left of the crease but an early whistle killed the play | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jun 15 '18
TORONTO -- After a busy off-season, the Toronto Blue Jays were expected to be contenders. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Instead theyre well under .500, out of the American League East and AL wild-card races and grasping for positives amid a season that hasnt gone according to plan. "When youre not winning games, its not good," general manager Alex Anthopoulos said during a recent homestand. "Youre scratching your brain trying to come up with ways to get better." One way to get better, for next year and beyond, involves selling before Wednesday afternoons trade deadline. Anthopoulos recognizes the Blue Jays place at the bottom of the standings, but with the hope of contending in 2014 there might not be many assets available to deal. "Everyones in trade mode," Anthopoulos said. "I think anything we do, if we can do something that helps currently, great, but even for the following year as well, well look to do it. Were having dialogue, but Id say every player were having dialogue about are players that can help us beyond the current year." In other words, dont expect a fire sale of every Blue Jays player who has underacheived this season. Only three are impending free agents: starter Josh Johnson, whose value is at an all-time low, reliever Darren Oliver, whos 42 years old, and outfielder Rajai Davis, whos a part-timer relied on mostly for his speed. The bullpen has been one of a few bright spots for the Blue Jays this season, featuring all-stars in Brett Cecil and Steve Delabar. Until last week Toronto hadnt lost a game it led after seven innings. Naturally, the Blue Jays have been getting calls about relievers, but Anthopoulos didnt commit to trading from a position of strength. "We do have depth, and that is an area that we can afford to trade a reliever and still be fine," he said Wednesday. "Were not close to doing anything. As I sit here today I dont think were trading a reliever. The only free agent in that group is Darren Oliver. So any reliever deal, it can happen now or we can take it into the off-season and make a deal there. I wouldnt rule it out because of that depth." Left-handed relief is often hard to find, so Oliver might be a commodity for a playoff contender that wants a rental. At 1,900 innings for his career, Oliver has some wear on him, but he was 3-2 with a 3.82 ERA going into the Blue Jays series in Oakland. Aaron Loup, a 25-year-old left-hander, leads the team with a 1.90 ERA, and veteran lefty Juan Perez was nearly perfect before giving up six runs in his past two appearances. The Blue Jays have a team option on closer Casey Janssen for next season and have Cecil and Delabar under team control for the foreseeable future. But Anthopoulos learned last year when he was trying to acquire bullpen help that its hard to make a trade for just a reliever. "By themselves, a team needs a reliever but the flip side (is), Well, I only want to pay so much to get a guy (to) pitch 40 innings, especially for the last two months," he said. "And its so difficult to equate just on a one-on-one deal, and thats why its easier to make them part of a larger deal." The market for reliever trades has already been set. On Monday the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim traded 37-year-old former Blue Jays lefty Scott Downs to the Atlanta Braves for minor-league right-hander Cory Rasmus, and the Houston Astros traded closer Jose Veras to the Detroit Tigers for 19-year-old outfield prospect Danry Vasquez and a player to be named later. The 32-year-old Davis appears to be Torontos most tradeable position player, as he showed Sunday when he tied a franchise record with four stolen bases in a single game. Hes tied for third in the majors in steals (31 going into Monday nights game), despite having far fewer at-bats than anyone else in the top 10. "His first step is as good as anybody Ive ever seen," manager John Gibbons said. "I mean hes really a force when he does get on for you." Davis, who has been traded twice in his career, isnt worried about the speculation. "I think that I could help anybody win. Obviously Im capable of stealing bases," Davis said. "I guess I try not to focus on the things that I cant go control, just try to go out there and focus on the things I can control." Anthopoulos is the one in control from the Blue Jays end. Speaking a week before the trade deadline, he said the Blue Jays "dont have anything big going" and tempered expectations of making a move by citing a lack of