is mate after three dismal seasons at the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 13 '19
HOMESTEAD, Fla. Cheap Shoes UK 2020 . -- Joey Logano still has a youthful exuberance -- the kind of guy who would watch Boy Meets World to relax the night before a championship race. He is still as goofy as he was when he broke into NASCAR as its next big phenom the day he turned 18.His carefree demeanor off the track belies the fact that, eight seasons later, he has developed into a cutthroat driver with a win-at-all-costs approach.Logano is so different now from the wide-eyed kid who was unexpectedly promoted into Tony Stewarts ride with Joe Gibbs Racing for his first full season. Hes raced for and lost a championship, hes feuded with top drivers, hes worked hard to shake the label as a spoiled daddys boy who coasted to the top.It took a second chance at only 22 given by Roger Penske for Logano to flourish, in and out of the race car. He doesnt care who is mad at him, hes not here to make friends. Logano is here to win races, and he lets very little get in his way.I wouldnt say I wasnt mature for my age, but Ive got more experience now doing what Im doing and racing up front and racing the best, he told The Associated Press. As you get older, you go through stages, right? You get married, and then you are married for a while and are getting your life going, then you take the next steps after that.Not only from a racing side of things, but from a business side of the sport, Ive become way more involved in that and understanding what it takes. I think thats kind of changed my attitude at the race track. Im still Joey, though. I still like watching funny TV shows, I still want to get my mind off of things. But I am more aware of whats going on in my mind, what Im conscious about, what am I thinking about and how to become the best.Logano made it to the 2014 championship race and withstood a barrage of needling from Kevin Harvick to have a shot at the title. But a slow pit stop ended his championship chances. He would have made it back to the finale last year, but he was adamantly unapologetic about his role in an accident with Matt Kenseth that virtually ended Kenseths Chase.Viewed by Kenseth and many of his peers as arrogant over the incident, Kenseth intentionally wrecked Logano weeks later and that stopped Logano from advancing to the finale.The experience eventually became a lesson for Logano (who indeed did watch Boy Meets World the night before the 2014 championship).He knows now that he should have called Kenseth to triage any bad blood. In fact, Logano uses everything as a learning experience, part of the playbook that has shaped him into the husband and racer he is today.Penske marvels at the leader Logano has become.We moved on, and quite honestly, I think Joey and Matt have worked it out on the racetrack, and hopefully personally and professionally they know how to do their jobs, Penske said.Far from the most dominant driver in this Chase, Logano twice won elimination races in these playoffs to advance to the next round. Rescued last week by a late caution in a race that could have eliminated him,, he went on to win and earn the spot Sunday against defending series champion Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson. He is trying to become the first Ford driver to win the title since Kurt Busch in 2004, the first year of the Chase.Joey is phenomenal about elevating, Penske said. Theres very few professional athletes that can elevate to that level when the pressure comes on, and Joey has done it time and time again.Hes the example for his No. 22 team and sets the tone for crew chief Todd Gordon.Like Logano, Gordon has lost a championship and that 2014 experience has allowed for a far more relaxed approach to this weekend. But its Logano who has told the team this race is no different than the other 37 on the schedule.Its a normal race weekend, Logano said. We go to win every weekend, and Im not going to change what we do just because whats on the line.He credits heavily his experience in the 2014 finale for his current mindset, and flatly dismisses the idea that someone has to lose a championship race to win one.Im very different, in a good way, though, he says.His experience, the infectious work ethic and leadership of Penske and that confidence -- he believes hes the best driver on the track.Its no secret in NASCAR racing that experience means a lot. Being able to go through Homestead once, being able to race for a championship, I think is key, he said. Ive talked a lot about that race, and said, `I hope Im in that position again someday, because I know how to handle the race, I know how to prepare for the race, I know how to race in the race.Weve done one before. Any time youve been somewhere before, you feel more confident, you feel like you are ready for the situation ahead of you, you know whats coming at you and you are ready to deal with it. Shoes UK From China . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Wholesale Shoes UK .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. https://www.shoesukonline.com/ . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Brisbane great Jonathan Brown believes the Lions must look for an experienced football person, not necessarily a former senior AFL coach, as they search for a replacement for Justin Leppitsch.Brisbane chairman Bob Sharpless and chief executive Greg Swann fronted a press conference on Monday to announce the boards decision to release Leppitsch from the final year of his contract after the Lions slumped to 17th with just three wins this season.My gut feel is that its probably an experienced coach or an experienced person, Brown said on Fox Footys On The Couch when asked what Brisbane needed in a coach.I dont think he necessarily has to have coached senior AFL football, weve seen guys like Don Pyke come in (and be successful) ... but hes going to have to be pretty resilient and thick-skinned.Former Carlton coach Brett Ratten, Adelaide list manager David Noble, Sydney assistant Stuart Dew and former Blues caretaker coach John Barker have all been touted as leading candidates.Brown also called for a seasoned football industry veteran to be placed in charge of a football department he branded dysfunctional.There is obviously a fair bit of distrust (at board level) and a fair bit of ddistrust in the football department as well, Brown said. Wholesale Shoes UK Free Shipping. So its a big operation (to fix) going forward.The football department has got problems there. Theyre not united, the playing group is not on board with some of the off-field staff, so it needs to be completely tidied up.It is dysfunctional, unfortunately, at the moment and that hurts me to say as an ex-player.While disappointed at the state of the Lions, Brown admitted he wasnt surprised to see the axe fall on his mate after three dismal seasons at the helm.I think he was in a bit of trouble ... he presented to the board last week and it was a positive presentation but he was coming from a long way back, he said.This has probably been in the works for the last few weeks. Leppitsch presented really well and I think he had the support of Leigh Matthews but ... the AFL recommendation was that they probably didnt want Leppa to continue in that job.Ultimately though it was the boards decision, which Leigh Matthews is a part of and unfortunately he got his marching orders one year early. ' ' '