t as part of tht as part of th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 3 '19
Being a blue-collar midfielder on the verge of his 300th AFL match, Scott Thompson would never dare talk publicly about that elusive premiership. Wholesale NHL Jerseys .But the 33-year-olds answer was instructive when asked what still drove him in the game.Three losing prelims isnt a good track record, is it?, the much-admired Adelaide veteran said.The Crows have soared into third position on the back of a seven-game winning streak, raising legitimate hopes that they can contend this season.Thompson is in the last season, or so, of his outstanding career and the contested-ball animal admits he is impressed by what he sees around him.It would be unfair to single out any side as better than another, he said.But ... as a club right now, we sit in a pretty good position.Thompson had played 39 games in four seasons at Melbourne when he was traded to the Crows at the end of 2004.The following two seasons, he was part of Crows teams that lost preliminary finals and they did so again in 2012.The third of those near-misses was also the season when Thompson earned his one All-Australian selection and won the club best-and-fairest award for the second time.This Saturday, he will become the fifth Adelaide player to reach 300 games - and the first to do so after starting his career at a different club.Thompson is joining Crows royalty, with Andrew McLeod, Tyson Edwards, Mark Ricciuto and Ben Hart the others to reach the milestone.I certainly held them in the highest regard when they played and, to be reaching that milestone myself, albeit over two clubs, certainly I will be proud of when I finish, Thompson said.One of footballs good blokes said the only downside to his longevity in the game was the lack of respect from teammates.Wayne Milera was just three when Thompson made his senior debut in 2001.The only thing that keeps me reminded (about how long he has played) ... is getting called fossil and old such-and-such and maybe a couple of other words I cant describe in here, Thompson said.A clear key to that longevity is how well Thompson takes care of himself.Asked if he has the best rig at the Crows, the impressively built midfielder smiled and answered probably.He joked about doing weights: I stare at them and they lift themselves.Thompson continued the banter when asked how much pride he took in helping younger midfielders step up since Patrick Dangerfields departure to Geelong.Thats all my doing - seriously, it is, he said.More seriously, Thompson said the development of teammates such as the Crouch brothers and Jarryd Lyons was testament to the clubs coaching.And he hopes his faultless workrate will remain an example long after he eventually retires.In this club, I would like to walk away leaving some form of legacy that I worked hard, got the best out of myself, taught other players good habits, he said.Authentic NHL Jerseys . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. NHL Jerseys . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. https://www.cheapnhljerseysjustwholesale.com/ . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Alaina Coates thinks she and post partner Aja Wilson have picked up right where they left off -- and thats a bad sign for No. 3 South Carolinas opponents.I pretty much feel like were back to where we were, Coates said.Theyd get no arguments from Maine after the Gamecocks ran off to a 79-42 victory on Monday night in the Basketball Hall of Fame Womens Challenge.The 6-foot-5 Wilson had 14 points on 7-of-8 shooting while 6-4 Coates had 12 points and 14 rebounds. The two did about whatever they wanted most of the way against the undersized, young Black Bears (2-3).Theyre good, Maine coach Richard Barron said. What else can you say?The Gamecocks (3-0) used their defense to make quick work of Maine, starting on a 15-0 run, then outscoring their opponents 13-0 to open the third quarter. South Carolina eventually grew the lead to 41 points in the final period.Freshman Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, at 6-2 the primary post backup for Wilson and Coates, added 13 points on 5-of-8 shooting and picked up eight boards.South Carolina coach Dawn Staley said when Coates and Wilson play with efficiency and speed, it helps in teaching Herbert Harrigan the right way to play.When she sees our two bigs clicking like that, it kind of becomes contagious, Staley said. She had a pretty good basketball game.The Gamecocks outrebounded Maine 42-27 while Wilson had four of their five blocked shots. Coates swatted away the other.South Carolinas two high-profile transfers, Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray, also finished in double figures with 10 points each. Julie Brosseau had 11 points, including three 3-pointers, to lead the Black Bears.BIG PICTUREMaine: The Black Bears opened with a surprise win at Purdue, but lost for the third time in the past four games. They dont have the size to match up with teams like No. 7 Mississippi State (a 44-point loss on Nov. 12) or the third-ranked Gamecocks. But Maine, which starts four freshmen, showed off some shooting touch in a 59-43 win over St. Cheap NHL Jerseys. Peters on Sunday night. Laia Sole, who scored 16 points in the St. Peters win, was named the American East rookie of the week for the second straight time this season.Whats it like starting four freshmen? Its a little bit better than starting five, Maines Barron said.South Carolina: The Gamecocks wont go wrong going inside this season to Wilson and Coates. Coates had 10 points and 12 rebounds by halftime to collect her second double-double of the season and 44th of her career.POLL IMPLICATIONSSouth Carolina will have one more tune up on Tuesday night before things get serious when it faces No. 4 Louisville on Sunday. Lose that one and count on the Gamecocks to tumble from the top five.YOUNG GAMECOCKSAfter taking its big lead, South Carolina played several young players in the final quarter like Herbert Harrigan, Victoria Patrick, Araion Bradshaw and Tyasha Harris, all freshmen. Staley said the group has to get experience because the Gamecocks have only four juniors or seniors returning with significant experience Wilson, Coates, point guard Bianca Cuevas-Moore and guard Tiffany Davis.We may need the young players at some point this season, Staley said.STREAK ENDERWilson set a school record on Sunday night, going 14 of 14 from the foul line in defeating Hampton 92-38. Could Wilson keep it going? No as she missed her first free throw against Maine and finished 0-2 at the line.UP NEXTMaine takes on Hampton here at the Colonial Life Arena on Tuesday night as part of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Challenge.South Carolina finishes a three-game homestand on Tuesday, facing St. Peters as part of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Challenge. ' ' '