me, the Olympics is the pinnacle of all s | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Okt 12 '19
New Formula One chairman Chase Carey says Liberty Media has the best interests of the sport in mind, and have not taken over to simply take the money. Fake Basketball Jerseys .Earlier this month Liberty Media agreed to purchase a controlling stake in Formula One in a deal which will be completed next year. The American media company will become the majority stakeholder in place of private equity firm CVC Capital Partners, who purchased the controlling stake in 2006.In their time as majority shareholder CVC was criticised for the fact it seemed to take money from F1 without putting back in, something Carey, who has been installed chairman by Liberty, says the new owners will not do. The American has instead promised to take F1 to the next level.Of course, profits are important -- but realistically the primary goal of the business that I have been in has always been to build long-term value, Carey told the F1 website. So the goal is not what can be achieved in the next 12 months, but where you are going to be in three to five years.Liberty, to its credit, has a history as a long-term shareholder. They are supportive and they know their business, as they have been in the media and entertainment space. It sure is not take the money with a focus on how to get the profits up in the next 12 months -- its about how to build long-term value.So the focus will be investing and building over time. That is the mindset that we bring and hopefully it will enable us to bring Formula One to the next level.Carey, who has also outlined a desire to take F1 to the worlds great cities, says his first few weeks and months of being chairman are about understanding the wider context of everything going on in the sport.Realistically what I am doing in the next few months is probably more listening to what people have to say, and adjusting that. Yes, it is a sport with a wide range of constituents, so it is important to understand what each of those constituents objectives are, what their issues are.You cannot make everybody happy all the time, but youve got to understand what everybody wants and then find a path. Sure, that is not a task for a committee, as committees tend to become bureaucratic. But there also cant be a dictatorship, even if probably here they are used to it. Authentic Basketball Jerseys . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Fake Basketball Jerseys China . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. https://www.fakebasketballjerseys.com/ . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. South African golfer Jaco van Zyl is bucking the trend and skipping two majors this month, the British Open and the PGA Championship, so he can be fresh for the Olympics.Theres a long list of players who have gone the other way and opted out of golfs return to the Olympics after 112 years, either because of the Zika virus or for scheduling reasons.Thus far, top-ranked Jason Day and Rory McIlroy are among 12 eligible players choosing to miss the Rio de Janeiro Games. Three South Africans, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel and Branden Grace, decided not to go. If the Olympics were held today, Van Zyl, the highest-ranked South African, would be on his countrys team.Ranked No. 65 in the world, Van Zyl said he had been feeling the effects of a long season, and, adamant that he wanted to play at the Olympics, he chose to withdraw from next weeks British Open and the PGA from July 28-31. The Olympics are next month.II expect that there will be a camp that will criticize me for withdrawing from the majors, Van Zyl told South African website Sport24. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys. Rory said in a recent press conference that we play four Olympics a year because major titles are what we play for, but I dont agree. To me, the Olympics is the pinnacle of all sporting events.The majors will still be there next year, but I dont know if I will get another chance (at the Olympics) in 2020.Van Zyls decision will be a small but welcome boost for Rio organizers, who had envisioned a golf competition with the best players in the world battling it out for an Olympic gold medal. That wont be the case. Alongside Day and four-time major winner McIlroy, another five players in the worlds top 25 have said they are not going to Rio. ' ' '