Anthony Hitchens Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 6 '19

Some Chiefs fans were upset when Breeland didn’t get signed last summer — but it might have been a blessing."Things got a little crazy last July in Kansas City.It all started on Saturday Khalen Saunders Jersey nfl draft , July 21, when Green Bay Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reported that free agent cornerback Bashaud Breeland was planning to visit the Kansas City Chiefs the following Tuesday.This was received as great news.Breeland had signed a three-year, $24 million contract with the Carolina Panthers in the spring, but it voided when he failed a physical because of a foot infection. Reports were that the fifth-year player was healthy and ready to go.So Chiefs fans had three full days to get themselves worked up about the possibility of signing the soon-to-be former Washington Redskins cornerback.On Tuesday morning, news broke that the Chiefs had restructured the contract of running back Spencer Ware, which was seen as a move to clear cap space for a potential Breeland signing.By noon, Breeland’s agent was reported to be with the Chiefs at training camp in St. Joseph.But... nothing happened.Throughout the following day, reporters covering the Chiefs in St. Joseph kept spotting Breeland all over the campus.Except... no deal was ever made.By noon on Thursday, we knew that the Chiefs had offered Breeland a one-year contract somewhere around $7 million, but Breeland had decided to continue with visits to Indianapolis and Cleveland.By Saturday, we were told Breeland would make a decision, and the Chiefs were still in the mix.In the end, Breeland didn’t decide that Saturday — and didn’t sign with any of those teams.Two months later on September 26 Eric Murray Jersey , he signed a one-year deal with the Packers — reportedly for the veteran minimum salary — playing in just seven games during the rest of the 2018 season.It’s fair to say that there plenty of Chiefs fans who felt that the team wasted an opportunity in failing to sign Breeland last summer — but in retrospect, the team seems to have made the right move.Now a member of the Chiefs after signing a one-year contract worth a reported $2 million, Breeland says he is happy to be where he wanted to be all along.“During my time here in training camp, they treated me well,” he told the press on the first day of the Chiefs offseason program. “It was the place I wanted to be. Last year it didn’t work out, but now I’m here and ready to get to work.”Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty ImagesBreeland confirmed what had been suspected last July:that his relationship with his former Washington Redskins teammate — Chiefs cornerback Kendall Fuller — was one of the reasons Breeland wanted to play in Kansas City.“Me and Kendall talked last year,” Breeland said. “He wanted me to come here and reunite with him last year, and things didn’t get worked out. But he got me this year, and I’m excited to be back with him.”But Breeland also said there was more to it than that.“They’ve got a young group,” he said. “And they played a lot of man-coverage, too — press man, bump and run — and that’s the type of corner I am; I like to be in your face and create turnovers. They’ve got a young group on defense that’s growing, and I feel like I can come here and help propel us to [being] a top defense.”Breeland also said that last season Kendall Fuller Jersey , he wasn’t as ready to play as he thought he was.“When I got to Green Bay, it took me about two to three weeks to really get in shape, but I never really got to full form.”And he acknowledged that not being a part of OTAs and training camp with the Packers was part of that.“Last year, I did miss OTAs and camp, so the biggest issue was me getting in football shape again after staying out that long. I was healthy — the injury healed during the period of time that they gave me — it was more just getting in shape.”Breeland isn’t planning to make that mistake again.“OTAs are much needed,” he told the press. “You can never really get your body in shape for football during the offseason that you have. OTAs are a good time to get things going — to get the ball part started before the season comes.”And he couldn’t be more excited to play on the same team with Patrick Mahomes.“I just got done playing with Aaron Rodgers, and to me, he’s like a younger version of Aaron Rodgers with a lot more attributes. Young guys are starting to prepare differently these days, but he’s the same player. Being able to compete against him, I know that if I can ball against him in practice, I can play against anybody in games.“I’m ready to go now,” he said. “This is the year.” SEATTLE — From the time he entered the league in 2012, Russell Wilson for the most part has thrived late in the season with playoff berths or playoff positioning at stake.What about potential MVP candidate Patrick Mahomes?For all the brilliance Mahomes has shown this season in leading Kansas City to the cusp of a division title and possibly the No. 1 seed in the AFC Sammy Watkins Jersey , he’s never been in the situation of showing he can win a late-season game in a hostile environment that could ultimately help determine how far the Chiefs go in the postseason.That unknown about Mahomes makes Sunday night’s matchup with Kansas City visiting Seattle fascinating. Should the second-year quarterback enter one of the most difficult venues in football and come away with a Kansas City victory, Mahomes will have answered those questions and put Kansas City potentially in position to never leave home during the postseason.But a loss to Seattle and wins by the Chargers and Texans this weekend could put all that in peril for the Chiefs — the division title, home-field advantage and a first-round playoff bye.“I think the message for the whole team is we’re not satisfied with where we’re at,” Mahomes said. “We wanted to put ourselves in this position, but at the same time, we know we still have a long way to go.“We’re going to keep in that mentality the rest of this season and into the playoffs (of) not being satisfied with just being here. We want to make sure we can go and win the big games whenever we need to.”Kansas City (11-3) could have made the importance of Sunday’s game significantly less if it could have held on at home last week against the Chargers. But the 29-28 loss to Los Angeles left open the chance Kansas City could miss out on the division title and fall all the way to being a wild-card team depending on how the final two weeks play out.“You can hang your head and mope and do all those things you want to do, but that doesn’t get anything accomplished,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. “You get in, you learn from it the best you can, and you go do better. That’s the approach I am taking. That is the approach I felt from the guys.”Seattle (8-6) also had an unexpected thud last week, losing in overtime to lowly San Francisco on the road. Ultimately, what Wilson and the Seahawks do against Kansas City doesn’t matter in the big picture of Seattle trying to wrap up a wild-card spot in the NFC. A win over Arizona in Week 17 would be enough to put Seattle in the playoffs no matter what happens against the Chiefs.With losses by either Washington or Minnesota and a win over the Chiefs, the Seahawks would be back in the postseason after missing a year ago. But they know beating the Chiefs won’t be easy.“They have such a diverse attack that you’ve got to be ready for a lot of stuff. Our guys Anthony Hitchens Jersey , they’re up for it, they’re ready for the challenge and all of that,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. “We’ve got to do a great job on their really classy receivers. (Travis) Kelce and (Tyreek) Hill are just unbelievably talented guys having great years. So, there’s a lot of issues here. I think our guys will be ready to do this.”BY COMMITTEEAfter leaning heavily on Damien Williams last week, the Chiefs are likely to go with a bigger committee among their running backs, especially if Spencer Ware is healthy enough to play. Williams had 123 yards from scrimmage last week, but Ware has proven to be a more durable and consistent runner in the past. Ware missed last week with a hamstring injury.RUN AWAYSeattle’s No. 1-ranked rushing attack could end up having a big day against a Chiefs defense that is allowing 5.0 yards per rush. Seattle is averaging 154.9 yards per game on the ground, led by Chris Carson, who is coming off a career-high 119 yards last week against the 49ers. Seattle’s running back depth is a question as rookie Rashaad Penny may not be available because of a knee injury, and both Carson and backup Mike Davis have been banged up. The Chiefs are averaging 161.3 yards rushing allowed in the past three games.WELCOME BACKSeattle expects to have linebacker K.J. Wright back after missing the past five games and 11 games total this season because of knee problems. Wright probably won’t get a heavy dose of plays, but his return will be important in trying to keep Kelce under control. Wright has been strong in his career covering tight ends.SACK ATTACKKansas City defensive lineman Chris Jones has a sack in 10 straight games, an NFL record. He has 14 for the season. And he may get to pick on a reshuffled Seattle offensive line with D.J. Fluker still dealing with a hamstring injury and backup Jordan Simmons out for the season because of a knee injury suffered last week. The Chiefs are tied for second in the league with 46 sacks.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta