shooting percentage. San Antonio is ranked sec | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 10 '19
NEW YORK -- On the same day they honored several heroes of the past, a new era of New York Yankees baseball began with a bang. Cheap Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys .Tyler Austin and Aaron Judge, who were called up by the Yankees from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre prior to Saturdays game against the Tampa Bay Rays, delivered back-to-back home runs in their first major league at-bats during the second inning of an 8-4 victory at Yankee Stadium.Austin and Judge are the first pair of teammates in baseball history to accomplish the feat, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.You cant draw it up any better when you call up two young players, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said.With two out in the second, Austin drove a 2-2, 92 mph fastball from Rays right-hander Matt Andriese just over the 314 sign in right field, which prompted both Austin and Girardi to pump their fists in celebration.I dont think I couldve asked for anything better, Austin said. Its pretty awesome.Shortly after, Judge followed with a mammoth blast when he drilled a 1-2, 87 mph changeup from Andriese off the batters eye glass in center field.What a day, Judge said. Thats all I can really say.According to ESPNs home run tracking data, Judges towering homer traveled 457 feet with an exit velocity of 109 mph. It tied for the fourth-longest home run ever hit at Yankee Stadium, behind Raul Ibanez (477 feet), Alex Rodriguez (460 feet) and Carlos Correa (459 feet). Mark Trumbo also hit a 457-foot shot.On Friday, Rodriguez, who has 696 career home runs -- trailing only Babe Ruth (714), Hank Aaron (755) and Barry Bonds (762) -- played his final game as a Yankee. Rodriguez was officially released before Saturdays game.Prior to Saturdays game, the Yankees honored their 1996 World Series championship team. Players in attendance included Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada.Austin and Judge each finished with two hits in four at-bats. The duo had combined for 32 homers this season for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Austin 13, Judge 19).Judge, 24, has long been considered one of the top prospects in New Yorks farm system, while Austin, also 24, has had to overcome several injuries and other setbacks to get to this point. Judge, a 6-foot-7 slugger who general manager Brian Cashman said will become the teams every-day right fielder, was ranked as the No. 23 overall prospect in Keith Laws midseason rankings. Austin will play a reserve outfield/first-base role behind Mark Teixeira, Cashman said.The players found out they were getting called up in different ways. Austin learned of his promotion before the RailRiders road game Friday in Rochester, New York, while Judge was eating dinner with his parents after the game. Scranton manager Al Pedrique, who also happened to be having a meal there, approached Judge around midnight with the good news.He kind of walked up and said, You guys better hurry up. This guys gotta be in New York for a game tomorrow, Judge said. It kind of took me by surprise. I wasnt expecting that at all. I was just glad my family was able to be there and enjoy that moment.Both players planned to give Saturdays home run balls to their families.Judge did not get into New York until 6 a.m. Saturday. He got the opportunity after Yankees left fielder Brett Gardner injured his ankle Friday and wasnt going to be available. Gardner is day-to-day.I felt bad because theyre up in Rochester, but with it being Judges first call-up, hes not going to sleep anyway, Cashman said. Its a 1:25 p.m. first pitch. Thank God hes young, because if it were me, Id be a zombie right now. With the adrenaline, hell bounce back, and hopefully thatll be enough for him to enjoy the day.The Yankees, known in past years for their lavish spending on superstar talent, shifted gears at the trade deadline by unloading?Carlos Beltran, Aroldis Chapman and Andrew Miller and adding several prospects to their system.Their youth movement got off to a strong start Saturday.Theres a lot of excitement that they have, and probably rightfully so, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. Judge definitely looks the part. If he wasnt playing baseball, it looks like he should be a defensive end somewhere. Hes massive. Hes bigger than [Giancarlo] Stanton. Cheap New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Cheap Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. https://www.cheapjerseys-wholesalechina.com/ . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. LOS ANGELES -- The improved Los Angeles Lakers play host to the San Antonio Spurs in a matchup of two of the NBAs top offensive teams and best defensive clubs on Friday night at Staples Center.The Spurs (9-3) are riding a four-game winning streak after a 110-105 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night. Ex-Laker Pau Gasol led the way for San Antonio with a season-high 24 points and nine rebounds. Gasol will face his former team for the first time in a Spurs uniform.The Lakers (7-5), who have won three of their last four games, will face an obvious and early challenge against the Spurs, annually one of the leagues top teams. After dropping consecutive contests to the Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets at home more than a week ago, the Spurs responded with consecutive wins over the Detroit Pistons, the Rockets, the Miami Heat and the Kings.Were connecting with each other better, moving the ball better, said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who is tied with Larry Brown for seventh on the all-time NBA list for regular-season coaching victories at 1,098. Were improving.The Spurs are 6-0 on the road and have captured the last five contests against the Lakers, going 4-0 last season. Ball movement and contributions from several players sparked the Spurs recent surge.Forward Kawhi Leonard, again an early MVP candidate, is averaging 25 points per game and 2.4 steals (third best in the league). LaMarcus Aldridge is scoring 17.8 points per game and hitting 54.5 percent of his 3-point attempts.Were at our best when we move the ball, when we makee the defense work and we find the open guys, Gasol said. Cheap Green Bay Packers Jerseys. We get much better shots that way, and it pays off. It creates a flow and energy that carries over to the defensive end.The Spurs average 101.9 points on offense (19th in the NBA), but their defense is holding opponents to 96.8 points (fourth).The Lakers have emerged as one of the leagues top scoring teams. Los Angeles is ranked second in scoring at 110 points per game, trailing only the Golden State Warriors (117.4 points).Point guard DAngelo Russell scored a season-high 32 points and forward Julius Randle contributed a triple-double with 17 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists Wednesday in a 125-118 win over the Brooklyn Nets.The Lakers bench has been another strength, averaging a league-best 50.6 points. Reserve guard Lou Williams has been one of the main sparkplugs with a 15.6 scoring average.They have been great all year, so obviously were not going to complain about them, but even before the (Brooklyn) game I said I think the reason that they have so much success is because of how unselfish they play as a group, Lakers coach Luke Walton said of his reserves.Both clubs are among the leaders in 3-point shooting percentage. San Antonio is ranked second at 39.2 percent per game, with Los Angeles is tied for third with Golden State at 37.4 percent.The Spurs will be without center Dewayne Dedmon (left knee sprain), who is not traveling with the team. ' ' '