elope in the airport lounge. Read it late | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Sep 16 '19
Today Mashrafe Mortaza becomes the first Bangladesh cricketer in the era since they gained Test status to finish 15 years in international cricket. John Riggins Youth Jersey . To mark the occasion, a collection of anecdotes, tributes and reflections by fellow cricketers, administrators, journalists, and the man himself.Tamim Iqbal, Bangladesh team-mate I was really down during the 2015 World Cup. There was a lot of talk about me and it would have been easy to drop me or forget about me, but the way he took care of me was unbelievable. He gave me a lot of time, spoke about everything else other than cricket. He joked with me, and while I knew that he was trying to distract me away from my troubles, I did indeed end up forgetting about them. During team meetings he would start off by saying, Tamim will be the key. When I used to hear him speak about me in that way, it gave me a positive mindset. He did it through the tournament. I might play under a better captain than him but I seriously doubt whether if anyone else will take care of me like Mashrafe bhai.Brendan Taylor Former Zimbabwe captain, who played against Mashrafe in 28 international matches In 2006 we were level at one-all in a five-match series. We were chasing 237 to go 2-1 up.I remember Shahadat Hossain getting a hat-trick, and we were under serious pressure. Mash had had some success upfront and at the death. We needed 17 off the last over when he bowled a full toss that I hit for a six. I felt he was now under pressure, but knowing his character, I knew he would bounce back strong.We needed five off the last ball, which I managed to hit for six to win the game. Ill never forget him pull his jumper over his head in disbelief.One thing was for sure that he put all that behind him and made life very difficult for us when we toured Bangladesh a few months later. Again, its his strong mental side that has made him very successful. We have always respected each other and maintain a great friendship.Mahmudullah, Bangladesh team-mate On our way to West Indies in 2009, Mashrafe bhais first series as Bangladesh captain, he handed me an envelope in the airport lounge. Read it later, he said.I got on the plane and opened the envelope. The letter I read that day is something that I still remember. He had written some very inspir