estyle relay. MacLean, who swam the t | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Okt 12 '19
Star halfback Shaun Johnson says the Warriors determination to hang tough is the most-satisfying aspect of their come-from-behind 27-18 NRL win over Gold Coast. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Bucks Jersey .Johnson, nursing a thigh complaint, broke open what had been a tight contest on Saturday in Auckland with a brilliant solo try 14 minutes from fulltime.He said credit had to given to the Titans, who didnt trail until the final quarter.They scrambled hard, they were in our faces and they put us under pressure, he said.Our ability to stay in it and to weather that was probably the most pleasing thing.The Warriors were just two points in front when Johnson received the ball 60 metres out and went on a weaving run to the tryline.His effort made light of the quad strain he had taken into the past three matches.Ive just wanted to make it to the games and Ive been able to do that, Johnson said.Obviously, after this week is the bye so it should be fine by the time we play again.The win on Saturday was the Warriors fourth in their past five matches to keep them on the cusp of the top eight.It also helped to celebrate back-rower Simon Mannerings 250th first-grade appearance.Mannering stood in as captain, after regular skipper Ryan Hoffman was struck down by a virus.The Titans were missing co-captains William Zillman and Nathan Friend, who - along with rising halfback Ash Taylor - were among four late injury withdrawals.They also lost Karl Lawton early in the second half, the 20-year-old centre taken off on a stretcher in his NRL debut with a suspected broken ankle.That left them down to 15, as interchange forward Ryan Simpkins had gone off just before halftime with concussion.Stand-in skipper Ryan James played down the fact that the Titans ended up undermanned, saying it was lack of discipline that cost them.You cant really blame it on people going down, he said.Weve got the fitness behind us with what weve done in the pre-season.This came down to ill-discipline and not being able hold the ball. We shot ourselves in the foot.The Titans made a spectacular start as former Kiwi Josh Hoffman returned a grubber 95 metres for a try.Warriors centre Blake Ayshford replied with his own 80-metre effort from an intercept.Titans winger Nene Macdonald and Warriors counterpart Tuimoala Lolohea then both scored to have the teams tied 10-10 at halftime.The Warriors finally went ahead with the second of two Issac Luke penalties before Johnson made his decisive intervention.After Bodene Thompson added the Warriors fourth try, Taylors replacement Cameron Cullen grabbed a late consolation for the visitors. Robin Lopez Jersey . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Pau Gasol Bucks Jersey . PAUL, Minn. https://www.bucksrookiesshop.com/George-Hill-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Georgias Allison Schmitt and Melanie Margalis earned gold medals and Brittany MacLean picked up a bronze as members of 4x200-meter freestyle relays on Wednesday at the Olympics.Schmitt joined basketball standout Teresa Edwards as the top Georgia performers all-time with four Olympic gold medals each. Schmitt extended her own school mark as she picked up her eighth Olympic medal (four gold, two silver and two bronze medals) in her third Games.Serving as one of the teams captains, Schmitt led off the United States relay - which also featured Leah Smith, Mya DiRado and Katie Ledecky - to open Wednesdays finals. The relay stopped the clock in 7:43.03 to outdistance Australia (7:44.87). Schmitt anchored the gold medal-winning relay at the 2012 Games in London.I had no doubt, Schmitt said. I had complete faith in these three girls. I was just going out to try my best. ... We like to have fun. A happy swimmer is a fast swimmer.Its fantastic to have Schmitty on the team this year and see her swimming so well, Ledecky said. I dont know, I think we were all swimming for Schmitty.I knew Schmitty was going to throw down an awesome leg, Smith said. I wwatched her in prelims and she fired all of us up. Vin Baker Jersey. In Wednesdays preliminaries, Schmitt led off and Margalis swam the third leg as the United States posted a time of 7:45.37. Margalis earned the gold medal, her first, by virtue of competing in the prelims.Schmitt and Margalis ended their Georgia careers in 2013 and 2014, respectively.MacLean came in third on Canadas 4x200-meter freestyle relay in 7:45.39 to earn the bronze, her first Olympic medal. It was also Team Canadas first-ever medal in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay. MacLean, who swam the third leg on Thursday, is appearing in her second Olympics for Canada. She capped her Georgia career in 2016 by leading the Lady Bulldogs to their third NCAA title in four seasons.In the 200-meter butterfly finals, Hali Flickinger of the United States came in seventh in 2:07.71. Like MacLean, Flickinger finished her Georgia career in 2016.Competing for Canada, rising senior Chantal Van Landeghem came in 10th in the 100-meter freestyle. Van Landeghem reached the wall in 54.00. ' ' '