de, youre getting effort, the game can swing back and fort | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 1 '19
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. Sam Crawford Jersey . -- Sam Bradford immediately immersed himself in video study of his new team after the Minnesota Vikings made the emergency trade to acquire him the week before the regular season began.The starring role of this film, for Bradford, was adeptly played by Stefon Diggs.He just kind of popped, Bradford said. You just kind of notice him. Hes always getting separation. He seems to always be finding a way to get open.The live proof quickly followed.In Bradfords debut, a 17-14 victory over rival Green Bay last Sunday, Diggs had nine receptions for 182 yards . Diggs received the NFC offensive player of the week award for the performance. That included a slick third-quarter touchdown catch in which he ran to the inside of Packers cornerback Damarious Randall, veered outside as if he were going to run a corner route, then curled behind Randall to run back inside to complete the post pattern.He just throws a good ball, Diggs said. I just try to make the plays I can for him.Through two games, Diggs leads the NFL with 285 yards receiving. Diggs has been targeted on 20 of Minnesotas 64 passes , and with 16 receptions he has the fourth-best catch percentage in the league among wide receivers whove been thrown to more than 12 times. Diggs became the third player in Vikings history with two 100-yard games to start a season, the first since Cris Carter in 1997.I definitely know hes got all the tools, said Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn, who often covers Diggs in practice. Great hands. Great route runner. I said when he first got here that he reminded me a little of Antonio Brown. When he was a rookie I said that. This guy, man, hes just been phenomenal for this team.Thats particularly true considering that Diggs became the first rookie in franchise history to lead the team in receptions (52) last year, with Teddy Bridgewater as the quarterback. Bradford arrived after Bridgewater went down with a massive injury to his left knee on Aug. 30, but Shaun Hill started the opener at Tennessee. Diggs thrived with him throwing the passes, too.If a puppy bites when hes young, when he gets to be big hes going to really bite you, wide receivers coach George Stewart said. He had some bite in him as a young puppy. You saw what he did when he came in last year and started to play. It wasnt a mistake he played well. He prepared himself to be a good player in our league, and hes continuing to do that.The swift rise for Diggs is remarkable considering he fell to the fifth round of the 2015 draft coming out of college one year early. Hes on the smaller side at his position at 6-foot and 190 pounds, for one. The unstable quarterback situation at Maryland during his career there didnt help productivity, even though his 1,896 all-purpose yards as a freshman in 2012 was the second-highest total in program history.Then there was the broken leg and subsequent related leg muscle injuries that kept him out for almost half of his sophomore season. A lacerated kidney cost him three games as a junior.Hes a relentless worker, though, with footwork as crisp and instinct as sharp as any of his peers around the league. His unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against the Packers notwithstanding -- a product in coach Mike Zimmers view of his desire to protect a teammate -- Diggs possesses a polish on the field and carries himself off of it in a way that transcends his age.Diggs was only 14 when his father died. Hes become a father-like figure to his younger brothers, especially Trevon Diggs, a freshman wide receiver at Alabama.Hes looking at me as far as like a role model. I want to be the first example, Diggs said. I want him to have to look nowhere else, as far as like somebody that works hard or does what theyre supposed to do.The Vikings (2-0) will be relying on Diggs more than ever now, with Bridgewater, running back Adrian Peterson and left tackle Matt Kalil all likely out for the rest of the season with injuries.Ive just got to do what Ive got to do, and at the end of the day if that happens, Diggs said with a sly smile, Ill be all right.--Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP Heinie Manush Jersey . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. Daniel Norris Jersey . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. https://www.cheaptigers.com/1659z-norm-cash-jersey-tigers.html . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. PITTSBURGH -- Those who primarily follow the National League -- say, for instance, Pittsburgh Pirates fans -- might not have heard much about right-hander Joe Musgrove.Musgrove (1-1, 4.18 ERA) began the season with Double-A Corpus Christi and has had arguably a meteoric start to his career with Houston. He will be on the mound Tuesday when the Astros play the second of three games at PNC Park.At 6 feet 5, 265 pounds, Musgrove, 23, can look imposing, and he has pitched accordingly -- thanks to his performance and a couple of opportunities.He was recalled from Triple-A Fresno Aug. 1 because Doug Fister was going on paternity leave. He came on in relief Aug. 2, pitching 4 1/3 scoreless innings against Toronto and setting a major league record for strikeouts by a reliever making his major league debut with eight.The starter that day, Lance McCullers, then went on the DL, so the Astros kept Musgrove around and gave him his first start, Aug. 7 against Texas, then another and another. The statistic that jumps out: He has 23 strikeouts and three walks in 23 2/3 innings.In his first start, which turned out to be a 5-3, 11-inning Astros loss to the Rangers, Musgrove retired the first 10 batters he faced before giving up three hits in the fifth. Then he settled back down and retired seven of the last eight batters he faced as he pitched through the seventh.He tired at the end but still gutted through his performance, Astros manager A.J. Hinch told the Houston Chronicle. Thats a big step for a young kid to come up here, get his first start and finish his outing. Its really easy to nitpick at the end when youre tired, not make a pitch, and end up having me go out and get you at 6 2/3, as opposed to seven.So there was a good growth day for him. Hes got a lot of charisma, he knows what hes doing, and hes going to attack the zone. I really like what I see from his first two outings.Musgrove has gone 1-1 since that no-decision.Tuesday, he will oppose right-hander Ivan Nova (9-6, 4.83 ERA), meeaning it could be a strikeout contest. Germany Schaefer Jersey. Nova is 2-0 with a 4.41 ERA in three starts since Pittsburgh acquired him from the Yankees. In his most recent start, a no-decision Wednesday in a 6-5 Pirates win in San Francisco, Nova gave up four runs on six hits over four innings, with five strikeouts and no walks.Houston and the Pirates are in similar battles to try to climb into a wild-card spot, but they are moving in different directions lately.The Astros 3-1 win Monday in the series opener was their fourth win in a row and kept them 3 1/2 games behind Baltimore, which holds the second American League wild-card spot.Since falling to 11 games under .500 on May 22 at 17-28, Houston is 48-32.Winning is contagious and playing good baseball is contagious, said Mondays winning pitcher, Doug Fister. Weve been playing pretty well the last few days, the best weve played in a while.The game Monday was Pittsburghs fourth loss in a row, leaving the Pirates two games behind Miami and four behind St. Louis, which holds the second National League wild-card spot.Manager Clint Hurdle often cites an even keel as critical, and hes emphasizing it even more now.Were very consistent in what we do, and one thing I remind them of is to think with reason, not to think with emotion; make decisions with reason, dont make decisions with emotion, Hurdle said. Many of them have been there in that situation before. Ive been in that situation before. Its not for lack of effort or attitude. Youre getting attitude, youre getting effort, the game can swing back and forth sometimes.Youve got to play through it. You hold fast. These are the times when the coaching staff and myself need to show up. Somebodys got to hold the wheel, keep them positive, keep them playing forward and keep them optimistic. I believe well do that because thats the way were built, the way were wired. ' ' '