inas ban is for three years, beginning on December 7, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 14 '19
LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- New sports could be added to the Summer Olympics by cutting less competitive events within existing sports, IOC presidential candidate Denis Oswald said Monday. Oliver Bjorkstrand Jersey . Oswald said a "more creative approach" is needed to establish the sports program in the wake of the IOCs handling of wrestlings Olympic status. "If you streamline some sports and keep only their events which are really universal, you could go further," Oswald said at a news conference to detail his campaign platform in the six-man race to succeed Jacques Rogge. "This space can go to different sports so that we can really create fresh blood within the program." Oswald said he is "pretty convinced" that wrestling will return to the Olympics after being eliminated in February from the core list for the 2020 Games in a process that was designed to bring in a new sport to fulfil the 28-sport limit. Wrestling, squash and a joint baseball-softball bid made the IOC shortlist last week for inclusion as an additional sport in 2020. A final decision will be made at the IOC session in Buenos Aires, Argentina, two days before the Sept. 10 presidential election. If wrestling wins the vote, no new sport will be brought in. "I was very surprised that was wrestling was eliminated," Oswald said. "I think there were other ways to warn them. At the end, the wish was to have a new sport." Oswald is competing against IOC vice-presidents Thomas Bach of Germany and Ng Ser Miang of Singapore, Richard Carrion of Puerto Rico, C.K. Wu of Taiwan and Sergei Bubka of Ukraine to replace Rogge, who steps down after completing a full 12-year mandate. Oswald picked up on widespread dissatisfaction with the sports program review, which left youth-oriented sports such as wakeboarding and roller sports shut out. The IOC has imposed a cap of 28 sports and 10,500 athletes to help host cities control costs and prepare for staging the 16-day event. "Its not necessary to stick to 28 sports," Oswald told reporters. "Every sport can make a certain effort, then you could have more than 28. There are some events which are pretty similar in which the athletes can win." Even in established sports, only "four or five nations" were likely to win medals in some events, the longtime rowing federation president said. Oswald also spoke against a proposed "United World Championship" to be held every four years for Olympic and non-Olympic sports. The project was put forward by judo federation president Marius Vizer after his election last Friday as head of the umbrella body SportAccord. "I dont think there is any city in the world which can accommodate such a games," said Oswald, who oversaw preparations for the 2004 Athens Olympics and 2012 London Games. "Everyone being a bit realistic realizes it is not possible." Oswald also proposes simplifying the process of cities bidding to host an Olympics, which currently involves bid officials travelling to make presentations to sports conferences and regional Olympic meetings. The 100-plus IOC members who will elect Rogges successor could also be given more work and responsibility under Oswalds leadership. "I think we should make better use of the members we have. I know many of them are willing to do more," he said. Oswald said it was "very difficult to know" how his election prospects shaped up. Still, his commitment to an IOC campaign has ruled him out of consideration for the presidency of the World Anti-Doping Agency, which becomes vacant in November. Oswald, with a background in sports law and as an arbitrator on the Court of Arbitration for Sport, has been mentioned as a possible WADA candidate, along with IOC vice-president Craig Reedie of Britain and former IOC medical director Patrick Schamasch. "The two things are not compatible. I had to make a choice," Oswald said. "WADA is no longer a consideration for me." Oswald calls his platform "My 5 Rings." He said he will present his detailed manifesto to IOC members in the next few weeks. All six candidates will speak to the members in Lausanne on July 4. Josh Anderson Jersey . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Alexander Wennberg Blue Jackets Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http:///...blue-jackets-jersey/ .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Jessica Ennis-Hill says she is thrilled to finally be receiving my gold medal after the woman who beat her to top spot at the 2011 world championship was stripped of her title due to a doping offence.Ennis-Hill, who announced her retirement from athletics last month, finished runner-up to Tatyana Chernova in Daegu five years ago.The Russian had her results in the two years immediately prior to her 2011 triumph annulled after a sample from the 2009 world championship was re-analysed and tested positive for a banned steroid.While last years initial sanction stripped Chernovas results up to 14 August, 2011, two weeks prior to beating Ennis-Hill in South Korea, the Court of Arbitration for Sport has ruled she must now forfeit her gold medal after an analysis of her biological passport dating back to 2009 showed evidence of blood doping.CAS said in a statement: All results achieved by Tatyana Chernova between 15 August, 2011, and 22 July, 2013, are annulled and the athlete will forfeit any titles, awards, medals, points and prize and appearance money obtained during this period.Soon after the CAS statement came out, Ennis-Hill issued a message on Instagram alongside a picture of her and a celebrating Chernova in Daegu.She said: This image was forever imprinted in my mind! However much it drove me on for what I was about to achieve at my first Olympics in London, in my heart I just knew it was wrong. So happy to finally be receiving my gold medal. Triple World Champion WOW.The 30-year--old, the 2012 Olympic champion, claimed her other two heptathlon world golds at Berlin in 2009 and Beijing last year. Boone Jenner Blue Jackets Jersey. As a consequence of the CAS ruling, Germanys Jennifer Oeser is set to be promoted from her third place finish while Polish athlete Karolina Tyminska will now be given a bronze medal from the 2011 championships.CAS decision means Chernova also loses her London 2012 bronze medal, with Lithuanias Austra Skujyte upgraded from fourth place.CAS also confirmed Chernova would be sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of three years and eight months, beginning on 5 February, 2016.However, the statement added: Ms Chernovas period of suspension from 22 July, 2013, until 21 July, 2015, previously imposed by the Russian Anti-doping Agency (RUSADA), is to be deducted from this sanction.Also included in Tuesdays statement were details of sanctions for Russian track duo Ekaterina Sharmina and Kristina Ugarova after blood doping was identified following analysis of their athlete biological passports.Sharminas ban is for three years, beginning on December 7, 2015, with all results achieved by the 800m runner between June 17, 2011, and August 5, 2015, annulled.Ugarova, who competed over 1500m, must serve a suspension of two years, beginning on September 7, 2015, with all of her results annulled between June 26, 2012, and December 25, 2012. ' ' '