for us.UP NEXTAthletics: LHP Ross Detwiler will be making his sixth start since being called up from Triple- | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 9 '19
(Sports Network) - Toronto outfielder Melky Cabrera will receive his World Series ring tonight when the Blue Jays kick off a brief two-game series against the San Francisco Giants at Rogers Centre. China Jerseys For Sale . Cabrera, of course, was in the midst of his best year as a pro and was named the MVP of last years All Star game a season ago with the Giants, However, he was suspended for 50 games for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug on Aug. 15 and was left off the teams postseason roster. He also disqualified himself for the NL batting title. Cabrera was hitting .346 at the time of the suspension. "Im appreciative of him being here and playing hard every day," San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. "Whats happened, happened. Thats behind us. I do know hes a good person, he is, and he was, a good teammate. I will thank him for that." Cabrera, who signed a 2-year $16 million deal with the Jays this offseason, is only batting .261 with 12 RBI and 13 runs scored this season. "Im going to play my game like I always do," said Cabrera, whos hitting .333 over his last 10 games. "I know Im going to see a lot of my friends there, and Im going to say hi to those guys, but Ive got to continue to play the game I have been doing so far." The Cabrera storyline will overshadow a pretty solid pitching matchup between two Cy Young Award winners in R.A. Dickey and Barry Zito. Dickey, who won the NL Cy Young Award with the New York Mets last year, has gone 0-3 with a 5.76 ERA over his last four starts and is a mere 2-5 on the year with a 5.06 ERA. The right-handed knuckleballer did not get a decision against the ALs reigning Cy Young Award winner, David Price, and the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday, as he gave up three runs (2 earned) and five hits in six innings of his teams 5-4 loss. "Im falling into the pattern of a traditional knuckleballer where theres less than a hit per inning but you have a lot of walks and you have some strikeouts," Dickey said after that outing. "Thats really not my personality with the pitch normally. Im much more efficient usually. "Ive got to try and figure out a way to repeat my delivery in a way that will allow me to throw more strikes, because thats who I am as a knuckleballer, and I need to get back to that and stick my face in there and try to figure it out." The Giants, meanwhile, will counter with lefty Barry Zito, who is 3-1 with a 2.75 ERA. Zito has allowed one run or less in every outing this season except one when he was roughed up for nine runs in 2 2/3 innings. He did not get a decision on Wednesday against Philadelphia, despite a solid showing that saw him surrender one run and four hits in seven innings. Zito, an AL Cy Young Award winner back in 2002 with Oakland, is 5-3 lifetime versus the Jays with a 3.50 ERA in 11 starts. San Francisco, which has won 10 of its last 13 games overall, is 8-4 all-time versus the Blue Jays. China Jerseys Knockoff . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. China Jerseys Quality . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. http://www.chinajerseyspaypal.com/ .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. OAKLAND,Calif. -- Raul Alcantara tried to be perfect in his major league debut and it didnt go well at all.So his next time the Oakland Athletics 23-year-old rookie just tried to be himself. Though Alcantara wasnt involved in the decision, he pitched much better.Ketel Marte hit a tiebreaking single in the ninth inning and the Seattle Mariners beat the As 3-2 Sunday for their fifth straight win.Alcantara allowed two runs, seven hits, one walk and a hit batter in 5 2/3 innings.In his major league debut Wednesday, he became the first As pitcher to hit three batters and issue a balk in one game since Howard Ehmke did it in 1930.He left Sundays game to an ovation from fans and was greeted by fist bumps in the As dugout.I focused on pitching my game and not making the perfect pitch like last time, Alcantara said through a translator.Mike Zunino hit a two-run homer off a slider Alcantara left over the middle of the plate in the top of the second inning.It was just another at-bat where I felt like I got to two strikes pretty quick, but he showed me the slider early and I was able to lay off of it, and he threw another one that was in the zone and up, Zunino said. I was just able to get up in the zone and barrel it.That was the only big mistake the right-hander made on the day, according to As catcher Stephen Vogt.He has an electric fastball, his changeup is a plus pitch and he threw some good breaking balls, too, Vogt said. I think the stuff is really, really good, its definitely an indication of what we thought and what I thought going into this week it would be.Alcantaras outing was especially important from a development standpoint.Its huge, especially coming off a bad start in his debut, to come back and hold a team like that to two runs, Vogt said.The Mariners remained 3 1/2 games behind in the AL wild-card race.Marte had three hits and Zunino also doubled for Seattle.Zunino doubled off Ryan Madson (5-5) to begin the ninth and pinch runner Ben Gameel moved up on a single by Leonys Martin. China Jerseys NFL Authentic. Marte followed with his go-ahead single.Steve Cishek (3-6) pitched a scoreless eighth. Edwin Diaz closed for his 15th save.Mariners starter James Paxton had his first quality start in more than a month, allowing two runs on five hits and two walks in six innings.BUTLER RELEASEDOakland released designated hitter Billy Butler. The 30-year-old right-handed hitter was in the second year of a three-year $30 million contract. He was batting .276 with four home runs and 31 RBI in 85 games this year. Butler hopes to catch on with another team sometime before next season. He acknowledged he probably wasnt a good fit for the platoon-oriented As. You dont have the type of at-bats I have in the big leagues with the type of success I have for not being able to hit both sides, Butler said. I feel I can bring that to a team at a championship level and Ive proven that.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: 1B Adam Lind left the in the fifth inning with a finger sprain, manager Scott Servais said. Its not broke, Servais said. He had X-rays. He could be out a couple days and well see where it goes from there.Athletics: RHP Sonny Gray, on the disabled list since Aug. 7 with a right forearm strain, threw about 10-12 pitches off a mound on Sunday, As manager Bob Melvin said. The 2015 All-Star is hoping to be activated before the end of the year, but Melvin said the As will be cautious before making such a move.Itd be nice to get him into a game, but I wouldnt say its the most important thing in the world, Melvin said. His health is the most important thing for us.UP NEXTAthletics: LHP Ross Detwiler will be making his sixth start since being called up from Triple-A Nashville on Aug. 10 in a series opener in Kansas City. He allowed one run in seven innings of three-hit ball in his last start on Aug. 31. ' ' '