An attempt at classifying the 2018 season of Ben Roethlisberger. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Nov 19 '19

On a recent installment of the Steelers Preview podcast Isaiah Buggs Jersey 2019 , I made a comment regarding 2019 being a bounce back season for one Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger. My ideas were opposed, albeit not in an insulting or a confrontational manner, by my co-hosts on the podcast. The exact reason that they were called into question were his stats. The 15-year vet, and all-but-certain Hall of Famer, had a statistically fine year that included 34 touchdowns and 5,127 yards through the air. Those were both bests of a brilliant career. Plus, Ben is one of a mere seven passers to eclipse 5K (done 11 times in history though). His completion percentage of 67.0 was third best for him. So, I can definitely see the counterpoint levied against me. But when you factor in a league-high of 16 interceptions, my point has validity. Sure, Patrick Mahomes and Andrew Luck had one less at 15, but the futility of being the top name on a bad stat is daunting and disconcerting.I also contend that a disappointing nine wins Cheap Isaiah Buggs Jersey , and the missing of the playoffs is also a reason to sound the alarm and Ben was at the helm for that. Again, it could be said that Chris Boswell’s myriad of misses and costly fumbles by Stevan Ridley (New Orleans), James Conner (Cleveland and Denver), JuJu Smith-Schuster (New Orleans) and Xavier Grimble (Denver) affected many a win, and transformed them into losses. But 2017 was a 13-3 campaign which hinged on mishaps that went the Steelers’ way. So...it’s hard to tell.As the general population of Steeler Nation, we may just have to rely on our own personal “eye tests” or Ben bias. The one thing that I recognize is the end result was less than optimal for all concerned and involved. While I contend Ben could have been better, I would not say his window is closed. The gigantic contract has raised some concerns about the amount of money paid to a quarterback in his career’s twilight, but would you rather see Joshua Dobbs and his rookie minimum run the show? Despite the season we’d all like to forget for various reasons, I have a surge of optimism running through my black-and-good veins for various reasons. No. 7 has a history of rallying when his ability has been questioned. After the Week 5 debacle against Jacksonville in 2017, where he threw five balls (including two pick-sixes) into the greedy, waiting mitts of Jaguar players Morgan Burnett Jersey , “the old cowboy” lamented that maybe he doesn’t have it anymore. He then reeled off eight-straight wins for that 13-3 mark. A very telling stat surrounds Ben and the artist currently self promoting himself as “Mr. Big Chest”, our estranged friend Antonio Brown. Ten of Ben’s 16 interceptions were passes intended for No. 84. That equates to a percentage of 62.5%. While I disagree with Ben’s criticism of Brown over the alleged “flat route” against Denver (I thought it was a bad choice in the direction of a defensive lineman), Antonio seemed to have been making a strategy of freelancing on the agreed upon routes he was to run. I feel that Ben forced a majority of his throws to appease his All-Pro teammate in the name of team harmony and because of his once-certain rapport with Brown. That strategy could be deemed as poor decision making as well. Nevertheless, that option has ceased to be one for the upcoming Steelers campaign.When Brown left in a blaze of controversy, he threw Ben under the bus and accelerated over his QB leaving long lasting skid marks. Le’Veon Bell did as well, but he was more in need of a scapegoat after not getting the contract he desired after he threw so much away. With those guys gone, Ben is left with a supporting cast that has been going out of their way to praise his leadership and celebrate the opportunity to play with him. So, my excitement lies in the prospect of a stable of hungry teammates excited to play with an accomplished winner. It also lies in the optimism that Ben seems poised to celebrate and guide the young receivers he is throwing to. Add in a suspected attempt to elevate a rushing attack along with a dedication to resuscitate a choking defense and employing the capable personnel to accomplish both goals, a scenario for success could become far likelier.Finally, Ben seems to thrive with his back firmly pressed up against the wall. With all of these factors in play, he would not necessarily need to eclipse the stats of last season...except for the win total. While there’s still a debate on just how bad last season was Mike Wagner Jersey , the writing is on the wall for 2019 to be really good. It just all depends on the author and his awareness and dedication to rewrite the script. When James Harrison was in his prime with the Pittsburgh Steelers and still happy to be on the roster, he was a joy to watch. Sadly for many fans, the same cannot be said of television career. From outward appearances, Harrison has revelled in the Steelers dysfunction, using a lot of it to his advantage. With Pittsburgh a constant topic for the national sports talk shows, the former linebacker has become a popular guest thanks to his willingness to share his insights about the Steelers. Thanks to his good friend and former teammate Antonio Brown, Harrison was able to enjoy some more airtime on Tuesday, appearing as a guest on both Undisputed on Fox Sports 1 and The Herd with Colin Cowherd. Among suggestions that Brown wanted to have more of a voice within the organization, had issues with JuJu Smith-Schuster winning team MVP and had a strained relationship with Ben Roethlisberger, Harrison struggled to see how AB could remain in Pittsburgh. But as is often the way, he saved his harshest criticism for Mike Tomlin. Telling Skip Bayless on Undisputed:When it comes to the problems with the Steelers defense Mark Barron Jersey , that is also Tomlin’s fault according to Harrison. Aside from some amusing anecdotes about playing in cold weather or picking up tells from an opposing offensive player, his remarks about the problems in Pittsburgh with Cowherd were basically a shortened version of his comments on Undisputed. Acknowledging Brown had not told him he wanted to leave the Steelers, Harrison still maintained his belief that AB wanted to be playing elsewhere in 2019. For those wondering how much longer this torture will go on, it is worth noting that no trades can be officially signed until March 13 at 4 p.m ET at the earliest. So basically, much longer than you can stand hearing about it, and the offseason is barely two weeks old!