and play the way I did today, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jun 21 '18
MOSCOW -- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Usain Bolt still have three gold medals on their mind at the world championships. Off White Blazer Mid . Fraser-Pryce blasted out of the blocks, heard Olympic champion Allyson Felix scream and fall to the track behind her with a torn right hamstring, and held off Murielle Ahoure of Ivory Coast and Blessing Okagbare of Nigeria to take her second gold by winning the 200 metres. Now, the 100 and 200 champion has the 4x100 relay to go to get her first triple at a major event. Bolt already has three of those and easily qualified for Saturdays 200 final. The big clash between Fraser-Pryce and Felix never materialized. The American was slow out of the blocks and never made up ground before she started limping at high speed and falling to the track. "I was definitely looking for the fact that she was behind me. I was a little nervous at the same time, because I know that she is a closer of course and she is very strong," Fraser-Pryce said. "I heard when she screamed out but I was really focused," the Jamaican added. "I decided I was running that corner and I didnt care who you were, if you were Usain Bolt behind me, I couldnt care less. I was running like my life depended on it." As Fraser-Pryce celebrated another major win for Jamaica, Felix had her face contorted in pain. Minutes later, when the Jamaican started dancing to Bob Marleys "One Love," Felix was carried off the Luzhniki Stadium track in the arms of her brother Wes. While Bolt and Fraser-Pryce can still win more, Mo Farah of Britain finished another championship with a long-distance double. The 5,000-10,000 gold medallist from the London Olympics again proved there is no match for his finish after a long race, kicking for home to win the 5,000 after a first gold on the opening day of the world championships. Over an exhilarating last lap, Farah held off Hagos Gebrhiwet of Ethiopia and Isiah Koech to make him the defining long distance runner of his age. "Theres not many athletes who have done that," Farah said. "Only the great Kenenisa Bekele, who has achieved so many things, and to be able to achieve what he has achieved is just an honour." Bolts qualifying run in his favourite event was more complicated than it seemed at first. After he won the 100 on Sunday, he dropped a starting block on his foot during practice and said it was still tender. "I just dropped it on my foot. It wasnt on purpose. It was just a mistake," Bolt said. "I was in training, and I was moving it and dropped it on my foot." With only two assured qualification spots from his heat, the 100 champion switched into a higher gear at the end of his race when, unexpectedly, Anaso Jobodwana appeared on his left shoulder. Bolt momentarily gritted his teeth but soon turned them into a grin as he held off the South African and took first place in his semifinal heat in 20.12 seconds. He never showed any unease about his right foot. "At the last minute when I started slowing down, I heard South Africa on my inside," Bolt said. "I didnt want to lose the race so I picked up the speed again." Curtis Mitchell was the top qualifier in 19.97 with a personal best time, but saw all his American teammates eliminated from the final. Isiah Young missed it by .03 seconds. Bolt was joined in the final by Jamaican teammates Nickel Ashmeade and Warren Weir. If Bolt wins, he goes into the 4x100 relay seeking to win three golds at the worlds for the second time, matching his feat at the last two Olympics. And after three silver medals on Thursday, the United States was ready to get in that golden mood again. But even if LaShawn Merritt added the 4x400 gold to the individual title by anchoring the relay team, the U.S. fell short in the mens shot put and long jump. Favourite Ryan Whiting, the seasons top performer, took silver with a toss of 21.57 metres, losing to David Storl of Germany, who retained his title with a throw of 21.73. And despite a big tradition in the long jump, the U.S. failed to medal. Aleksandr Menkov of Russia won, beating Ignisious Gaisah of the Netherlands with a world leading effort. Russia got off to a great start when Olympic hammer throw champion Tatyana Lysenko set a world championship record to retain her title, edging 2009 gold medallist Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland. In a seesaw competition, Lysenko finally got the upper hand with a throw of 78.80 metres on her fourth attempt, edging Wlodarczyk by a mere 34 centimetres. In the gold medal standings, both the United States and Russia had five gold going into the closing weekend but the Americans had 16 overall, compared to 11 for the host nation. Off the track, pole vault great Yelena Isinbayeva backed off from her comments criticizing homosexuality. The Russian said she "may have been misunderstood" when she condemned homosexuality and criticized Swedish high jumper Emma Green Tregaro for painting her fingernails in the rainbow colours to express support for gays and lesbians. "English is not my first language," Isinbayeva said. "Let me state in the strongest terms that I am opposed to any discrimination against gay people." Air Max 270 Ocean Bliss . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Air Max 270 Midnight Navy .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.nike270-airmax.com/air-max-270-black.html . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that.PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Rory McIlroys chip for birdie on No. 18 dropped into the hole, and he dropped to a crouch with a fierce fist pump. Confident, intense, he looked like the defending champion at a major, the guy who won the PGA Championship by a record eight strokes last year. Ever since McIlroy found himself in danger of missing the cut midway through his round Friday, that player may have finally returned. McIlroy shot a 3-under 67 in tougher conditions Saturday to lift himself to the edge of contention. He was tied for seventh, six strokes behind leader Jim Furyk, heading into the final round. "It was good to feel the sort of rush again," he said. If he can feel it again Sunday, perhaps this will be the week that snaps him out of a seasons worth of doldrums. Through 11 holes of his second round, McIlroy was 4 over for the tournament. The cut wound up at 3 over. Since then, he has played 25 holes in 7 under. McIlroy was at 1 under for the tournament when he stepped up to the 17th tee Saturday. The final two holes have been the toughest to birdie at Oak Hill this week, but he did it at both, sinking a long putt on No. 17. "I probably made up at least 3, 3 1/2 shots on those last two holes," McIlroy said. "Making a birdie on 17 is like an eagle," he added, "and thhen to follow it up with another on the last is even better. Nike Off White Presto For Sale. " Coming into the day, he did what he always does when he finds himself in a similar situation: He reminisced about Quail Hollow in 2010. McIlroy was two shots over the cut line with three holes to play in the second round when he made an eagle to stick around for the weekend. Then he shot 66-62 over the last two days for his first PGA Tour victory. "It gives me a bit of confidence knowing that Ive been in that position before and Ive been able to win," McIlroy said. "I know this is a major championship and its a bit different, but I felt good enough about my game that I could go out there and post a good one today and at least give myself a chance going into tomorrow." He has yet to win in 2013 and shot just one round below 70 in his first three majors of the year. Two days after he appeared headed toward missing the cut at the second straight major, he has an outside chance at winning his third. "To play like that on this golf course and do what I needed to do yesterday just to make the cut, and then to go out and play the way I did today, its been a good stretch of holes," McIlroy said. "Ive got another 18 to play, and hopefully I can just keep playing the way I am."Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts From China ' ' '