nbow Warriors make their final road trip of the season to | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Sep 10 '19
SAN DIEGO -- Businessman Kim Andersen of Denmark is running for president of World Sailing, saying the governing body is at a crossroads under incumbent Carlo Croce. Jaylon Ferguson Youth Jersey .While wanting to increase the sports visibility worldwide and protect its spot in the Olympic lineup, Andersen is calling for more transparency in how the organization manages the sport and its finances.How we guide and manage our sport has been very poor the last four years and we are lacking a lot of leadership, Andersen told The Associated Press by phone. The reason for that is a lot of changes in organization and management. Its still the responsibility of the existing board to be able to make the right decision and be able to run the organization.Andersen is running against Croce and Paul Henderson of Canada, who was president of the organization from 1994-2004 and is a former member of the International Olympic Committee. Voting for the four-year term is Sunday in Barcelona.Andersen, who is vice president of construction and engineering company MT Hojgaard and active in the Dragon class, said World Sailing needs a transparent decision-making process.Management systems in World Sailing must stand up to scrutiny, he said. World Sailing must be accountable to its stakeholders. World Sailing need to preserve and strengthen the integrity of its financial and administrative system.Andersen said Croce has done a quite poor job.Hes wanted to change a lot of things and thats a part of the problem, Andersen said.World Sailing is on its third CEO since October 2014. There have been several controversies under Croces watch, including intense scrutiny on the international jury that handed down harsh penalties at the 2013 Americas Cup, sailing being dropped from the Paralympics and youth regattas being held in countries that discriminated against Israeli sailors.Henderson criticized World Sailing last week for a lack of transparency in its finances.Andersen agrees, to a point.Of course, all the financial issues need to be open and transparent. Just the fact were having a discussion of finances; we should never ever do that, he said. It should never be necessary. Paul is having a lot of issues where he is pointing at issues we should never have to point at. I would go about it a different way, but he has a point.Henderson has raised questions about a sponsorship deal with Russian energy giant Gazprom.I can say Im confused what actually is done with the Gazprom deal and the money, Andersen said. Pauls investigation shows theres something we need to look into but I dont have reason to believe something wrong has happened. But the lack of transparency makes everybody suspicious. Thats the real issue. That should never have happened. If you have a well-managed organization and are transparent, we shouldnt have this discussion because it should be transparent.The AP requested an interview with Croce. A London public relations firm that represents him responded with a statement attributed to Croce.This year has been significant for World Sailing on a number of fronts, including further improving and modernizing our governance, and I am pleased with the progress we have made in this important area, Croce is quoted as saying.He says he wants to ensure that World Sailing uses the best practices from the corporate and sporting worlds. If re-elected, he adds, he wants to cement sailings place in the Olympics and ensure parasailings return to the Paralympics.At 59, Andersen is the youngest of the three candidates. Henderson is 81 and Croce is 71.Andersen thinks he has a good chance of winning.I think I can make a difference, with long my management background, he said. Its something you can fix with a lot of hard work but its not difficult.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson Hayden Hurst Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Mark Andrews Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. http:///...oykin-ravens-jersey/ . Louis Blues. Shane Hnidy joins Brian Munz for the broadcast on TSN 1290 Radio at 7pm ct. HONOLULU -- There were no signs of jet lag for No. 24 Boise State on Saturday.Behind the play of sophomore quarterback Brett Rypien, the Broncos (9-1, 8-1 Mountain West, No. 22 CFP) scored early and often on their way to a 52-16 rout of host Hawaii.Rypien threw for 338 yards and four touchdowns as Boise State racked up a season-high 603 yards of total offense, 403 of them coming before halftime.The Broncos jumped out to a commanding 28-0 lead early in the second quarter and went on to score touchdowns on six of their first seven possessions.I think were clicking a lot better than we have all year and you want to be playing your best football coming into the end of the year and I think were doing that, said Rypien, who completed 18 of his 22 pass attempts before taking a seat for the final quarter.Boise State coach Bryan Harsin credited his teams week of preparation ahead of its longest road trip of the season.Overall, just the way that the coaches and the players prepared themselves for Hawaii, I was very excited about that, and I think thats got to carry over into these next two games that we play because its all about the process for us, Harsin said.Rypien threw touchdown passes of 35 yards to Thomas Sperbeck and 6 yards to Alec Dhaenens in the first half and added scoring strikes of 35 yards to Cedric Wilson and 44 yards to Sperbeck in the second. He also ran in a touchdown from four yards out to send the Broncos into halftime with a 35-3 lead.I think we had a good plan coming in and I think we had a great week of practice and that helped a lot, said Rypien. We just came out and started fast, like we usually do, but the big thing for us was to play a good four quarters -- well for the starters, three quarters tonight -- but I thought we fought hard every single play.Boise State entered the game ranked 18th nationally in red zone offense and continued that trend Saturday, finding the end zone on all four of its trips inside the 20.Jeremy Nichols, the nations leading scorer, ran for 153 yards on 16 carries and scored on runs of 36 and 5 yards. Wilson had game highs of seven receptions and 141 yards and Sperbeck, the schools all-time leader in receiving yardage, added five grabs for 114 yards. Ray Lewis Womens Jersey. In addition to its offensive success, Boise State managed two defensive takeaways for the first time this season.Paul Harris ran for 145 yards and Rigoberto Sanchez made field goals of 24, 32 and 35 yards for the Rainbow Warriors (4-7, 3-4).THE TAKEAWAYBoise State: Wyomings wild 69-66 triple-overtime loss to UNLV Saturday keeps the door open for the Broncos to sneak into the Mountain West championship game. Boise State needs New Mexico to win out and beat Wyoming on Nov. 26 to create a potential three-way tie in the Mountain Division. The tiebreaker would be determined by the team ranked highest in the College Football Playoff rankings at the end of the regular season.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors chances of a bowl game are bleak, but not completely dead. They needed to win their final three games to finish above .500, but there is still a possibility they could be invited to the Hawaii Bowl with a 6-7 record.Weve had about a month here where we havent had a lot of positives and we better figure it out heading into the last two games, Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich said.KEY NUMBERSBoise State: The Broncos entered the game ranked 118th (of 128 FBS teams) in turnover margin, but won the turnover battle Saturday. Safety Chanceller James had an interception in the second quarter and linebacker Joe Martarano forced a fumble in the third quarter that was recovered by teammate Durrant Miles. They did not turn over the ball on offense.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors managed just three first downs in the first half. They posted 200 of their 359 yards of total offense -- and 12 first downs -- after halftime.UP NEXTBoise State: The Broncos will face another West Division team when they host UNLV. The Broncos have gone 101-6 at home since 2000.Hawaii: The Rainbow Warriors make their final road trip of the season to take on Fresno State. They are 13-7-1 in games there, including losses in their last two trips.---More AP college football at http://collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '