Duncan as the only ever to accomplish | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Nov 30 '19
MISSOULA, Mont. Lewis Brinson Jersey . -- Montana womens basketball coach Robin Selvig announced his retirement Wednesday after 38 years at the school.Selvig, who turns 64 next month, announced the decision on the universitys website, saying he will be at the school until the end of August. The Big Sky Conference school will hold a press conference Thursday.Selvig was 865-286 at Montana to tie for seventh on the Division I career victory list.Over 38 years, there werent many days It wasnt excited to come to work, but Ive started to lose that excitement, Selvig said in the schools release. The players have always given me their best. When you wear down a little, you start to wonder: Can I still give them my best? I dont like that question, and I dont like that feeling. I dont like not being fired up for next year. The players deserve me at my best, and I dont know if I have the energy to keep doing it. There are mixed feelings, but I think the time is right.A former mens star at Montana, Selvig built Montana into one of the better and most-consistent mid-major programs in the country, finishing with 36 winning seasons, 31 20-victory seasons, 24 conference championships and 21 NCAA tournament appearances.Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma took time to praise Selvig on Wednesday night in Delaware after directing the U.S. Olympic team to an exhibition victory over France.We were just talking about him today at the meal room, (DePaul coach and U.S. assistant) Doug Bruno and I, Auriemma said. Coaches that have been in the game a long time and arent in the womens basketball Hall of Fame that are still coaching. Hes definitely one of them. He did it in a place that not too many people out in the media are paying attention. Hes had as great a career as you can without winning a national championship that you can want to have as a coach.The Lady Griz were 20-11 last season.This has nothing to do with the players, Selvig said. Theyve always been great and fun to be around. Thats what Im going to miss. But every job has its good parts and bad parts, and the bad parts started outweighing the good. I would feel guilty if I couldnt look the girls in the eye because I knew I wasnt able to give them my best.Selvig was honored as the conference coach of the year 21 times.Ive been extremely fortunate to experience the things I have with the people I have. Ive been blessed, Selvig said. Your lives become intertwined, and thats what makes it a family. Youre invested not only in coaching them, youre invested in them when lots of things are going on in their lives. Those relationships are as special to me as anything.What we shared will never change or be taken away from us. Sharing young womens lives for four or five years, thats where the rewards come from. Ive been lucky I got to share that with them. Its been special.Selvig played his final three seasons for the Grizzlies under coach Jud Heathcote.I look forward to being able to see my boys and my granddaughter a little more, Selvig said. Marlins Jerseys China . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Cliff Floyd Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. https:///...-jersey-marlins.html . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. SEATTLE -- Lou Gehrig didnt do it. Joe DiMaggio didnt do it. Mickey Mantle didnt do it.New York Yankees rookie catcher Gary Sanchez has hit eight home runs in his first 19 games, becoming the first player in franchise history to hit so many long balls so quickly.Sanchez added two more home runs Monday night in a 7-5 loss to the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field. Sanchez hit a solo shot in the first inning and a two-run job in the sixth.Its very tough when you can put on the board a couple of runs and get to hit two home runs and all that, but the bottom line is you dont win the game, Sanchez said through a translator.?Earlier on Monday, Sanchez, 23, was named the American League Player of the Week,, becoming the first Yankees catcher to win the honor since Thurman Munson in 1976. J. T. Riddle Jersey. Sanchez has unseated seven-time All-Star Brian McCann as the Yankees everyday catcher.I feel really good out there in the box, and the work Ive been doing is getting good results, and its making me feel comfortable, Sanchez said.With six homers in his first 18 games before Monday, Sanchez already had tied Kevin Maas and Shelley Duncan as the only ever to accomplish the feat.The Yankees signed Sanchez out of the Dominican Republic for a $3 million signing bonus when he was 16. ' ' '