Alfred Blue Jersey White | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 5 '19

HOUSTON (AP) — As coach Bill O’Brien prepared for his third season with Deshaun Watson he was asked what he likes best about his star quarterback.O’Brien paused for a few seconds. And even after pondering the query for a bit he still couldn’t land on just one quality he values most in Watson.“There’s a lot of good things Kendall Lamm Jersey White ,” O’Brien said. “He’s got really good poise. He’s a smart guy. He’s a very accurate passer. He throws a great deep ball. He knows our offense really well, works hard at it. He’s just an awesome guy to coach.”O’Brien and the Texans are counting on Watson to take another step forward this year after he threw for 4,165 yards and 26 touchdowns last season to help the team win the AFC South title before losing to the Colts in the wild-card round. Watson started each game in 2018 after playing just seven games as a rookie before sustaining a season-ending knee injury.Now that Watson, the 12th overall pick in the 2017 draft, is comfortable in O’Brien’s offense, he’s looking to fine-tune things he believes will help the team run smoother.“The biggest thing now is being as detailed as I can,” he said. “Knowing that each play matters, regardless of what quarter it’s in, what down and distance. Being able to take advantage of the open plays, being able to take advantage of scoring touchdowns. Little things like that.“Because in that fourth quarter, as you see in every NFL game, it’s rare where you have a team that’s blowing out teams,” he continued. “Every week is a test and it comes down to that last drive or a two-minute situation.”Here are some things to watch for this season:PROTECTING WATSONThe Texans are focused on better protecting Watson after he was sacked an NFL-leading 62 times. He started every game last season but was hurt for a chunk of the schedule while dealing with a partially collapsed lung and broken ribs from taking hit after hit.Houston addressed the issue by trading for Laremy Tunsil on Saturday, giving the team a franchise left tackle it hopes will keep Watson from taking so many hits this season. The young and talented Tunsil has already proven to be one of the top left tackles in the league in his short career and has started 44 games in three NFL seasons.Tunsil Derek Newton Jersey White , who was the 13th overall pick in the 2016 draft, joins a line that features center Nick Martin, a second-round pick in 2016, rookie first-round pick Tytus Howard at left guard.Howard was a high school quarterback who became a lineman after growing into his 6-foot-5, 322-pound frame at Alabama State. The Texans value his versatility and have moved him around a lot throughout camp to see where he’ll be most effective.“He’s a very versatile guy,” O’Brien said. “But, remember, the other thing about Tytus, he’s a rookie and he’s really only played offense line for three years, I think it is. So, he’s learning every day, but he’s going to be a really good player.”WATT’S UPThree-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt returns after a comeback season when he earned All-Pro honors with 61 tackles, led the AFC with 16 sacks, had 25 quarterback hits Womens Benardrick McKinney Jersey , 18 tackles for losses and forced a career-high seven fumbles, which tied for the most in the NFL. It was his fourth season with at least 15 sacks, which ranks second in NFL history behind Hall of Famer Reggie White, who had five.His big season came after he’d played just eight games over the previous two years because of injuries, and Watt was eager to see what he’ll be able to do after a healthy offseason.“Last year I had an idea of what I wanted to accomplish and I hoped I could accomplish it, but I wasn’t 100 percent sure because I hadn’t really played in a couple of years,” he said. “So, this year I have a lot of confidence going in. I have a lot of excitement, I have a lot of energy, I have a solid base where I know where I’m at.”HOPKINS’ HOPESDeAndre Hopkins ranked third in the NFL with a career-high 1,572 yards receiving last season. But he isn’t worried about surpassing those numbers or setting any statistical goals for himself. The three-time Pro Bowler is only focused on one goal as he enters his seventh NFL season.“Everybody who plays football should have their goal to win championships,” he said. “If you don’t, then there’s no need to come to practice. I feel like that’s the mindset of every football player. Not just mine.”CLOWNEY’S DEPARTUREOutside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney missed all of training camp before being traded to Seattle on Saturday after he and the Texans couldn’t agree to a long-term deal. His loss is a blow to a front featuring Watt that was among the best in the NFL last season. Now that he’s gone, the Texans will look to fourth-year player Brennan Scarlett to step up and play a much bigger role this season.The Texans showed a commitment to Scarlett last week when they signed him to a one-year Lamar Miller Jersey White , $3.75 million contract extension that will keep him in Houston through the 2020 season.He was signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2016 and has appeared in 30 games with eight starts in the past three seasons. The 6-foot-4, 263-pound Scarlett finished with 18 tackles last season after having 26 tackles and two sacks, which were both career highs, in 2017. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Deshaun Watson made the 800-mile trip to Jacksonville on a private bus.He slept, studied film, played games and watched television — all because the Houston Texans were concerned about how air pressure from flying would affect his bruised lung and injured ribs.Given how little Watson got hit Sunday, he might join teammates for the flight back.Watson threw a touchdown pass, Lamar Miller ran for 100 yards and a score and the Texans beat the reeling Jaguars 20-7 on Sunday for their fourth consecutive victory.“Whatever it took to get me down here with my teammates and be able to play and help this team win,” Watson said. “This is bigger than me. I’m a competitor. I love this team so much. And what I’ve been through previously and what we’ve been through leading up to this point, I want to be out there on the field with them and try to win.”Watson said he’s feeling a lot more comfortable and “starting to be able to do what I do again.”The Texans (4-3) didn’t need him to do much against the mistake-prone Jaguars (3-4), who turned the ball over three times, benched quarterback Blake Bortles, lost their third straight game and imploded in the locker room afterward.Watson completed 12 of 24 passes for 139 yards J.J. Watt Jersey White , including a 10-yard TD pass to DeAndre Hopkins in the third quarter that put Houston up 20-0. He was sacked once — an improvement for one of the NFL’s worst offensive lines — and knocked down just a few more times.It was just what he needed before a short turnaround that includes a home game against Miami on Thursday night“I give credit to Deshaun because I think he is a very tough individual,” coach Bill O’Brien said. “He has sacrificed a lot over the last couple of weeks to put himself in a position to play. Great teammate. Loves to win. Loves to play. And I think the world of the guy.”The Jaguars couldn’t be as complimentary of Bortles, who was benched in the third quarter after his second fumble. Bortles coughed up the ball on Jacksonville’s third play of each half, leading to 10 points for the Texans.Cody Kessler replaced Bortles and threw a touchdown pass, but he also fumbled and threw an interception off T.J. Yeldon’s hands.Coach Doug Marrone said afterward that the quarterback job is up for grabs.“We’ve got to do something, but the first thing we’ve got to do is stop turning the damn ball over. Period,” Marrone said.The Jaguars signed Bortles to a three-year, $54 million contract in February with the belief he was good enough to lead the defensive-minded team back to the playoffs. Bortles has been downright awful in three straight losses, with two touchdown passes and eight turnovers.“It’s obviously not what you want to hear as a quarterback,” Bortles said. “Those aren’t the words you want the head coach to say to you.”Marrone also benched Bortles in the 2017 preseason, only to give him the starting job back nine days later.Bortles lost the ball both times trying to scramble. The first one led to a field goal, and Watson connected with Hopkins following the second one . That was one of several one-on-one matchups Hopkins won against talkative cornerback Jalen Ramsey.Hopkins’ best was a one-handed catch for 31 yards along the sideline in the first quarter.“That catch at the beginning of the game really got us going,” O’Brien said. “He made some big plays for us. That’s Hop.”SHUT OUT AGAINThe Jaguars failed to score in the first half for the third straight week, the first time they’ve done that in franchise history. They have been outscored 57-0 in the opening two quarters in losses to Kansas City Alfred Blue Jersey White , Dallas and Houston.HAL STARTSTexans safety Andre Hal, who returned to practice this week following treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, was in the starting lineup. Hal was diagnosed with the disease in May and immediately began treatment. He received the news of his remission last month. The game was emotional because his father, Andre Hal Sr., died Tuesday, a few days suffering a heart attack.“This was good for my dad,” Hal said. “He wanted me back on the field and I know he was watching me there today. … People didn’t really think I’d come back, but I knew I would come back. It was cool seeing everyone kind of show some love to me.”KEY INJURIESTexans: WR Keke Coutee left in the second quarter with a hamstring injury and was ruled out at halftime.Jaguars: CB Tyler Patmon was ruled out in the second quarter because of a strained neck, forcing rookie safety Ronnie Harrison into a bigger role. … Backup linebacker Donald Payne injured in his left knee on a special teams play. … DE Calais Campbell left the game in the fourth with a stinger.UP NEXTTexans: Return home to host Miami on Thursday night.Jaguars: Face Philadelphia in a “home game” at Wembley Stadium in London.