ay night. It will be only the second meeting bay night. It will be only the second meeting b | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 6 '19
Twenty years on, we reflect on Liverpools legendary 4-3 win over Newcastle - a game widely regarded as the greatest in Premier League history… Two decades have passed but the memories of Newcastles trip to Anfield in 1996 still burn brightly. Josh Rosen Jersey . Kevin Keegans faltering Entertainers were in urgent need of victory having seen a 12-point lead over Manchester United replaced by a three-point deficit, while third-placed Liverpool harboured title ambitions of their own.The encounter featured a plethora of attacking talent and had all the ingredients to be a classic, but it still managed to exceed just about everyones expectations. We were third and Newcastle were second and we were going to try to keep things tight and try to nick a win, reflected former Liverpool striker Stan Collymore. Game plans went out the window pretty early on, though. Collymore would become Liverpools hero by dispatching the winning goal in second-half stoppage time in front of a delirious Kop, but his first major involvement came just two minutes in when he set up Robbie Fowlers opener with a looping cross from the left flank.The far-post header was the 19-year-olds 27th goal of the campaign, and it set the tone for the pulsating drama that followed. Within 12 minutes, Newcastle had turned the game on its head. Les Ferdinand equalised with a sharp finish from Faustino Asprillas cut-back, and David Ginola struck their second after springing Liverpools offside trap. Newcastle players celebrate Les Ferdinands equaliser at Anfield The momentum swung back in the home sides favour when Fowler rifled home his second from a Steve McManaman pass 10 minutes after the break, but Newcastle mustered another immediate response as Asprilla latched onto Rob Lees through ball and finished beyond advancing Liverpool goalkeeper David James two minutes later.Newcastle continued pouring forward despite the 3-2 lead, and they were punished when an attack broke down on the halfway line in the 68th minute. Liverpool worked the ball to Jason McAteer on the right-hand side, and the Irishmans teasing cross was met with impeccable timing by Collymore to level the scores once again.The Sky Sports cameras panned to dejected Newcastle supporters in the away end, but things were about to get a whole lot worse. With the clock ticking down and both sides still searching for a winning goal, John Barnes and Ian Rush combined for the former to tee up the onrushing Collymore on the left-hand side of the Newcastle box. Stan Collymore smashes the winning goal past Pavel Srnicek All I can remember thinking was: Hit the target, said Collymore. I wanted to hit it across Pavel Srnicek, which is what youre supposed to do, but I hit it so hard that it beat him at his near post. I didnt know what to feel after. It was fantastic. I ran over to the Kop and was thinking: What have I done? Tylers greatest game The Sky Sports commentator explains why Liverpools 4-3 win was the greatest game he has worked on. Jamie Redknapp was among the Liverpool players who sprinted over to celebrate with Collymore. Incredible game, said the Sky Sports pundit. Newcastle took the lead, we came back, Newcastle took the lead, we came back… It had everything, and in that last minute, I think it was Barnes to Rush, to Barnes, to Rush, to Collymore.In the Newcastle dugout, Keegans despair was famously captured on camera. When I look back now, just seeing Kevin Keegan sprawled across the advertising hoardings, I think he was a beaten man after that, added Redknapp. Kevin Keegan can be seen slumped over the advertising hoardings as the Liverpool bench react to Collymores winning goal The Newcastle manager rejected criticism of their gung-ho playing style after the game, but Liverpool boss Roy Evans was rather more pragmatic. That was kamikaze football, he said. Great for the fans but realistically nobody will win the championship defending every week like these teams did tonight.  Evans, of course, was right. Newcastle and Liverpool failed to overhaul United in the final weeks of the season, and Sir Alex Fergusons men clinched their third Premier League title with a four-point cushion.Ginola described the defeat as the turning point for Newcastle in a campaign that had promised so much. We were an entertaining team, he said, but we then realised we could lose games. Never again have they come so close to winning a Premier League title, and the wait continues for Liverpool too. Watch Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp join Ed Chamberlin to dissect Liverpools 4-3 win over Newcastle on a Monday Night Football special at 6.30pm and 10.30pm on Sky Sports 1 HD. Also See: Examining Klopps impact Sissoko: Time to show quality Jason Taylor Youth Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Nat Moore Dolphins Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Michael-deiter-dolphins-jersey/ . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. AUBURN, Ala. -- Gus Malzahn was ready to try anything to get a win for his Auburn Tigers.Malzahn relinquished offensive play-calling duties. Following his daughters advice, he traded his usual game-day visor for a cap. And then, when the clock expired and LSU players were celebrating an apparent last-second win, the Auburn coach put all his faith in a ruling he couldnt control.Daniel Carlson kicked six field goals and Auburn beat No. 18 LSU 18-13 on Saturday night after officials ruled Danny Etlings apparent last-gasp scoring pass came after time expired.Malzahn said he knew there were only zeroes on the clock before the snap to Etling.I was pretty confident time had expired, Malzahn said. It was just a matter of going to the booth and confirming it.Etling rolled to his right and found D.J. Shark in the back of the end zone on a 15-yard pass, setting off a short-lived celebration by LSU players.I dont know if Ive ever come as close to winning a game and finishing second as today, LSU coach Les Miles said.LSU center Ethan Pocic said he it was unbelievable to briefly believe his team won.One second you do but then one second you dont, but thats college football, Pocic said.The celebration shifted to the Auburn sideline and the similarly dramatic turn in emotions.It was terrifying, just knowing as an athlete, theres nothing you can do about it, said running back Kerryon Johnson, who led Auburn with 93 yards rushing. ... Just to see the clock run out and know its over officially made me feel great.It was an important for Auburn (2-2, 1-1 Southeastern Conference) and Malzahn, who faced increased criticism following losses to Top 25 teams Clemson and Texas A&M.I think it will give us some momentum moving forward, Malzahn said.Malzahn gave play-calling responsibility to offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee and saidd Lashlee will retain the role even after Auburn was held without a touchdown. Larry Csonka Youth Jersey. An illegal shift penalty against LSU (2-2, 1-1) left the Tigers with a fourth-down play from the 15. There was only 1 second on the clock before officials huddled. Miles said officials said they were adding 3 seconds to the clock.We knew the referee was not going to blow a whistle, Miles said. He was going to raise a hand and drop it and the clock was going to start. We were trying to get off the play as fast as we could.LSU star running back Leonard Fournette had 16 carries for 101 yards.THE TAKEAWAYLSU: The LSU offense must improve if the Tigers are to realize their preseason expectations. LSU was held to 338 yards, including 118 yards passing by Etling.Auburn: Defense continues to be Auburns strength, but struggles by the offense drew sporadic boos from impatient fans throughout the game. Improvements will be needed; it will be difficult to pull off more SEC wins without reaching the end zone.WAR BALD EAGLEMalzahn switched to a white Auburn baseball cap after advice from his concerned daughters. My daughters said something about me wearing a visor and I need to put on a hat because Im getting bald, he said. I saw a replay and it looked pretty bad so thats the reason Im going to wear a hat.UP NEXTLSU: The Tigers will face another SEC Western Division rival when they play Missouri in a home game next Saturday night. It will be only the second meeting between the teams and the first as SEC rivals. In the only other meeting, Missouri won 20-15 in the 1978 Liberty Bowl.Auburn: Auburn will take a break from its SEC schedule when it plays Louisiana-Monroe in its last of five straight home games. ' ' '