Carl Lawson Jersey White | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 2 '19

CINCINNATI (AP)Marvin Lewis has been with his team longer than any other NFL head coach besides Bill Belichick at New England. For the first time in years Cordy Glenn Jersey White , his tenure is at risk. Lewis is finishing his contract as he enters his 15th season with the Bengals. Cincinnati has been through two painful seasons, following a home playoff meltdown against Pittsburgh in 2015 and a 6-9-1 finish last season. Lewis failed to get a contract extension in the offseason. He readily acknowledges he would have been replaced already by any owner other than Mike Brown, who values loyalty. Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs, an NFL record for futility. His team had five straight first-round playoff losses, another record. ”In coaching, I’ve been fortunate in my 37 years,” said Lewis, who also has been an assistant in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington. ”I’ve had very few jobs, where unfortunately a lot of coaches had to move.” If he wants to stay beyond 2017, Lewis will have to do one of his best coaching jobs. The Bengals got a lot younger in the offseason, and they’re dealing with suspensions for cornerback Adam ”Pacman” Jones and linebacker Vontaze Burfict at the outset. After making the playoffs five straight seasons from 2011-15, they fell back last season. Receiver A.J. Green, running back Giovani Bernard and tight end Tyler Eifert missed significant playing time but are fully recovered. This is a pivotal season in Cincinnati, where the Bengals will find out if last season was an anomaly or the start of a downward trend. ”I wouldn’t say the window has closed,” quarterback Andy Dalton said. Some things to watch this season: BURFICT, BURFICT, BURFICT: The Bengals have steadfastly defended their volatile linebacker, whose history of egregious hits – most notably the one on Antonio Brown’s head that led to the playoff meltdown against Pittsburgh – has become a focus for the league. He’s suspended for the first three games after leveling a Chiefs running back during a preseason game. Burfict is their most irreplaceable defensive player http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-tyler-eifert-jersey , and also their most mercurial. He’s drawn fewer fines and penalties than earlier in his career, but his unpredictability remains a concern. He set off a scrum during a practice in training camp when he tackled Bernard during a non-contact drill. ZAMPESE’S SECOND CHANCE: While Lewis gets attention for his contract situation, offensive coordinator Ken Zampese is in the spotlight as well. He was elevated to the position last season when Hue Jackson became the Browns’ head coach, and the offense struggled in its new incarnation. Jackson was known for his flair and creativity; Zampese took a more straightforward approach. The running game never got into a rhythm, and Zampese wasn’t able to come up with viable options after players got hurt. ”The results didn’t unfold as I anticipated, but the process of how the weeks work and the duties and all those things happened exactly how I thought it would,” Zampese said. THOSE YOUNG TACKLES: Cedric Obguehi has one career start at left tackle, where he’ll fill in for Andrew Whitworth. Jake Fisher has three career starts at right tackle. Whether they can hold their own is the main question on offense. Ogbuehi got the job at right tackle last season, but played so poorly that he wound up benched and later moved to the left side, his more accustomed spot. Dalton was sacked 41 times last season, twice as often as in either of the two previous seasons. YOUNG DEFENSIVE LINE, TOO: The Bengals have let go of tackle Domata Peko and ends Wallace Gilberry and Margus Hunt, giving their young linemen openings to move into bigger roles. In the past two years, they’ve drafted tackles Andrew Billings and Ryan Glasgow and end Jordan Willis. ”There’s going to be a step up and an uptick here on Sunday, but I think they’re ready for it,” Lewis said. EXTRA MOTIVATION: Many Bengals went through their first losing season in Cincinnati, learning what it’s like to be playing out a season in December. It wasn’t fun. ”The weeks go a lot faster when you’re winning, the city is better when you’re winning, and there’s not a lot of nitpicking Womens C.J. Uzomah Jersey ,” Jones said. ”Since I’ve been here, I’ve had only two losing seasons. I’m not used to that. Every now and then, you’re going to have a year like that.” — But the Bengals have a new head coach, and new coaches go "get their guy", right?"In 2018, there were seven new NFL head coaches. So, that means there should have been seven teams who had a new coach looking to “get their guy”. But how many of them did that?One. That’s right, only one of those seven teams drafted a quarterback in the first round last year. It was the Arizona Cardinals, who drafted Josh Rosen. Of the seven teams, only two others even bothered to draft a quarterback at all – the Giants selected one in the fourth round, and the Titans grabbed one in the sixth round.Interesting, but maybe 2018 was an outlier. Let’s go back another year. What about 2017? That year, there were six new head coaches in the NFL. Of those six teams, a total of ZERO drafted a first-round quarterback. Only two of them selected a quarterback at all, with the Bills drafting one in the fifth round and the Broncos drafting one in the seventh round (with John Elway continuing the Broncos perpetual search for the next, well, the next John Elway).So that means over the past two seasons, with a total of 13 head coaching changes, only one of those new regimes went and “got their guy”. Quarterback-loving Jon Gruden didn’t go “get his guy”. Neither did the Giants with an aging Eli Manning Carl Lawson Jersey White , nor the Jaguars with Blake Bortles. And so on.Ok, ok, but let’s go back one more year. Let’s look at 2016. Surely we’ll find why the media keeps telling us that new head coaches always go “get their guy” in the draft, right? In 2016, there were seven head coaching changes. Of those seven teams, only one of them selected a first round quarterback, with the Eagles drafting Carson Wentz. Only half of the remaining teams even drafted a quarterback at all. The Browns selected one in the third round, the 49ers drafted current Bengals quarterback Jeff Driskel in the sixth round, and the Dolphins took one in the seventh round.Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesSumming it all up, of the 20 head coaching changes that have taken place in the last three seasons, only TWO of those teams drafted a quarterback in the first round. Only 10% of the teams used their top pick to go “get their guy”. And less than half of them even bothered to draft a quarterback at all – and of the ones that did, they usually selected one at the tail end of the draft.So, what does it all mean?It means we can probably stop the hysteria that the Bengals are going to draft Dwayne Haskins, or any of the other quarterbacks in the first round, because they have a new head coach, and that’s what new head coaches do. Will we stop with the nonsense? Unlikely. But at least now we know it is nonsense.