Jerick McKinnon Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Probleme mit dem Chat
Mitglied
linchao Nov 12 '19

SANTA CLARA Tarvarius Moore Jersey White , Calif. (AP)The 49ers appear to have found a promising piece for second-year coach Kyle Shanahan’s offense if the first week of training camp is any indication.Rookie Dante Pettis, a receiver drafted in the second round out of Washington, has been a quick study in Shanahan’s complex scheme. He’s also been a tough cover for opposing defensive backs, evident by his string of catches against the starting defense in full-team drills.In fact, Pettis closed Wednesday’s practice by catching a 45-yard touchdown pass from Jimmy Garoppolo, speeding by promising second-year player Ahkello Witherspoon, after earlier beating All-Pro Richard Sherman for a catch on a crossing route.Pettis’ ability to get open against physical NFL cornerbacks was a question mark after he was drafted. But Shanahan made a sizable bet that Pettis could do it given his work as a punt returner. Pettis set the NCAA record with nine punt return touchdowns during his four college seasons. He has been difficult to jam at the line of scrimmage in the early going.”If you can make guys miss with your feet when you have the ball in your hand, you should be able to do it in routes, too http://www.49erslockerroom.com/authentic-robbie-gould-jersey ,” Shanahan said. ”To combine that with his speed and his hands and his intelligence, which he is very smart, you feel pretty confident that he’s going to continue to get better.”The 49ers traded up 15 spots in the second round to draft Pettis to add to a receiving corps headlined by dependable veteran Pierre Garcon and speedster Marquise Goodwin, who has also looked good during recent practices.Shanahan is hoping the offense can continue to progress after ranking third in yardage (410) and fifth in points per game (28.8) during the five-game winning streak with Garoppolo as a starter to end 2017.While Goodwin, a former Olympic long jumper, has textbook sprinting form, Pettis has anything but. He has long limbs and an awkward running style. But he still finds ways to move efficiently and get separation from defenders. He first figured out he had unique movement skills in the seventh grade.”I would watch film of me running and I was like, `Why do I run so different than everybody else?’ I didn’t really get it and then I was just like `All right, that’s just how I run’ and kind of accepted it Terrell Owens Jersey ,” said Pettis.Recent 49ers first-round draft picks have been bitten by the injury bug. Guard Joshua Garnett hasn’t practiced since banging knees with a teammate Saturday and is listed as day to day.Jimmie Ward has been sidelined since midway through Tuesday’s practice with a hamstring injury, though he could return as soon as Friday. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead is also dealing with a hamstring issue and has been listed as week-to-week.Ward and Armstead are expected to have significant roles for defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, who indicated he’s not overly concerned about their absences from camp. But given NFL teams are allowed just 14 padded practices during the regular season, they are missing opportunities to hone their crafts.”Anyone who’s missing reps right now is missing valuable time,” said Saleh. ”If you’re not getting your practice reps, someone’s going to pass you up. But, at the same time, those guys are doing a great job in walk through and meetings and making sure they’re getting all of their mental reps so that when they do come back, they won’t skip a beat.”NOTES: TE Cole Wick suffered a knee injury during team drills Thursday and was scheduled for further testing Jerick McKinnon Jersey , the team said. … LB Brock Coyle (hip) is expected to work back into practice next week, as will offensive lineman JP Flynn (knee) . LT Joe Staley, WR Pierre Garcon, CB Richard Sherman, RB Jerick McKinnon, DT Earl Mitchell, DT DeForest Buckner and LB Malcolm Smith were given Thursday off.— Ricky Ray was never able to latch on in the NFL, but that didn’t keep him from having a long career.According to Dan Ralph of the , the longtime CFL quarterback announced his retirement Wednesday Womens Laken Tomlinson Jersey , calling it a career after last season’s neck injury.Of his 17 years, 16 were spent in the CFL, where he was one of the most prolific quarterbacks in the league. He’s one of just four quarterbacks to throw for more than 60,000 yards, and he won a record four Grey Cups.It took him a bit to warm to the idea of playing in the CFL. He went to camp with the 49ers in 2001, where they called him “Frito Ray” because he drove a chip delivery truck. Then after a stint with the Edmonton Eskimos, gave it a shot with the Jets in 2004. He dressed for six games, but wasn’t able to leapfrog Quincy Carter on the depth chart and headed back to Canada.Ray suffered a neck injury last June while playing for the Toronto Argonauts, and the 39-year-old realized coming back didn’t make sense.“The more I thought about it Earl Mitchell Jersey White , physically I just don’t think I can perform at a standard necessary to play anymore,” Ray said. “Every time I had that competitor inside of me saying, ‘Hey you can still do it, there’s a lot left to accomplish. I just had the practical voice in my head saying, ‘Physically you just can’t do it anymore.’“As an athlete you’re always trying to overcome something or trying to push yourself and think you can do things that maybe even you don’t think you can. This off-season, the practical side of me just kept coming out and saying it was my time to be done with football.”And even if he never stuck in the NFL, it was an amazing career.