Ibraheim Campbell Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Probleme mit dem Chat
Mitglied
linchao Okt 24 '19

How will Dak Prescott do in Kellen Moore’s offense?" Dallas Cowboys GeneralProjecting Dak Prescott’s stats for 2019New Tyron Smith Jersey ,168commentsHow will Dak Prescott do in Kellen Moore’s offense?CDTThrough three years, it’s hard to argue that Dak Prescott hasn’t put up some good statistics. A 66% career completion percentage, between 3,300 and 3,900 passing yards each year, and never less than 22 passing touchdowns with minimal interceptions are all pretty good marks. But the perception seems to be that Prescott, a former Heisman semi-finalist, is capable of more. That’s why Kellen Moore was promoted to be the new offensive coordinator and Jon Kitna was hired as the quarterbacks coach. Moore is supposed to rejuvenate the offense with diverse pre-snap looks while Kitna is supposed to refine Prescott’s mechanics so that he can take the next step in his career. If everything goes according to plan, Prescott should be ready to put up some vastly improved numbers in 2019. But what could his actual stat line look like? Bobby Belt has an idea, and it includes Prescott getting into the MVP conversation:Belt also explains that he didn’t project rushing statistics because he isn’t sure how Moore might use Prescott in the running game just yet. Still, these numbers would be a huge improvement for the fourth-year signal caller. It got me thinking about potential comparisons for a projection given what little we know about Moore’s offense so far. It seems more or less apparent by now that Moore is relying on the offensive style of his alma mater, Boise State, to breathe new life into an offense that has been derided as stale the last two years. So I looked back at Moore’s stats when he was a record-setting quarterback on the blue turf. Oddly enough Jason Witten Color Rush Jersey , his completion rates and passing yards were fairly similar to Prescott’s thus far, although it’s hard to directly compare stats from a 13 game season to a 16 game season with vastly different competition levels.What I was looking for the most here, though, is Moore’s yards per attempt. One of the bigger criticisms of the previous offensive coordinator in Dallas was how rarely the deep shot was taken. The early word from OTA’s and minicamp practices are that Moore is dialing up more deep throws, and that Prescott is hitting them often with his newly refined mechanics. The continued development of Michael Gallup should particularly increase the number of passes thrown farther down field. Of course, more deep shots means a higher amount of yards per attempt. Prescott posted an even eight yards per attempt in his rookie year, but that figure decreased steadily in 2017, dropping to 6.8. It increased to 7.4 last year, with a lot likely due to the Gallup connection seen above. In four years as a starter in college, Moore had a career 8.8 yards per attempt. For good measure, Boise State’s most recent quarterback, Brett Rypien (now a Denver Bronco), logged a career 8.7 yards per attempt over his four years as a starter. That seems like a fairly good sample size to work with in understanding how quarterbacks perform in this offense. Of course https://www.dallascowboysfanshop.com/Demarcus-Lawrence-Jersey , it’s harder at the NFL level. In order to account for that, I’ll project Prescott to have 8.2 yards per attempt, which would still be a career high for him. The next big thing to identify is how many attempts Prescott will have. This is where Moore’s college stats stop helping, as both the game and season are shorter, among other factors. Prescott threw 500+ passes for the first time in 2018 with 526. just assuming that Moore implements more option-oriented stuff into the gameplan, as well as a general focus on using Prescott’s legs more. As such, he should be able to break triple-digit rushing attempts for the first time in his career with 112 carries. Considering that Prescott averages five yards per carry, let’s say he gains just under that with 552 rushing yards. Having scored six rushing touchdowns in each season thus far, the increase in carries can lead to a small increase in scores as well, with eight rushing touchdowns. This means that Dak would have a final stat line of: 368/56465.3%4.572 passing yards28 TD10 INT99.4 passer rating112 carries552 rushing yards8 TDThose are numbers that probably any Cowboys fan would gladly take, and if Prescott has already signed a new contract extension by then, it’ll likely make fans feel better about whatever deal it ends up being. Of course, this all rides on the idea that Moore and Kitna are going to work out like the Cowboys brass hopes they do. If not Ibraheim Campbell Jersey , then Dallas could have bigger problems that Dak not putting up a career year. If it does happen, though, Prescott could put himself firmly in the conversation for the MVP award. While the Cowboys held their first padded practice of training camp, Ezekiel Elliott was in Cabo on Tuesday. So the Cowboys signed Alfred Morris for veteran depth.“We were going to look at something no matter what, but probably not as much [if Elliott was in camp],” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said, via David Moore of the .Morris, 30, backed up Elliott for two seasons, and rushed for 790 yards and three touchdowns in 28 games for the Cowboys. He spent last season in San Francisco.Morris had three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons to begin his career in Washington.“I’m always ready. Any of these backs would say that,” Morris said, via Rob Phillips of the team website. “That’s what we do. We love what we do. We’re good at what we do. Any of us could be featured.“I’m definitely confident in myself that I can be a featured back. I still have it.”Morris confirmed the Cowboys have given him no assurances. He could find himself back on the free agent market when Elliott returns as the Cowboys drafted Tony Pollard and Mike Weber as Elliott’s backups.“That doesn’t matter Allen Hurns Color Rush Jersey ,” Morris said. “I’m Alfred. I’m going to come and do what I have to do. I’m always going to show up and give it my best. Whatever they do on the back end, that’s up to them. It’s not my business.”While Morris has 1,373 career rushing attempts, the team’s other five running backs in camp have a combined six. Those belong to Darius Jackson.“Obviously, Zeke is not here,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “[Morris] is a really good veteran player who we know and we really like. We wanted to keep him last year, and he felt there was a better opportunity in San Francisco, so when we had the chance to bring him back we thought it was a good thing for our team. Obviously, in Zeke’s absence, there are plenty of reps for a guy like that to get, so we’ll ease him into practice here the next few days.”