fied the 15-game winner is both healthy a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Nov 28 '19
EUGENE, Ore. Gordon Hayward Jersey . -- Whew. That was a little close.Buffalo Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin advanced to Sundays finals in the long jump, placing 12th in Saturdays preliminary round at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials in an event where only 12 athletes move on. Goodwin said he was sloppy and feeling a little rusty while messing up his first two jumps of the day, but isnt at all worried about finishing in the top three in the finals to qualify for Rio.Man, four years ago, I got 10th overall in the prelims, and won the finals, Goodwin said. It doesnt matter what you do the day before the finals. Honestly, just come back, refocus and its a new day.Jeffrey Henderson was first in Saturdays prelims with a leap of 8.22 meters while 2012 Olympic bronze medalist Will Claye was second at 8.14. Goodwins best jump was 7.82.Goodwin competed for the United States at the 2012 Olympics, finishing 10th with a leap of 7.80. He was drafted by the Bills the following spring. After playing two seasons for Buffalo, he returned to track last year while also continuing to play football. He played just two games for the Bills last season, but has excelled in the long jump this year, leaping a personal-best 8.45 meters at one meet. That surpasses gold medalist Greg Rutherfords 8.31 jump at the 2012 Olympics.He says playing football has helped him in the long jump.Its toughness, Goodwin said. Strain a hamstring going in, you just have to push through it. You cant make excuses. You cant go out there and say, I have a hurt hammy or I got a broken hand. When youre on the field, you just have to go out there and compete. You give it your all. If you win, you win; if you lose, you lose -- you take your Ls like you take your Ws.At the end of the day, you have to remember -- this is fun. You cant take the fun out of it.If Goodwin qualifies for the Olympics, he says winning a medal in Rio would complete a dream he has had since he was 9 years old.It would be No. 1, being that Ive never won an Olympic medal, he said. Ive accomplished a lot, but an Olympic medal is something Ive always dreamed of. The Super Bowl, as well. If I could get two of those, I could probably die right after. God forbid that happened, but I could. Ray Allen Jersey . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Kevin Garnett Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. https://www.cheapceltics.com/442n-bob-cousy-jersey-celtics.html . No. 13-seeded John Isner and No. 21 Philipp Kohlschreiber were among six players who dropped out of the tournament on Tuesday, joining No. 12 seed Tommy Haas and two other players who withdrew on Monday. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Baltimore Orioles got on base and Manny Machado drove them in.Machado capped a six-run fourth inning with a grand slam off Jake Odorizzi, leading the Orioles over the Tampa Bay Rays 11-2 on Tuesday night.Guys are getting on base, hitting singles, doubles and doing the little things to give us an opportunity to have that big inning, said Machado, who drove in a fifth run with a single in the eighth. I think people are overlooking how well were executing and hitting in key situations. Things are starting to click for us. Its been fun the last couple of days.Chris Davis and Adam Jones also homered for the Orioles, who entered the day tied for the second wild card and two games behind AL East-leading Toronto, which lost to the New York Yankees.Machados homer was his 34th this season, while Davis got his 35th and Jones got his 26th.When they start talking about MVP, theyve got to start talking about him, too, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said of Machado, who has 90 RBI and 48 multihit games.Odorizzi (9-6) lost for the first time in 10 starts since the All-Star break, giving up seven runs, six hits and three walks over four innings. Machados slam was set up by two walks, a hit batter and J.J. Hardys two-run double.I think you could tell fairly early on that Odo didnt quite have all of his weapons tonight, said Rays manager Kevin Cash. Weve seen him so good here as of late. Tonight, he just didnt have the best feel for the changeup.Yovani Gallardo (5-7) pitched five innings for Baltimore, giving up two runs (one earned) and five hits while striking out five.Jones eighth-inning homer was the Orioles major league-leading 218th of the season, moving them ahead of last years team for second-most ever among Baltimore teams. The 1996 Orioles set the club record with 257.Logan Forsythe led off the Rays first with his 18th homme run, and Kevin Kiermaier extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a single. Pervis Ellison Jersey. Other than not going deeper in the ballgame, I feel pretty good about it, said Gallardo, who won for the second time in his last 13 starts. After giving up that home run to start the ballgame, I was able to make pitches whenever I had to.DAVIS LEAVES GAME EARLYDavis left in the fifth inning with what Showalter described as a sore left palm. Its something hes had for a long time, something he doesnt really like talking about, said Showalter, who will re-evaluate the situation before Wednesdays game.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: RHP Chris Tillman, who has missed three starts with right shoulder bursitis, will throw a bullpen session in hopes of starting Sundays game at Detroit. Showalter said he will forego a decision on any rotation changes until he is satisfied the 15-game winner is both healthy and effective.Rays: 3B Evan Longoria, hit on the right hand by a pitched ball Monday, started. Its sore, Longoria said. Its OK.NEW VISIONLongoria was surprised at the timing of hitting coach Derek Sheltons firing on Tuesday.As much as I dont like to see Shelty go, Im on board with them making a change and wanting to go in a different direction, Longoria said.Rays minor league hitting coordinator Chad Mottola replaced Shelton.It gives Chad a few extra weeks to get to know our hitters better, Silverman said.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Dylan Bundy will start Wednesdays series finale. He is 5-3 in eight starts since giving up three home runs in a 5-2 loss at Tropicana Filed on July 17.Rays: LHP Drew Smyly is 4-1 lifetime against the Orioles, but gave up eight runs, including a first-inning grand slam, to Davis in a 12-5 loss at Baltimore on June 26. ' ' '