ico State: Hosts UC-Irvine on Monday night. The Aggies | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 10 '19
With senior quarterback Seth Russell throwing passes during a high-tempo Baylor practice, and the same assistant coaches on the field, so much looks familiar as the Bears get ready for a new season. Serge Aurier Jersey .That is what acting head coach Jim Grobe has wanted since being put into a difficult situation.A key for us is for the kids to start making headlines for touchdowns and tackles, and not all the past stuff, Grobe said.The former Wake Forest coach was brought out of semi-retirement at the end of May following the sudden offseason dismissal of coach Art Briles. The Bears lost their two-time Big 12 champion coach, while the school president was demoted and athletic director resigned, in the wake of a report from an independent review that determined the school mishandled complaints of sexual assault against some players.Grobe kept the rest of the coaching staff intact, including the offensive coordinator who is Briles son, citing the importance for players to have continuity for practices and games.As far as Xs and Os, things arent broken here, Grobe said of the team that has led the nation in scoring and total offense each of the past three years.Russell was the top-rated FBS passer when he suffered a season-ending neck injury in the seventh game last year. Russell was on a mission trip in Brazil with other Baylor athletes when he found out Briles would no longer be their coach, but the quarterback had no second thoughts about returning to the Bears when he found out Grobes plan to keep things the same on the field.Coach Grobe has done a really good job of showing his leadership and showing us the right way of doing things, Russell said. Were trying to build the way people view Baylor back up.RUNNING BEARS: In their Citrus Bowl victory over North Carolina, the Bears had four different players take snaps and piled up 645 yards rushing. Baylor returns a pair of 1,000-yard rushers in senior Shock Linwood (1,280 yards) and junior Johnny Jefferson, who got 299 of his 1,000 yards in the bowl game. Linwood is the nations third-leading active rusher with 3,462 yards, only 203 shy of Walter Abercrombies school record. Linwoods 34 rushing TDs are one shy of Alfred Andersons school record.KEY GAMES: After two Friday night non-conference games, Baylor opens Big 12 play at home Sept. 24 against Oklahoma State, which was 10-0 last season before a 10-point home loss to the Bears. On Nov. 5, the Bears host TCU for the first time since their comeback from a 21-point deficit in the final 11 minutes two years ago for an epic 61-58 victory. That game is in the middle of a difficult stretch for the Bears, sandwiched between trips to Texas and Oklahoma.PREDICTION: The Bears have won 50 games over the past five seasons, but there will be four new starting offensive linemen and no proven backup quarterback after Jarrett Stidhams departure. If Russell can stay healthy, the Bears should be near the top of the Big 12 standings, though a third conference title in four seasons just seems unlikely.SEASON OPENER: Sept. 2 vs. Northwestern State, an FCS team from Louisiana. The Bears will be the first Big 12 team to kick off the season, with their Friday night opener scheduled to start 90 minutes before Kansas State plays at Stanford. This will be Baylors fifth game against the Demons, who have lost the previous four by an average margin of 50 points. It was 70-6 two years ago.---Online: AP College football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Serge Aurier Hotspur Jersey . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Victor Wanyama Hotspur Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http:///...nham-Hotspur-Jersey/ .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. TEMPE, Ariz. -- New Mexico State looks ready to defend its WAC regular season championship after Saturdays momentous win over Arizona State of the Pac-12.Braxton Huggins scored 24 points and Ian Baker added 19 with eight assists and seven rebounds to lead the Aggies to an 81-70 win over the Sun Devils.Huggins knocked down a season-high six 3-pointers and Baker had season highs in assists and rebounds. Eli Chuha scored 13 points and grabbed 11 boards for the Aggies, who won their eighth straight and got their first true road win over a Power Five conference team since the 1994-95 season.Any chance you get to play a Pac-12 team, its a big moment for us, Aggies coach Paul Weir said. We felt if we came in and played well we would have a shot and fortunately we were able to come out with a victory against a very good basketball team.The Sun Devils (6-5) suffered through a poor second half of shooting, making just 10 of 33 shots, and coach Bobby Hurley was ejected with two technical fouls midway through the half.Obinna Oleka led ASU with 15 points and 11 rebounds. The Sun Devils had eight scholarship players available and all played.The Aggies (10-2) led by as many as 10 points in the first half, with Huggins making four of the teams eight first-half 3-pointers. He had 14 points at halftime.We just tried to run in transition and get everybody open looks, Huggins said. My teammates did a good job of passing me the ball when I was open.Arizona State trailed 29-22 midway through the half, then went on a 10-0 run. Kodi Justice hustled to save the ball from going out of bounds at one end, then made a spinning floater at the other to make the score 29-28 with 8:38 to go.That energized the crowd, and it rose to its feet seconds later when Shannon Evans II dove for a loose ball and tapped it to Torian Graham for a fast break dunk to put the Sun Devils in front.The lead changed hands until Jermaine Haley hit a corner 3 with four seconds left to give the Aggies a 40-38 halftime lead.Early in the game we had issues getting stops, and our offense was kind of just able to keep us going, Weir said.The Sun Devils didnt score for more than four minutes to start the second half and the Aggies built the lead to 55-45 on aa Johnathon Wilkins jumper with 12:28 to play. Harry Winks Jersey. They outhustled us, outplayed us, they wanted it more and we were relaxed and lackadaisical, Evans said.Hurley picked up his second technical and was ejected at the 9:47 mark, at which point the Aggies led 62-47.I wish I could have congratulated them for the game they played, Hurley said.BIG PICTURENew Mexico State: The Aggies head home to Las Cruces, N.M., for their next three games, including one on Dec. 30 against UTEP in the Battle of I-10 series, the second meeting of the month between the teams. Those three games are the final non-conference contests before WAC play opens in January.Arizona State: ASU on Saturday started a three-game homestead which includes No. 10 Creightons visit to Tempe on Dec. 20. Creighton will be third top-20 team the Sun Devils face in the non-conference season.TIP-INSNew Mexico State: The Aggies were given a technical foul right before tipoff for not submitting their starting lineup by the deadline of 10 minutes prior to the start of the game. Weir called it an issue with the scorebook. ... Haley went down early in the second half and limped off the court. He got his left ankle taped and went back to the locker room, returning to the bench moments later and eventually back into action.Arizona State: The Sun Devils played their first game without highly-touted freshman Sam Cunliffe, who left the program after the teams game at San Diego State last Saturday. He was averaging 9.5 points and 4.8 rebounds per game and had started all 10. ... Justice appeared to take a shot to the face in the first half and left the court with a trainer, but returned quickly and continued to play.COURTSIDE VIEWPro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Andre Reed attended Saturdays game and had courtside seats.UP NEXTNew Mexico State: Hosts UC-Irvine on Monday night. The Aggies 16-game home win streak is on the line.Arizona State: Hosts No. 10 and unbeaten Creighton on Tuesday night. Creighton will be the highest ranked non-conference team to play at ASU since Dec. 20, 1980, when ASU hosted No. 7 Ohio State. ' ' '