ar. But because they cant afford for Bradford to get | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Sep 12 '19
TAMPA, Fla. Shohei Ohtani Angels Jersey . -- Cameron Brate describes his unlikely journey from undrafted college free agent to starting NFL tight end as pretty crazy. Now, the former Harvard standout is hoping to prove the Tampa Bay Buccaneers made a smart choice.The third-year pro, released late last summer only to rejoin the Bucs after a brief stay with the New Orleans Saints, played his way into the teams long-term plans while filling in a portion of the 2105 season for an injured Austin Seferian-Jenkins, whos been unable to hold on to the No. 1 job in training camp.Seferian-Jenkins was a second-round draft pick two years ago. Hes shown flashes of being a potential star, but also has struggled to stay healthy while appearing in just 16 games since entering the league.Two years ago, I was kind of an afterthought, said Brate, who spent most of his rookie season on Tampa Bays practice squad, eventually winding up on the active roster for the final four games and catching one pass for 17 yards.My rookie year I didnt get too many reps in practice and was just hoping to catch on any way I could. ... Then last year, I was kind of at the bottom of the depth chart again, he added. It was a major bummer to get cut, but it ended up working out for me. ... Its pretty cool looking back, just kind of how far Ive come.Brate, 25, spent the opening week of last season on Tampa Bays practice squad. He smiles recalling what happened next during a whirlwind seven days that saw the young tight end get released, sign with New Orleans practice squad, stand on the sideline and watch the Bucs beat his new team on Sunday, and -- finally -- wind up back in Tampa Bay when his old team signed him to the active roster from the Saints practice squad.Brate went on to appear in 14 games, starting four and finishing with 23 receptions for 288 yards and three touchdowns. Seferian-Jenkins had 21 receptions for 338 yards and four TDs in seven games.I was holding my breath when we lost him to the Saints. .. I thought they were getting a really good guy, and it just worked out that we had a chance to get him back, Bucs coach Dirk Koetter, the teams offensive coordinator a year ago, said.Hes 65, he can run, hes smart, hes coachable, hes consistent, (and) he knows where to be and when to be there, Koetter added. Thats important. Guys that dont make mistakes. And then when you get a chance to make plays, youve got to make them, and he does.Meanwhile, Seferian-Jenkins said hes focused on working hard and contributing any way he can -- not the depth chart.It is what it should be right now. ... Im just thankful to be out here playing football and doing what I love, Seferian-Jenkins said. Im going to enjoy it and Im going to seize every opportunity that I get because thats the most important thing.Brate, meanwhile, knows hes far from a finished product.While excited about what he accomplished last year and the prospect for continued growth with Jameis Winston coming off throwing for more than 4,000 yards as a rookie, Brate also wants to improve his blocking in hopes of becoming a more complete player.`A big thing I think was confidence for me, said Brate, who had 18 career TD receptions at Harvard. Coming from a smaller school, not really playing too much my rookie year, just kind of believing in myself that I belonged in the league.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Custom Los Angeles Angels Jerseys . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Matt Harvey Jersey . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/rod-carew-angels-jersey/ . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. PHILADELPHIA -- Theres a clock in Sam Bradfords head, and its ticking fast. The alarm goes off at 2.3 seconds, which is the average length of time its taking the Minnesota Vikings?quarterback to throw the ball this season. That was the fourth-fastest time in the entire NFL entering Sundays game, and Sundays game showed the reason for that.Its hard to evaluate his performance when you look like a sieve in there, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said after his team suffered its first loss of the season?21-10 to the Philadelphia Eagles.Theres a clock in Zimmers head too. Although its showing weeks and months instead of seconds, its ticking just as unmercifully. Zimmer is a man who knows his teams glittering 2016 start didnt come with much margin for error. At some point, the alarm clock is going to ring, and the expiration date is going to arrive. At some point, the wolf knocks on the door and sacks Bradford six times in one game.We were soft. We got overpowered. We got whipped, Zimmer said. It was a poor display. We have to stay away from negative plays offensively. Were not good enough to overcome these things.The 5-0 record the Vikings carried into Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday wasnt a mirage, but it wasnt bulletproof, either. The pressure with which the Eagles defensive front whipped Minnesotas overmatched tackles was the attack for which Zimmer has clearly been bracing. Philadelphia sacked Bradford six times, and the Eagles also hit him 19 times and knocked him down 14 times. A tackle rotation that included T.J. Clemmings, Jeremiah Sirles and recently signed veteran Jake Long didnt have any answers for the Eagles edge rushers, who were appropriately unimpressed.They were down a couple of offensive linemen, Connor Barwin said, so we knew there was going to be some opportunity there.Was there ever. Bradford and the Vikings offense didnt turn the ball over once the first five games of the season. They turned it over twice in the first quarter Sunday. The only reason this game didnt get out of hand right away was that the Eagles turned the ball over three times in the first quarter, a truly sordid 15 minutes of facsimile football in which it appeared as if each offense perceived the ball to be radioactive.But when things did settle down, it was Bradford, more than Philadelphias Carson Wentz, who spent the critical part of the day under siege.Its hard to throw when someones grabbing your arm, Zimmer said. Im not worried about Bradford.He should be. Even if he isnt concerned about Bradfords performance (which is wwhat he meant), theres surely reason to worry about Bradfords health if the protection issues dont improve. Justin Bour Angels Jersey. . Bradford is in his seventh NFL season and has played all 16 games only twice -- most recently in 2012. The Vikings obviously know hes a health risk; everyone does. They acquired him a week before the start of the season out of desperation, for a first-round pick and more, because Teddy Bridgewater got hurt and they believed they had a chance to win the Super Bowl if they could get decent quarterback play. The risk, for the Vikings, is worth it because they believe -- and believe they have shown -- the ability to compete with anyone in the NFL this season.But oh, that ticking clock. Not two weeks into the season, Minnesota lost starting left tackle Matt Kalil and, worst of all, star running back Adrian Peterson. That combination of absences has left the Vikings without a running game or a viable, week-to-week plan to keep Bradford upright. And they feel it.Hes as tough as they come, and hes shown that in these last five games, Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph said of Bradford. Id like to eliminate some of those hits hes taking and keep him on his feet.Bradford would like that too, and Zimmer made no secret of how badly he craves that. The Vikings arent going to be able to go get outside help. They already dealt their first-round pick for Bradford, and theyre only about $426,000 under the salary cap. Even if they could trade for a new left tackle, they couldnt pay him. This is what theyve got: this combination of overmatched tackles and a loud, ticking clock.Obviously, Ive been on teams that have had the injury bug, and Ive fought it too, Bradford said. Its been a different group of guys in front of me, but I cant let that affect me. Ive got confidence in those guys. Theyve done a great job of keeping me clean, keeping me protected. I think well come back, figure out a way to get better, and well overcome this.That clock thats in Bradfords head every time he takes a snap is just like the one that needs to be in the Vikings heads as they swallow their first loss and take this turn into the middle part of the season. Theyre 5-1 and have looked as good as any team in the league this year. But because they cant afford for Bradford to get hurt and because their biggest current problem puts his health at direct risk, they dont have a lot of time to get this figured out. ' ' '