2014 finale for his current mindset, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jun 12 '18
Rory McIlroy has admitted his frustration at not winning more trophies as he looks to taste success in the Players Championship this week. Scarpe Adidas 2018 Uomo . As well as winning four major titles and playing on three successive victorious Ryder Cup teams, McIlroy has won two World Golf Championship events and two FedEx Cup play-off tournaments, meaning the so-called Fifth Major is high on the agenda.McIlroy has finished eighth, sixth and eighth in the last three years at Sawgrass, but similar statistics so far in 2016 mean the 27-year-old is the only member of the worlds top five without a victory this season. Ahead of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, Rory McIlroy and some other familiar faces explain why it is such a special course. Results-wise it isnt what I hoped for, McIlroy said on Wednesday. My performances have been pretty good, Ive had a few chances to win tournaments. Of the nine events Ive played, I have six top-10s so it hasnt been too bad, but no wins.Its been frustrating and especially because I feel like Ive played some really good golf in this stretch, but at the same time theres just been too many mistakes.Again last week I led the field in birdies at Quail Hollow, I was up there at Augusta. Theres just been too many loose shots, too many soft bogeys, so if anything I just need to tidy that up because I know Im playing good enough. Rory McIlroy suffered a miserable downfall at the 2011 Masters Despite those frustrations, McIlroy remains confident in his ability to close out tournaments down the stretch, reiterating that he learnt the most from his collapse in the 2011 Masters.McIlroy, who was four shots clear heading into the final round at Augusta before slumping to a closing 80, added: I dont think I believed I was a good closer until 2012.My wins early on in my career I led by a lot; whether it was my first win in Dubai, I think I was six ahead with six to play and sort of fell over the line there. When I won at Quail Hollow in 2010 I was five behind at the start of the day and I ended up winning by four. US Open was similar in 2011. Danny Willett is pleased to be drawn with Justin Rose and Brandt Snedeker for the opening two rounds At the start of 2012, whenever I needed to hold on on the back nine at the Honda Classic.... Tiger (Woods) had shot 62, I was trying to get in the clubhouse and become world number one for the first time, thats when I really believed Ive finally been able to close a tournament out and be able to play the right shot at the right time and keep it together.It takes experience, it takes losing a few first before understanding what you need to do. Ive always said the biggest learning curve and day of my career was that Sunday at Augusta in 2011. At least I know now exactly what not to do and what doesnt work for me so when I go into these final rounds and situations where I have a chance to win, I know how to handle myself, what way to think.I think thats the big thing, the mentality of learning whats going to be a good score that day, whats going to be the number thats going to win and really try and forget about everything else and try to get to that number.Watch the Players Championship on Sky Sports. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 4 HD at 6pm on Thursday. Also See: Day inspired by Tiger texts Fowler demanding patience PGA Tour Schedule World Rankings Adidas Tennis Hu Uomo . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. NMD R2 Nere . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http:///...he-cq1693-saldi.html . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Joey Logano still has a youthful exuberance -- the kind of guy who would watch Boy Meets World to relax the night before a championship race. He is still as goofy as he was when he broke into NASCAR as its next big phenom the day he turned 18.His carefree demeanor off the track belies the fact that, eight seasons later, he has developed into a cutthroat driver with a win-at-all-costs approach.Logano is so different now from the wide-eyed kid who was unexpectedly promoted into Tony Stewarts ride with Joe Gibbs Racing for his first full season. Hes raced for and lost a championship, hes feuded with top drivers, hes worked hard to shake the label as a spoiled daddys boy who coasted to the top.It took a second chance at only 22 given by Roger Penske for Logano to flourish, in and out of the race car. He doesnt care who is mad at him, hes not here to make friends. Logano is here to win races, and he lets very little get in his way.I wouldnt say I wasnt mature for my age, but Ive got more experience now doing what Im doing and racing up front and racing the best, he told The Associated Press. As you get older, you go through stages, right? You get married, and then you are married for a while and are getting your life going, then you take the next steps after that.Not only from a racing side of things, but from a business side of the sport, Ive become way more involved in that and understanding what it takes. I think thats kind of changed my attitude at the race track. Im still Joey, though. I still like watching funny TV shows, I still want to get my mind off of things. But I am more aware of whats going on in my mind, what Im conscious about, what am I thinking about and how to become the best.Logano made it to the 2014 championship race and withstood a barrage of needling from Kevin Harvick to have a shot at the title. But a slow pit stop ended his championship chances. He would have made it back to the finale last year, but he was adamantly unapologetic about his role in an accident with Matt Kenseth that virtually ended Kenseths Chase.Viewed by Kenseth and many of his peers as arrogant over the incident, Kenseth intentionally wrecked Logano weeks later and that stopped Logano from advancing to the finale.The experience eventually became a lesson for Logano (who indeed did watch Boy Meets World the night before the 2014 championship).He knows now that he should have called Kenseth to triage any bad blood. In fact, Logano usees everything as a learning experience, part of the playbook that has shaped him into the husband and racer he is today. Adidas NMD R2 Italia. Penske marvels at the leader Logano has become.We moved on, and quite honestly, I think Joey and Matt have worked it out on the racetrack, and hopefully personally and professionally they know how to do their jobs, Penske said.Far from the most dominant driver in this Chase, Logano twice won elimination races in these playoffs to advance to the next round. Rescued last week by a late caution in a race that could have eliminated him,, he went on to win and earn the spot Sunday against defending series champion Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson. He is trying to become the first Ford driver to win the title since Kurt Busch in 2004, the first year of the Chase.Joey is phenomenal about elevating, Penske said. Theres very few professional athletes that can elevate to that level when the pressure comes on, and Joey has done it time and time again.Hes the example for his No. 22 team and sets the tone for crew chief Todd Gordon.Like Logano, Gordon has lost a championship and that 2014 experience has allowed for a far more relaxed approach to this weekend. But its Logano who has told the team this race is no different than the other 37 on the schedule.Its a normal race weekend, Logano said. We go to win every weekend, and Im not going to change what we do just because whats on the line.He credits heavily his experience in the 2014 finale for his current mindset, and flatly dismisses the idea that someone has to lose a championship race to win one.Im very different, in a good way, though, he says.His experience, the infectious work ethic and leadership of Penske and that confidence -- he believes hes the best driver on the track.Its no secret in NASCAR racing that experience means a lot. Being able to go through Homestead once, being able to race for a championship, I think is key, he said. Ive talked a lot about that race, and said, `I hope Im in that position again someday, because I know how to handle the race, I know how to prepare for the race, I know how to race in the race.Weve done one before. Any time youve been somewhere before, you feel more confident, you feel like you are ready for the situation ahead of you, you know whats coming at you and you are ready to deal with it. NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '