no objection to the revised opinion, said the box is sometimes used for state business without Haley atten | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 9 '19
IRVINE, Calif. Marcus Mariota Titans Jersey . -- The Los Angeles Rams are trying to wrap up contract extensions for Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead prior to the start of the regular season, according to ESPNs Adam Schefter.Both are entering the final year of their contracts.Asked at a media session Sunday if he hoped to have the extension finalized before the regular-season opener, Fisher neither confirmed nor denied discussions were underway.I dont know where those reports came from, and Ive never gotten into the details regarding my own personal situation, Fisher said. Well see what happens.Fisher has never had a winning season in his four years with the Rams, going 27-36-1 overall. In his 16-plus years coaching the Houston/Tennessee Titans, he went 142-120. He had six winning seasons. But Fisher is a Los Angeles product, having gone to Taft High School in Woodland Hills and USC. He was the Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator in 1991. And he was instrumental in helping the Rams move from St. Louis back to Los Angeles this offseason.Typically, however, coaches who have never had a winning season with a franchise are not in discussions about a contract extension.But the Rams do not want Fisher to enter the season with it being the final year on his contract. And both sides want to complete the deal and expect it to happen, league sources told Schefter.Fisher had expressed frustrations over his teams past performance and approach on the Rams debut segment in HBOs Hard Knocks documentary series.Little things are important, you follow me? Fisher said in a team meeting. I am not f---ing going 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7, OK? Or 10-6 for that matter. This team is too talented. I am not going to settle for that, OK? I know what I am doing. We had some 7-9 bulls--- this morning. Now, Deons gone. That is 7-9 bulls---. We dont need it.On Saturday night, the Rams made their comeback to Los Angeles beating the Cowboys 28-24 in their preseason opener. Derrick Henry Youth Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Corey Davis Womens Jersey . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.authentictitanspro.com/Ryan-tannehill-titans-jersey/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Gov. Nikki Haley can watch the University of South Carolina Gamecocks from a free luxury football suite only if she is conducting state business, the State Ethics Commission decided Wednesday.The commissions advisory opinion is a revision from last September, when the board unanimously said the university can continue its longstanding practice of providing free tickets to the box to whoever occupies the governors mansion, calling it a gift to the office rather than Haley herself.While last falls opinion said state business -- such as courting company executives or hosting out-of-state dignitaries -- should be a priority for the 16 tickets, it allowed for personal use.A caveat we put in the opinion recognized that sometimes there wont be a big company youre trying to woo to South Carolina thats going to need these tickets, said agency attorney Michael Burchstead, referring to a paragraph that read, in part, we are not advocating for the tickets to go to waste.Commissioner Frank Grimball said hes concerned about weakening state ethics law thats specifically meant to limit lawmakers entertainment by lobbyists, especially since the suites perks include free food and drinks. He said others may take advantage of the exception.The issue is that the tickets value far exceeds legal limits on how much agencies that lobby state government can individually give elected officials. Those limits are $60 daily and $480 dollars yearly. State law provides an exception for events directly related to state or local economic development.I think our job is to protect the act, Grimball said. Why not direct the governor to follow the act?He cast the lone no for the revised opinion, which limits the boxs use to state-related purposes.Grimball called that wording too vague aand argued unsuccessfully that the tickets should be used only for economic development. Derrick Henry Womens Jersey. How much the gift is worth is unknown.USC spokesman Wes Hickman has said the university cant put a price tag on the tickets, provided for decades, because the governors office has a private suite on a level otherwise reserved for news media, the visiting athletic director and others who dont pay.According to the Gamecock Club website, season tickets for non-suite seats directly beneath the press box cost at least $1,665 each. Leasing a 24-ticket suite thats located between the end zones exceeds $100,000.The governor personally attended two of six home games last year and three of seven in 2014, said Haley spokeswoman Chaney Adams.Like previous administrations, Adams said, Haley has used the suite for state business because theres no better way to showcase the great things going on in our state.Haley attorney Butch Bowers, who had no objection to the revised opinion, said the box is sometimes used for state business without Haley attending. But the governors office couldnt detail who has used the suite or why.The opinion is limited to Gamecocks football tickets. The school also provides the governors office four season tickets to mens basketball games.Clemson University, Haleys alma mater, provides the perk differently.Clemson board members and others individually provide the governor a football suite to the Tigers home games. Haley listed the worth of each of the 10 suites as $3,200 in her 2016 statement of economic interest, submitted in March. Officeholders are required to list gifts, their value and who gave them in the annual disclosure. ' ' '