NEXT:Pacers: Host Golden State on the second night of a back-to-back featuring last seasons Western Con | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 9 '19
FORT BRAGG, N. Mets Jerseys 2019 .C. -- Alex Burnett felt a familiar thrill of getting to see the Atlanta Braves he had rooted for since he was a kid on the field. It meant even more with the Braves playing the Miami Marlins in an historic game at Fort Bragg -- where the Sgt. 1st Class Burnett is stationed with the 82nd Airborne Division.Ive been watching the Atlanta Braves play since I was 12 years old back when they were playing at Fulton-County Stadium in Atlanta, and just to see this team come out here and do this for us, its just overwhelming, the Atlanta native said Sunday. We cant be thankful enough.One of 162 regular-season games for both teams, it had much more significance as the first regular-season game of a major professional sport played on an active military installation. The Marlins won 5-2.It was just an unbelievable experience, Braves interim manager Brian Snitker said. Were going to take nothing but really good memories away from the night.The game capped a busy day for players and Major League Baseball officials long before the Braves and Marlins began play on a field that didnt even exist roughly four months earlier, when MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred promised a unique event in honor of the military for the Fourth of July holiday weekend.By Sunday evening, it looked the part, with soldiers mingling with players around the edge of the field during batting practice. While Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton autographed a couple of baseballs, Marlins hitting coach Barry Bonds stood a few feet away near the dugout shaking hands and posing for photos with soldiers.As the first pitch drew near, soldiers unfurled a giant American flag in the outfield for the singing of the national anthem. That was punctuated by four Army helicopters staging a low diamond-formation flyover from beyond the centerfield wall to the newly constructed press box to roars from the crowd filling the temporary bleachers around the field.They brought baseball to these soldiers, said Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend, the commander of the sprawling U.S. Army post in the sandhills of North Carolina.Bragg and MLB officials had worked since March to build the stadium on the site of an abandoned former golf course. The $5 million project was financed by MLB and the players association to create a ballpark with temporary seating holding 12,500, with a reported attendance Sunday night of 12,582.Workers laid Bermuda grass sod, followed by the field, in May. The project also included a drainage system that will remove 8 to 10 inches of water per hour. It looked like it would get a workout with rain forecast into the evening, but conditions remained dry all night.The final product was a field that players association executive director Tony Clark said looks like its been here forever. Afterward, the bleachers will be removed and the field will be converted into use for recreational play.When I got here and saw it for the first time in person, I have to say I was just blown away by the quality of the field itself, Manfred said. The playing surface, the quality of the scoreboard, just the overall feel of the facility was really beyond what I expected.Players and MLB officials also made several stops around the Army post. Players visited a parachute packing facility. Manfred, Clark and MLB chief baseball officer Joe Torre went to the Fisher House, which provides military families with housing close to loved ones during hospitalizations.During that stop, Manfred, Torre and Clark met people whose family members had used the facility. When one woman told them she didnt follow baseball all that closely and thought at least one game she attended was quite long, Torre was quick with a quip.If you have a complaint, the Hall of Famer said, pointing to Manfred, heres the commissioner of baseball.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap Bartolo Colon Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Tim Teufel Jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. https://www.cheapmetsjerseys.us/640l-fernando-tatis-jersey-mets.html . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. OKLAHOMA CITY -- Indiana coach Nate McMillan wrote an instruction on the white board in the Pacers locker room Sunday: Scrap.Jeff Teague did just that, scoring eight of his 30 points in overtime, harassing Russell Westbrook defensively all night and lifting the short-handed Pacers to a 115-111 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.It was Indianas first road victory of the season and it came without star forward Paul George, who missed his second straight game with a sore left ankle.Youve got to fight for everything, McMillan said. I thought the guys tonight, we did that. We were without a couple of players, but the guys in uniform came out and played the game the right way. They played hard and we got our first road win.Oklahoma Citys Russell Westbrook had his fifth triple-double of the season -- as many as the rest of the NBA combined -- with 31 points, 15 assists and 11 rebounds, but went 13 of 34 from the field. Westbrook calmly used an expletive to describe the way he played.We just wasnt ready, he said. Just wasnt ready tonight, starting with myself. ... I could have did a lot of things better, man. Got to come out and be ready to play. Tonight I felt like I let my guys down all around. Ive got to be better.Teague matched his season scoring high and added nine assists and six steals. He hit two free throws with 4.6 seconds left in regulation to put the Pacers up three.Westbrook hit a 3-pointer with 2.4 seconds left to tie it for the Thunder and Glenn Robinson III missed a well-guarded 10-footer at the buzzer, forcing overtime.Teagues 3-pointer in the opening minute of overtime put the Pacers ahead for good. With 1:09 left, he converted a three-point play to make it 113-107, and he hit two free throws with 19.1 seconds left to put Indiana up 115-111. He said the Pacers werent flustered after Westbrooks tying 3-pointer at the end of regulation and that McMillan told his team just to go win the game.We had nothing to lose there, Teague said. We knew they were going to make some plays, so we just have to go out and win the game.Six Pacers scored in double figures and two of them had double-doubles -- Robinson with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Thaddeus Young with 20 points and 11 rebounds. New York Mets Store. Myles Turner just missed another with 15 points and nine rebounds.Enes Kanter added 16 points for the Thunder.Oklahoma City rallied from a 15-point second-half deficit to force overtime but wasnt able to recover from a dismal third quarter in which it missed 12 of its first 13 shots and went 4 of 17 from the field.TIP-INS:Pacers: Robinson III made his first start of the season in place of George (ankle) and C.J. Miles (knee), who also sat out due to injury. ... Another forward, Kevin Seraphin, also missed the game with a sore left knee ... Teague matched his career high with six steals.Thunder: Oklahoma City saw its Northwest Division lead shrink to a half-game over Portland. ... The Thunder ended a stretch during which they played eight out of nine games at home. ... The overtime was the second of the season for Oklahoma City, which beat Phoenix on Oct. 28 after an extra period.GEORGE, MILES OUT:George missed his third game, and his second in a row, since spraining his left ankle against Philadelphia on Nov. 11, while the player whos started in his place, Miles, sat out with a sore left knee that he hurt on Friday in a loss to Phoenix.Both players underwent MRIs on Saturday and while the results were negative for structural damage, McMillan said George and Miles would also be out for Mondays home game against Golden State, and then will be reassessed to determine their availability for Wednesdays game against Atlanta.QUOTABLE:I have been waiting on my opportunity, just working hard the whole offseason. This guy (Seraphin) told me a couple of days ago, literally, `Be ready. You never know. Then I walk in the gym and (George) is out, C.J. is hurt and I got to step up. I am just proud of this whole team for sticking together and fighting even though we are a couple of men down. -- Robinson on his performance.UP NEXT:Pacers: Host Golden State on the second night of a back-to-back featuring last seasons Western Conference finalists.Thunder: At the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night to start a three-game trip. ' ' '