land slip through his fingers. Sergio admits | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 16 '19
Paulo Sergio has tipped former club Hearts to see off Hibernian in the Scottish Cup this weekend while admitting he would jump at the chance to get back into management in Scotland. TreQuan Smith Jersey . The Portuguese, who guided Hearts to their memorable 5-1 rout of their City rivals at Hampden in May 2012, missed out on a possible return to the Premiership this year but concedes he has a very good feeling about British footballing culture.He told Sky Sports News HQ: Hearts are favourites but as always when you are favourites you have to prove it on the pitch. Hibernian are used to winning games too because they are fighting to get promotion so its a team that is also playing good football.  Sergio enjoys the acclaim of his players - and the supporters - at Hampden Park I believe it is going to be tight, its going to be difficult because Hibs are a team that are playing good football too, so the Hearts team has to be very, very focused and cant relax at any second.Reflecting on the Scottish Cup win over Hibs four years ago, he said: If you remember we were lots of times without getting paid, we sold important players in January. So the tightness and the strength of this group was amazing with young players and older ones helping a lot. For everybody it was a great, great memory. For me too it was the year that we played four times against the rivals in the city and I think its unique too because all four times we beat them. Robbie Neilson says Osman Sow could come back for one final hurrah against Hibs Having seen a job opportunity in Saudi Arabia fall through, Sergio - who left Hearts just three weeks after the Cup success - revealed he let a recent opportunity to return to Scotland slip through his fingers. Sergio admits he loved the atmosphere and respect he enjoyed across Scotland I had a phone call from a Scottish club this year but in the end it was my fault, he said. The chairman was waiting to speak with me on Skype but I had people in my house and after this I didnt speak with the chairman but I would love to have a chance to return to the UK for sure.I love the atmosphere of singing, people supporting the players. I always respect everybody so I always felt respected in Edinburgh and when I came here to Hampden, Ibrox or to Celtic Park to see games. So I have a very good fe
Mitglied