g but the women do. So theyre aching to | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Nov 27 '19
A six-month-old Al-Jazeera America report alleging several NFL players use of performance-enhancing drugs has sparked the latest public spat between the NFL and NFLPA. Stitched NBA Jerseys .The NFL wants to interview Pittsburgh Steelers?linebacker James Harrison, retired quarterback Peyton Manning, Green Bay Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers and free-agent linebacker Mike Neal, who were linked to the report.But the NFL Players Association contends theres no evidence to merit an investigation and sent a letter on behalf of the four active players to the NFL stating that fact.Charlie Sly, the Indiana pharmacist who made the accusations to Al-Jazeera, has recanted his statements about the players, including Manning, who was central to the report.NFLPA assistant executive director of external affairs George Atallah said the league has not provided additional information beyond the report to substantiate the claims. We believe if there was something concrete, they would have shown us [already], Atallah said Tuesday.Citing shared responsibility by both sides to explore allegations that could impact the integrity of competition, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league has reviewed records and conducted multiple interviews on the matter. We have made no such conclusions but the report merits a review, including interviews with the players named, McCarthy said. The NFL hasnt shared documents with the NFLPA while it remains in the phase of gathering more information.Atallah told NBC Sports Radios ProFootballTalk Live that the NFL has notified the NFLPA that Major League Baseball and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency are also looking into the matter. Free-agent catcher Taylor Teagarden, who was also linked to the report, is serving an 80-game suspension for violating baseballs drug policy.The sticking point: While the NFLPA awaits facts, the NFL is trying to determine whether the allegations are indeed factual, which it believes is sufficient reasoning for a review. While the NFLPA has cited numerous times that Sly has changed his story, the league wants to know whether he was telling the truth originally or had motives to recant.Atallah recognizes both sides probably define grounds for an investigation differently: We happen to be right; they happen to be wrong, he said.At the center of the probe is Harrison, who said on Instagram this week that hes willing to be interviewed on his terms: at his house, before training camp, with commissioner Roger Goodell present. Harrison has denied he took a drug called Delta-2, which Sly lists in the report. Harrison has pointed out that hes passed multiple offseason drug tests administered by the NFL. The league, which was prepared to conduct these interviews months ago, notified Harrison in a letter that it would like to interview him at training camp in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.Atallah wont speculate but said he doubts Goodell will make his way into Harrisons house. Interviews like this typically include lawyers from both sides in a more formal setting.Failure to cooperate with a league investigation could result in a suspension for the players.The next step, according to Atallah, is making a recommendation to players on how to proceed, but the NFLPA needs more information before doing so.After the contentious Deflategate investigation involving quarterback Tom Brady thats still floating in the U.S. Court of Appeals system nearly 18 months after allegations surfaced, the union wont take the league for their word in this case.They have proved to have a terrible track record when it comes to investigations, Atallah said. Authentic NBA Jerseys . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. NBA Jerseys For Sale . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. https://www.cheapnbajerseysjustwholesale.com/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. VAL GARDENA, Italy -- Steven Nyman and his girlfriend were lying under the stars admiring the view atop one of the Dolomites most majestic mountain passes when they decided to open the doctors email.The couple is expecting a baby girl in June.Slightly more than 12 hours after finding out the sex of his baby, Nyman celebrated the news with a third-placed finish in the Val Gardena downhill Saturday despite a hair-raising landing off the biggest jump on the high-speed Saslong course.With his grandmother having died of cancer three days ago, Nymans mind has been racing as fast as his skis lately.For her to pass and knowing she has moved on and then figuring out that Im going to have a little girl, Nyman said. Its been emotional.Nymans girlfriend, Charlotte Moats, may have had the toughest test of emotions, watching from the finish as Nyman lost control over the legendary camel jump, which launches skiers into the air for nearly 90 yards -- almost the full length of a football field.Nyman flailed his arms to regain his balance and sat all the way down on his skis to soften the landing and somehow restore control.It made me roll down the windows and gave me a good scare, Nyman said. I let out a good grunt when I landed and pulled myself back up. ... I was just telling myself, `You got to keep pushing. The first thing in my mind was that the knees didnt pop so things are OK. `Lets keep going, keep charging. Lets go, lets go, lets go.All three of Nymans wins have come in Val Gardena. The Sundance, Utah, skier still needs one more to match Austrian legend Franz Klammer and Italian standout Kristian Ghedina for a record fourth downhill victory on the Saslong.Im old but Im healthy and happy and I have several more years in me, said Nyman, now the oldest member of the U.S. team at 34. My lady thinks I can go till 2022. I dont know about that, but well see.Either way, Nyman will forever be linked to this race and this area -- perhaps thats why he and Moats decided to wait until they got to Alto Adige to open the baby news.We were lying under the stars last nigght at the top of Passo Sella and were like, `Lets open this email, Nyman said. NBA Jerseys China. And we opened it and were like, `Its a girl! ... And then were like, `Lets name it Sella.I dont know if thats going to (work out) but we might name it Sella. Or it could be Ronda, (for) Sellaronda, Nyman said, referring to the 40-kilometer (25-mile) loop of interconnected trails around the Sella Range.In a race won by Austrias Max Franz, the U.S. Ski Team had a strong showing with Travis Ganong finishing seventh and Bryce Bennett coming eighth with the No. 54 bib.I know I have speed to be faster than anybody, but its having all the splits add up at the end. Its close, its super close, Ganong said. Hopefully I can build from this and look at the video and figure out why I lose time in one section of every race and hopefully not do that next race and hopefully win.Up next for the speed team is a set of races in Santa Catarina, where Ganong posted his only win two years ago.Then its off to the downhill classics in Wengen, Switzerland, and Kitzbuehel, Austria, in January, followed by the world championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, in February -- a major test before next seasons Pyeongchang Olympics.First, though, Nyman is inviting the entire team to his apartment in Innsbruck, Austria, for Christmas -- Ganong and his girlfriend, the Canadian skier Marie-Michele Gagnon; two-time Olympic super-G medalist Andrew Weibrecht and his wife and 10-month old daughter; plus some coaches and members of the U.S. womens team.Its going to be quite a change from the usual holiday of just the guys hanging out in Bormio.We got a big Christmas tree and its just nice to create that environment, Nyman said. Usually as men we have a very depressing Christmas. We dont find it all that depressing but the women do. So theyre aching to make it a little more festive.Nyman, for one, has plenty to celebrate.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf ' ' '