such a thing.Everyone is hop | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 22 '19

Just a couple months ago a lot of people were pretty excited about he prospects of the new Alliance of American Football. It was set up to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. And it positioned..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Silver & Black PridecastFormer Raiders player details his experience in now defunct AAF including players kicked out of hotel rooms left to find their way homeNew Tyrell Williams Jersey ,16commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareFormer Raiders player details his experience in now defunct AAF including players kicked out of hotel rooms left to find their way homeKyle Terada-USA TODAY SportsJust a couple months ago a lot of people were pretty excited about he prospects of the new Alliance of American Football. It was set up to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. And it positioned itself during a time we wouldn’t otherwise have football to watch. The players who joined the AAF were also excited about an opportunity to get back in the sight lines of the NFL so they could prove they belonged on a squad. Two months in, the big hopes of the league collapsed. And with it, hundreds of professional football players would be out of a job and literally on the street.There were several former Raiders who joined the AAF. One of them was Oni Omoile who spent two years with the Raiders in 2016-17. You might recall he is the cousin of former Raiders All Pro guard Kelechi Osemele. Omoile would never get the chance to see game action for the Raiders and over the past couple years has bounced his way around practice squads for several teams trying to earn his way in.Then the AAF came calling, and the journeyman lineman saw it as his best chance yet to get on the field as a professional player and was allocated to the Memphis Express.With the collapse of the league, I got Omoile onto the Silver & Black Pridecast to discuss his football career and his experience with the AAF during its brief existence. It was an eye opening interview.“I felt like it was a solid opportunity to see some playing time, because outside of preseason I hadn’t really seen any action at all. Plus I’d be earning a decent amount of money. AAF contract were probably comparable per game to NFL practice squad contracts so the money wasn’t bad, so that helped push my decision to go to that league,” said Omoile.“I don’t regret it, I just hate how it all ended.”The ending was abrupt and cold. The owner cut off all funding, including paying for the hotels of the players and they were on their own. That includes those players who were dealing with injuries sustained in games. Omoile was among those players dealing with an injury.“Our last game we ended up playing against the [Orlando] Apollos,” Omoile recalled. “I was actually slated to start that game, but towards the end of the first quarter I took a shot to my jaw. . . they took me in and diagnosed me with a mild concussion. “The couple days after the game I was just at home, I couldn’t really go outside because the light was bothering me too much. And then Tuesday I go in for my daily checkup and I didn’t even... one of my friends tweeted it to me how the league was suspending operations. I was confused about that, so I went back to the facility and I see everyone getting out of meetings. I guess they had just told them the league was shutting down football operations. And then I was told we had to leave by the following morning, that we couldn’t stay at our hotels anymore. Some people had their stuff thrown out of their rooms into the hotel lobby. And one of our guys was from New York and he had to drive 17 hours. I was lucky, I only had to drive like 7 hour Trent Brown Jersey , 30 minutes or something, but I was still driving with concussion symptoms, which is very dangerous and I probably shouldn’t have done it, but I felt like I didn’t have a choice so I toughed it out. I ended up making it in one piece, but we weren’t financially compensated for anything. . . guys had to pay for their own flights. It was just very poorly handled and it left a bad taste in my mouth.”Omoile and most of the other players in the AAF have essentially been playing or practicing football nonstop with no break for at least a year. He said after resting up his body he hopes to find his way back into an NFL camp to keep plugging away at finding his way onto an NFL roster.Follow @LeviDamien The 1976 AFC Conference Championship win over the Steelers. The ‘Sea of Hands’ playoff win over the Dolphins. The 1976 AFC Division playoff win over the Patriots to begin their first Super Bowl run. ‘The Heidi Bowl’ win over the Jets. The Wildcard win over the Oilers in 1980. AFC Championship win over the Titans in 2002. Those are just a few of the great Raiders moments that happened on the Oakland Coliseum field in its 53-year history. And tonight could be the last game the Raiders ever play there. At least that’s how this game is being approached.With the impending move to Las Vegas in 2020, we knew the Raiders’ time in Oakland was numbered. But up until recently, we thought that number was much bigger. What changed everything was the City of Oakland filing an antitrust lawsuit against the Raiders and the NFL which prompted Mark Davis to threaten to play the 2019 season elsewhere. Where exactly is not yet known. It could even be Oakland. But it may not as well. And if it isn’t Oakland, tonight will be the last hurrah for the Raiders in the old Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. A premature ending to a long history of the Raiders in the facility and in the city of Oakland.“I try not to speculate on things,” Head Coach Jon Gruden said of where the Raiders will play next season. “There has been a lot of things that happened this year. You can’t control a lot of it. You just have to hope that that is not the case and hope that it works out. If it is the last game, it will certainly be a sad day.”It will indeed be a sad day. It’s bad enough that a team is being taken away from this great city and their glorious and loyal fans. It only rubs salt in the wound to then rip the team away a year early. In light of this, tonight will be a bittersweet event. The fans will come out in droves just in case this is their last opportunity to see the team play in the venue they have played 40 of the team’s 59 seasons in existence. Thus far there has been no announcements of the team doing anything special for the fans tonight, despite suggestions that they do something...anything...to show they appreciate them continuing to show up an support team even knowing the team is leaving. Earlier this week former Raiders CEO Amy Trask had a few interesting suggestions, including hiring some local musicians such as MC Hammer to perform in the parking lot before the game. But again, no word on if the team has any plans for such a thing.Everyone is hoping this is just a false alarm and the team will play out its original plan to stay in Oakland thru the 2019 season until their new stadium is ready in Las Vegas. But the fans can’t take that chance. They have to live today like it’s their last. Because it just might be...for their beloved Raiders in Oakland.Merry Christmas, everyone.Follow @LeviDamien