Gaston, the Trojans also won national titles in 2003 and 2008. "I just saw so much fight in Gaston, the Trojans also won national titles in 2003 and 2008. "I just saw so much fight in | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 4 '19
GAINESVILLE, Fla. Evgenii Dadonov Panthers Jersey . -- No. 23 Florida likely will be without quarterback Luke Del Rio against Southeastern Conference rival and 15th-ranked Tennessee next week.Del Rio injured his left knee in a 32-0 victory against North Texas on Saturday night, a huge setback for the Gators and their championship hopes.It doesnt look great, so well do whatever, said coach Jim McElwain, adding that former Purdue starter Austin Appleby would be the next guy up. Somebody else will play and well get some guys ready and move forward and get ready to go play next week.The injury overshadowed a dominant performance by Floridas defense, which allowed a school-record 53 yards on 50 plays. The previous mark was 59 yards allowed against Western Carolina in 2006.Defensive lineman Joshua Wheeler hit Del Rio low at the end of incomplete pass late in the third quarter, drawing a personal-foul penalty. Trainers and coach Jim McElwain rushed to the field as Del Rio ripped off his helmet. Del Rio eventually got up and walked to the locker room without any assistance.But that was hardly the end of it for Florida (3-0). McElwain, who initially believed Wheelers hit was dirty, started yelling at the North Texas (1-2) sideline and had to be restrained by officials and then his players.I obviously took that low hit on Luke awful personal, McElwain said. Im sure his guy was just scrambling trying to make a play, but I really care about these players. I care about them in more ways than just football players, and when you see something like that, its my responsibility when their parents arent here to be their parents.Both teams responded to McElwains tirade by stepping onto the field and moving toward the hash marks.I care about these kids, McElwain said. Theyre mine. I see something like that, it aint right.On the next play, Florida guard Martez Ivey was ejected for grabbing linebacker Fred Scott by the facemask during a run. Ivey will not be suspended for the first half of next weeks game against the Volunteers.Del Rio completed 14 of 25 passes for 186 yards, with an interception.THE TAKEAWAYNORTH TEXAS: Coach Seth Littrell, a former offensive assistant at Arizona, Indiana and North Carolina, is trying to change the culture at North Texas. Playing the Gators tough early -- the score was 19-0 through three quarters -- was a good start and something to build on in Littrells first season.FLORIDA: The tune-up games are over. While handling UMass, Kentucky and North Texas, Floridas defense was dominant and its offense remains a work in progress -- especially without Del Rio. It remains to be seen how the Gators young and inexperienced offensive line will fare against the meat of the schedule.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida should remain at or near No. 23 , making next weeks game at Tennessee the second in eight years in which both rivals were ranked. They also were both ranked in 2012. The Gators, who have won 11 in a row in the series, and Volunteers were both unranked the previous two meetings.UP NEXTNORTH TEXAS: Opens Conference USA play at Rice (0-3). The Mean Green are 2-4 all-time against the Owls.FLORIDA: Plays the Volunteers (3-0) for the 27th consecutive year. Florida is 20-6 during that stretch, including 11 straight wins that mark the longest streak since the programs first played in 1916.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Keith Yandle Panthers Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Vincent Trocheck Panthers Jersey . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. http:///...kblad-hockey-jersey/ . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said.ATHENS, Ga. -- Annie Park brought more than great skills to Southern Californias womens golf team. The bubbly freshman from Levittown, N.Y., also showed her new teammates how to enjoy their time on the course and ignore the pressure. "I think she helped loosen up the team in general, which is important," senior Sophia Popov said. "Youve got to have fun out there. You can always rely on her. You can say that." Park shot a 1-under 71 to top the individual standings and help Southern California win its third NCAA tournament title with a record-setting team performance Friday. Southern California finished at 19-under 1,133 -- 15 strokes better than the previous tournament mark set by UCLA in 2004 -- to beat second-place Duke by 21 strokes at the University of Georgia Golf Course. Third-place Purdue was 21 over -- 40 shots behind Southern California. Park finished at 10 under for a six-stroke victory over Dukes Lindy Duncan. Kyung Kim and Popov tied for sixth at 1 over for Southern California, which finished second to Alabama last year by one shot. Park was in high school when Southern California had a five-stroke lead vanish on the back nine last year in Franklin, Tenn. Entering the Pac-12 tournament last month in Los Angeles, Park wasnt sure what to think of her game. She had one victory and three other top-10 finishes in six events, but was 27th the week before at Arizona State. Not only did Park win the Pac-12, she also tied for first two weeks later at the West Regional. Even so, she hardly imagined leaving Athens as the NCAA champion. "It was unexpected," Park said. "I was just trying to play my best in each round and shot. It turned out to be good." Alabama junior Stephanie Meadow endured a different kind of day in the swirling wind. Mike Hoffman Jersey. . Despite leading the nation this season with a 71.1 scoring average and beginning the final round just two strokes off the lead, Meadow fell out contention with a double bogey on the par-4 ninth hole. Meadow, the tournaments top seed, finished with an 80 to tie for sixth at 1 over. "I dont really know what happened today," Meadow said. "I just kind of fell off the map and once it went, it went. Its hard to come back when youre going through that emotionally, but its something Ive got to learn from because theres going to be days in the future when I do this. It wont be the last time I shoot 80." Park became the seventh freshman to win the individual title, joining a group that includes Annika Sorenstam of Arizona in 1991, Vicki Goetze of Georgia in 1992 and Austin Ernst of LSU in 2011. Southern Cal assistant coach Justin Silverstein cited Parks ability to block out distractions as a strength not seen often in freshmen. "Theres no change in emotion if she makes three birdies in a row or a couple bogeys," Silverstein said. "Her ability to miss it in the proper spots is something you rarely see from an 18-year-old and an ability to do that on a golf course this hard is what kind of what separates people like her from the rest of the pack." Under head coach Andrea Gaston, the Trojans also won national titles in 2003 and 2008. "I just saw so much fight in these girls," Gaston said. "We had some tough holes and we fought back and made some birdies to bring our scores back. I think the most impressive thing is it was a team victory. All of them counted at least twice this week." ' ' '