traction to that point. "Theres some things that are definitely alive," Anthopoulos said. "Theyre a coin flip right now if theyre going to happen. But I think theyre conversations that if they dont get done now, they would carry into the off-season." Anthopoulos prefers to make deals before July 31, which he calls "chaotic" and "rushed." "Its like last-minute shopping," he said. "The doors of the store are starting to close and everybodys scrambling. And for us, were going after very specific players and very specific things." The Blue Jays figure to need starting pitching help, though if Ricky Romero returns to form at some point and Kyle Drabek manages to rebound from his second career Tommy John surgery, Anthopoulos might not need focus on that area when talking about deals. But even with shortstop Jose Reyes strong play in the past month since returning, the infield is a place of emphasis. Thats why Brett Lawrie has played second base in addition to third, a move that gives Toronto some flexibility in the trade market. "Were certainly looking to do some things in the infield at the trade deadline," Anthopoulos said. "Im not saying that we will, but were actively having dialogue with some teams to see if we can do something there." As recently as Friday, Gibbons said he likes his team and has confidence in his players. He doesnt see some better performances of late as evidence that players want to be traded to a contender. "I dont think theyre playing better so they can get out of here," Gibbons said. "I think some of them havent had their normal years, and if they kick it in the rest of the way, I think its just who they are. ... We got some pretty good guys. Most of the guys out there are proven players in this league at this level. Most guys dont ever want to leave, anyway, to get traded. Youve got to uproot and thats never easy, either." Whether its this week or in the off-season, the composition of the Jays roster will change. Anthopoulos said he hasnt thought of September call-ups yet and isnt sure if the Blue Jays 2014 core will look much different than this group. "You evaluate each player. (Some) you think theyre going to bounce back, some you may not be as convinced," he said. "Thats where you may see some change. But any time you dont win games and you dont perform, clearly youre going to see some type of changes going forward." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http://www.cheapbayernmunichjerseys.com/ . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Washington Capitals are off to a fast start.Alex Ovechkin scored the game-winning goal midway through the third period Thursday night to lift the Capitals over the Florida Panthers 4-2.Ovechkin put the Capitals ahead 3-2 with 12:27 left in the third. His one-timer from the point got past Roberto Luongo, who was screened on the play.The Capitals have earned at least a point in each of their four games.At the start of the season, its almost always important to take points, Ovechkin said. We didnt lose the game and its a good sign. We just have to continue to collect the points and move forward.Marcus Johansson, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Justin Williams scored for the Capitals. Matt Niskanen recorded two assists and Braden Holtby made 26 saves.In the third, (we) responded really well and I thought in the third period they (Panthers) really didnt have much, Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. They had one or two chances, but not much. We had the majority of them.Jaromir Jagr became the third player to score 750 goals. He is in third place all-time in the NHL, behind only Wayne Gretzky (894) and Gordie Howe (801). Michael Matheson also scored for the Panthers. Jagrs goal was his first in 10 games, including one last season, six playoff games last season, and three this season.Its always good to get the first one. A good play, a good pass, I was wide open in the slot, Jagr said. I had a lot of chances in the games before but I couldnt put the puck in. Im glad I did tonight.Luongo made 25 stops for the Panthers, who lost their second straight.The Capitals surged in the third period with two goals on 13 shots. Johannson stretched the lead to 4-2 with an unassisted goal with 1:20 left.In the third we sat back a little bit or they pushed back a little bit. Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said. They took the chances to us. That third goal was sort of lucky, a bouncing puck from the blue line and changed direction. Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic. Tough to lose like that.Jagrs power-play goal tied the game at 2 with 5:50 left in the second. Jagr took a pass in the slot from Aleksander Barkov from behind the goal line and beat Holtby. The power-play goal was the first in 11 opportunities for the Panthers this season.The Panthers had an apparent power-play goal at 7:47 of the second waved off. Colton Sceviour swept in a loose puck sitting to the left of the crease but an early whistle killed the play.He (referee) said he wasnt in position and thought the puck was covered. He made a mistake, Gallant said.Trailing 2-0, the Panthers closed to 2-1 on Mathesons shot from the sideboards that snuck past Holtby on the stick side with 6:13 left in the first. The goal was Mathesons second in two games.The Capitals scored two goals less than two minutes apart in the first period. Williams took a pass from Nate Schmidt in front and poked in the puck on his second try to make it 1-0 at 8:25. The goal was Williams 250th in the NHL.Washington stretched its lead to 2-0 when Kuznetsov deflected a shot from the point under Luongos glove at 10:21.Game notes Barkov has two goals and three assists in four games. ... Keith Yandle, signed as a free agent in June, recorded his first point as a Panther with an assist on Mathesons goal. ... Washingtons Daniel Winnik was hit in the face with a puck after falling on the ice midway through the third period. Our trainers looked at him; he was just fine, Trotz said. Hes missing a piece of his ear. He got chewed up a little bit. Its just a small piece.UP NEXTCapitals: Host the New York Rangers on SaturdayPanthers: Host Colorado on Saturday NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Gear China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White ' ' '
Mitglied
Meeniwo9471 Jun 20 '18

new jordans 2018 nike outlet the north face outlet online fake rolex watches curry basketball shoes cortez pandora canada red bottoms louboutin adidas yeezy boost jordan 11 red red bottom underarmour adidas outlet michael jordan shoes kyrie 4 confetti puma shoes ugg boots for women uptempo win like 82 yeezy boost 350 v2 pandora jewelry pandora jewelry michael kors outlet online canada goose jackets birkin bag salvatore ferragamo fitflopbirkin bags pandora charm goyard timberland outlet ray ban sunglasses jordan 11 win like 96 fake yeezy boostcheap air max 95 yeezy boost 350 v2 kyrie 3 tommy hilfiger outlet salvatore ferragamo shoes wholesale nfl jerseyswholesale jerseys china under armour outlet online jimmy choo shoes louboutin outlet celine handbags nike outlet store tory burch handbags under armour clearance red jordan 11 clarks shoes for women north face salebirkenstock outlet nike air max 270 golden goose sneakers huaraches nike michael kors canada rihanna puma off white vapormax nike clearance yeezy shoes nike cortez lacoste polo shirts ray-ban sunglasses pandora bracelets clearance birkenstock sandals red bottom shoes for women win like 96 pandora rings birkenstock outlet new jordans coming out nike air max plus pandora air max 97 adidas outlet store calvin klein online nike shoes lebron 15 shoes nike air vapormax timberland boots balenciaga triple s pandora bracelet jordan retro 12 yeezy zebrareplica watches vans balenciaga sneakers pandora bracelet pandora jewelry birkenstocks kyrie 4 fitflop sandalsyeezy boost 350 v2 calvin klein underwear north face outlet online red bottom heels lebron 15 air max 97 silver bullet nike vapor max fitflops sale clearance supremenewyork uggs slippers oakley sunglasses asics shoes kd 10timberland shoes adidas yeezy oakley eyeglasses kd shoes vapor max north face clearance pandora bracelet charms adidas outlet online nike uptempo air max plus uggs clearance pandora sale ultra boost skechers outletjordan 11 win like 82 asics gel lyte cheap soccer cleats christian louboutin shoes kate spade handbags michael kors outlet clearance north face jackets for women timberland pro fenty puma north face coats nike outlet store coach handbags outlet nike kyrie adidas ultra boost coach outlet kyrie 3 converse shoes ugg boots fenty puma rayban sunglasses valentino shoes reebok outlet pandora bracelet birkenstock sandals skechers shoes birkenstock adidas shoes for women vapormax flyknit longchamp red bottoms mbt shoes clearance adidas yeezy under armour outlet online nike outlet online cheap nike reebok shoes cheap nfl jerseys tommy hilfiger outlet online coach factory outletasics running shoes nike clearance nmd r1 north face jackets clearance calvin klein outlet kyrie 3 basketball shoesair max 97 ultra christian louboutin mens shoes nike vapor max converse outlet nike kd red bottom shoes2018.0620W