Cornerback Bryce Callahan has joined the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Nov 4 '19

Broncos Drew Lock Denver Broncos Jersey , and the reason for it is simple: Vic Fangio has become the head coach of the Broncos.“There were a couple of teams involved in the second wave of free agency,” Callahan told reporters after signing with Denver. “The Broncos were always my top pick because of Fangio and [defensive coordinator] Ed [Donatell]. I felt comfortable in this system. I’ve been playing with them for a couple of years. I feel like I won’t have to be learning a whole new system. I can just get in and go. That’s kind of why I chose here. Denver is a nice place. I had some friends play for the Broncos and they had nothing but good things to say. It wasn’t really a hard decision.”So what is it about Fangio?“Coach Vic just knows how to call the right plays,” Callahan said. “I don’t know what it is, he has us in the right position. He really makes it easy for the defense. . . . You want to make plays for [him]. He calls the right plays at the right time. You just want to go out there and lay it on the line for him.”That doesn’t mean Fangio has given up a sensible, old-school approach to football.“Tackling is really important,” Callahan said. “Coach Vic harps on it. We watch a lot of tackling film during the season. If your secondary can’t tackle, then you’re not going to have a good run defense because there is nobody behind us. It’s very important for the secondary to tackle and Coach Vic makes that be known.”Coach Vic now has a former pupil who can help the Broncos’ defense play more like the Bears’ defense did last year, which would be good for Coach Vic Drew Lock Jersey 2019 , Bryce Callahan, and everyone else in Denver.Case Keenum focused on taking care of the football on Sunday Trevor Siemian was never asked to do anything too risky in 2016 and the Denver Broncos offense finished with the most three and outs, but Siemian had 3400 yards with an 18-10 touchdown to interception ratio. That conservative mentality changed in 2017 and more pressure was put on Siemian, Brock Osweiler, and Paxton Lynch who all then became a turnover machines. The Broncos didn’t lead the league in three and outs, but the turnovers were leading to blowout losses.That is the delicate balancing act new Broncos starter Case Keenum must follow heading into this season. You can’t win games if you don’t score points and you can’t score points in the NFL if you don’t take some risks. Keenum seems to understand that. He noted the importance of taking care of the football, but also the need for points in this league.“It’s different every week depending on the gameplan and depending on what the points of emphasis are from V.J. (Vance Joseph) and Billy (Bill Musgrave) and those guys,” Keenum said of game planning. “Obviously Drew Lock Jersey Black , taking care of the football and staying on the field. Getting first downs and getting touchdowns. You’ve got to score points in this league to win and you’ve got to take care of the football, especially against a team like Seattle.”The best way a quarterback can be successful is to have a strong rushing attack behind him. That is one area the Broncos seemed to have gotten a heck of a lot better at in just a single draft with the addition of third-round pick Royce Freeman and undrafted rookie Phillip Lindsay.Freeman has already been named the starter and there is near universal praise for what Lindsay is going to be able to do to opposing defenses in space.“We’ve got coaches coming up with a great gameplan as far as running and passing,” Keenum said. “They’ve always, historically, been a really good defense against the run—very stingy. They like to play a lot of guys down low and stop the run. They do a good job getting in their spots that they drop to or if they play man. Zone or man, they are good at covering the pass. It’s going to be tough. We have to establish the run and be able to throw the ball too.”How the Broncos rushing attack performs in Week 1 will go a long way in determining how successful this offense will be this season. Keenum sees it that way too, because picking up a first down on a third and two is a lot different than trying to do it from a third and eight.