better every game and its so exciting over what we can | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Nov 29 '19
PITTSBURGH -- Just as Gerrit Cole got back to his winning ways, he ran into the Cincinnati Reds. Moises Alou Jersey .Cole had a two-start winning streak snapped and fell to 0-6 career against the Reds in the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-3 loss on Sunday.Coles consecutive victories followed a six-start winless skid. He allowed four runs and three hits in 5 2/3 innings Sunday after limiting opponents to three earned runs total over his previous three starts (20 innings).Brandon Phillips chased Cole (7-7) with an RBI single in the sixth that gave Cincinnati a 4-1 lead.Cole was also frustrated by Billy Hamilton, who stole four bases and scored three times.It comes down to putting guys on the ground and getting efficient outs, Cole said. Youre not going to be able to stop Hamilton every time, but a walk to start off the game is pretty much a triple within four or five pitches. Thats not going to get the job done.Hamilton had three hits and reached safely four times in five at-bats. The center fielder has stolen 43 bases this season, tied with Jonathan Villar for the major league lead.He is arguably the most dynamic baserunner in the National League, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. He steals third more than anybody. Hes looking to go just about every pitch.Hamilton had three steals and two runs in the first three innings while the Reds staked starter Dan Straily to a 3-0 lead.My job is to get on base and get into scoring position for these guys behind me to drive me in, Hamilton said. Thats my job. I felt like I did my job.After walking to lead off the first, Hamilton stole second before taking third one batter later. Left fielder Adam Duvall drove him in and advanced Joey Votto, who walked in the previous at-bat, with a groundout to third base. Phillips singled to score Votto for a 2-0 lead.Hamilton doubled to right two innings later before stealing third a second time, and Votto pushed the Reds advantage to 3-0 with a sacrifice fly.Hamiltons electric day wasnt exclusive to his work on the base paths.Pirates catcher Eric Fryer crushed a ball to center field that turned Hamilton around twice. He recovered to make a leaping backhanded catch that earned applause from the Pittsburgh crowd.Through all the challenges that hes had offensively, the defense has kept him in the big leagues, to be honest, more so than the stolen bases, Reds manager Bryan Price said.Following Hamiltons leaping grab, Straily emphatically pounded his glove while pointing back to his center fielder.I have never seen anything like him, Straily said. That ball, it started off over one of his shoulders, kind of knuckled back. It was pretty impressive from where I was standing, very much appreciated. I hung a slider. He hit the ball well. I was very fortunate.Straily (7-6) surrendered two earned runs and three hits in six innings pitched. The right-hander took a no-hit bid into the fifth, until Matt Joyce drove the third pitch of his leadoff at-bat 442 feet to center and made it 3-1 with his 12th home run.Josh Harrison hit Pittsburghs second home run in an inning later to make it 4-2.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: 3B David Freese did not play Sunday after leaving Pittsburghs game against Cincinnati in the sixth inning on Saturday due to left elbow discomfort.UP NEXTPirates: RHP Chad Kuhl (1-0, 4.19) will make his first start for Pittsburgh since July 17 on Tuesday, when he faces the San Diego Padres at PNC Park. Kurt Miller Jersey . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Custom Miami Marlins Jerseys . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. https:///...-jersey-marlins.html . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Its been the Olympic Games where British history has been made in so many sports, on so many levels.?Now Team GBs womens hockey team has joined the party.Putting their bodies on the line for a 3-0 win over New Zealand in the unforgiving Brazilian humidity, Britains women reached their first ever Olympic final.There will be no let up as they chase what would be the most incredible of gold medals on Friday against the Netherlands and the brilliant Alex Dansons message was equal in focus: We wont change a thing.They are now unbeaten in seven matches here and brimming with confidence but there will be bruised bodies on Thursday.Faces were on the wrong end of sticks, chins were battered -- Georgie Twiggs injury was dismissed by her as taking one for the team afterwards with her inflamed lip testament to safety being placed second behind the overall effort.It was this unwavering focus, this resilience that saw them shut out the misfiring Black Sticks to book a final with back-to-back Olympic champions the Netherlands.From goalkeeper Maddie Hinch to the talismanic Danson -- who scored twice -- to the rangy, dangerous Twigg to the steady Kate Richardson-Walsh, the performances were heroic.Forced to defend for the middle section of the game with New Zealand hammering away at their goal, Britains defence was astonishing -- though they were let off the hook when New Zealands Petrea Webster fired wide having had far more time to weigh up her options with just Hinch to beat.I am so proud of this team but defensively we have been absolutely outstanding at this tournament and I mean that as a whole unit, Danson said. We are tight: no one can come through us. I dont think I have ever seen a team defend like that in our circle.And from this platform they forced the 1-0 lead in the first period through Dansons deflected shot before closing it out in the final quuarter thanks to penalty strokes from Helen Richardson-Walsh and the brilliant Danson. Garrett Cooper Jersey. It all came down to processes. Though reaching the final is uncharted water for Britain, they knew what to do in every phase of the game -- how to shut out the dangerous Kiwi attackers and how to capitalise on attacking territory when opportunity allowed.But celebrations will be kept to a minimum.?We are going for gold, nothing else, said Twigg. External influences and voices are completely blocked out, to the extent the team have a self-imposed social media ban.We decided as a squad that we want people to see us for what we are and thats tight and as a unit, Danson said. We will share our stories once the Games are over but for now its about concentrating, being together and having no interest elsewhere and focusing just on what we are doing.And this is why, despite them already making a slice of British hockey history, they wont be carried away.As soon as we won there, it was a case of one more, one more, Hinch said. Were not going to rest on our laurels; were going to make sure we give absolutely everything to get that medal. I have a good feeling.It all boils down to what will be another physical 60 minutes against the Netherlands. They know their opponents well and will take confidence from a 1-0 series win over two matches in June. It will be a case of facing familiar foes in an unfamiliar environment on Friday, but you sense they are ready for anything the Netherlands throw at them.We are getting better and better every game and its so exciting over what we can pull out in the final on Friday, Hinch said. Its all about momentum for us and we are getting better and better. Hopefully we will pull out our best performance on Friday. ' ' '