n his final regular-season home game, which prod | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 12 '19
Harmanpreet Kaur, a self-confessed social media addict, remembers being hooked to Cricket Australias Womens Big Bash League page to follow all the updates of the initial stages of the inaugural season. Fake Blackhawks Jerseys . A month later, in January 2016, she experienced the buzz from close quarters, when she toured with the Indian team for a limited-overs series.Later this year, she will get an opportunity to play in the tournament, after signing with WBBL champions Sydney Thunder for the upcoming season. The path-breaking deal makes her the first Indian cricketer, male or female, to feature in Australias Big Bash League.We knew it would be big, but didnt realise the WBBL would be such a huge hit until we got there earlier this year, Harmanpreet told ESPNcricinfo. Whichever venue we visited, there was a lot of talk about the tournament. That internally motivated a lot of us, and it got us thinking, Right, if we do well like Australia have on the global stage, there is a possibility of an IPL-style league for women. In many ways, the atmosphere and the sporting culture of Australia fired us up. Our T20 series win also boosted the morale of the entire team.Harmanpreet remembers watching the final of the inaugural WBBL from her hotel room in Adelaide, a couple of days ahead of Indias T20I series against the then Womens World T20 champions Australia. At the teams training session the following day, she was overwhelmed when her compatriots remarked that she was good enough to be playing in the tournament.Two days later, on Australia Day and Indias Republic Day, Harmanpreet proved why she was one of the most-improved players in the womens circuit when her unbeaten 31-ball 46 scripted India Womens highest chase in a T20I. Immediately after the knock, she received congratulatory messages from a number of franchises.That was when it dawned upon us that these performances were being noticed, because when I started, womens cricket was mainly about England, Australia and New Zealand, she said. On that tour, the vibe was different. Generally, foreign tours mean a quiet arrival, followed by training and matches. But this time during our tour, there was a real buzz. Television channels were seeking reactions; fans were at the ground in big numbers. We were being recognised. I think our series win there contributed towards a lot of our names being put forward on the franchise shortlists.Harmanpreet received offers from two other franchises, including Sydney Sixers, runners-up in the inaugural season, but said money wasnt the deciding factor. Opportunities were what I was looking for, she said. With just two overseas slots for foreign players, I was looking at sides where you have a chance to make XIs on a regular basis. With Thunder having just one overseas player, I thought thats where I could get maximum game time.Also, Stafanie Taylor, who will be my colleague there, is someone who I hugely admire. We started our careers around the same time, and being a fellow professional, Ive followed her a lot of late. The manner in which she has carried West Indies single-handedly has been inspirational. Both of us are allrounders, so Im looking forward to learning from her. The prospect of playing with Australias best is also exciting.Harmanpreet, who admires Australias aggressive style of play, picked out fitness over skill as one of the major differences between India and the other top nations. Being in a professional structure, she said, would offer an opportunity to study how different professionals go about their work.As a team, we havent played for four months since the World T20, so a lot of us are using this as an opportunity to work on our fitness, she said. What we noticed at the tournament was, skill-wise, we are at par with the top sides. Things like running between the wickets, close-in catching, power-hitting is something we are working on.Currently training in Pune under her personal coach, Harshal Pathak, Harmanpreets routine ranges from yoga and strength-training, to endurance activities such as rope walks and a cross-fit routine, apart from her four-hour net sessions. Being part of an all-women ad campaign aimed at promoting women empowerment in India, Harmanpreet says, gave her a new perspective on how much womens cricket has grown in India.It has grown leaps and bounds, but we arent able to sustain momentum, she said. We did well in Australia, and the momentum was carried into the World T20. There was expectation on us for the first time. Now, its been four months since we played. So, once again, we are back to building up to another event. Better scheduling will address that, but with the World Cup coming up next year, hopefully that will be addressed. Hopefully, a few others also playing in the WBBL will give us that much more exposure and make us a better team. Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys . LOUIS -- St. Chicago Blackhawks Pro Shop . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. https://www.cheapblackhawks.com/ . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. CHICAGO -- Has a backup catcher ever been honored as he approached his retirement as much as Chicago Cubs backstop David Ross? This time it was Cubs fans who kept the party going -- along with good friend Jon Lester?-- two days after the team honored him.Ross received four standing ovations and two curtain calls on Sunday night during the Cubs 3-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals while Lester orchestrated a surprise mid-inning visit by manager Joe Maddon to give his catcher a moment in the spotlight.What a treat for a backup catcher to get, Ross said after the win, the Cubs 99th of the season and record 57th at home. Just overcome with emotion.It began in the second inning when Ross came to the plate for the first time in the game. The crowd gave him a standing ovation while Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina showed a lot of class, according to Ross, allowing the moment to linger by walking halfway to the mound. Standing ovation No. 2 came in the fifth, again before Ross stepped into the batters box. This time he homered, breaking a scoreless tie and sending 40,859 fans into a frenzy. Curtain call No.1 came moments later.I felt like I floated around the bases, Ross said smiling.Maddon added: It was just fitting David would hit a home run, isnt it? It had to happen tonight.It was Ross 10th home run this season, his most since 2007. The Hollywood script didnt end there, as his final plate appearance came in the sixth inning -- but with a runner on second base and the pitcher due up, the Cardinals decided to intentionally walk him. Standing ovation No.3 quickly turned into boos as Ross took four balls and walked to first base.Usually the fans are cheering when they intentionally walk me, Ross joked.Meanwhile, Lester was mowing the Cardinals down in his quest to win the National League Cy Young Award. He was leading 2-0, getting two quick outs in the seventh inning while barely reaching 80 pitches when Maddon made a walk to the mound. Was he really taking Lester out before he could finish the inning? He was actually there to pull Ross, as the manager and Lester had hatched a plan the day before to giive their catcher a proper send-off. Chicago Blackhawks Shirts. I felt like that was going to be the best time for people to really recognize him, Lester explained. Theres not many backup catchers in this game that get that. I really wanted to do something that was special to him and special to me ... When Joe came out there, you can tell Rossy was pretty heated [thinking Maddon was pulling Lester]. He was ready to let him hear it about where I was [with] my pitch [count].Ross confirmed he was angry at first. He had no idea it was all about him.Im like, Why is he taking Jon out? Ross said. Im kind of getting pissed.Lester continued: Its like the kid in the candy story when you tell him he can pick out whatever he wants. The disbelief in his face as he slams the face mask back down, [emotionally] saying, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys.Then, Ross walked off the field to standing ovation No.4, followed by curtain call No.2. The water works took over from there. Ross was seen crying in the dugout on more than one occasion.How about Rossy, Lester said in summing up the night. He only cried about three times.The two close friends are likely to take the field together the next time the Cubs play at Wrigley, as that will be Game 1 of the divisional round of the playoffs on Oct. 7. As Lesters personal catcher, Ross and the Cubs lefty have combined to produce a magical season for Lester, who improved to 19-4 with a 2.28 ERA after Sundays game.?I thought Jon was fantastic again, Maddon said. Definitely making a strong case for the award. One win away from 20 wins and very close to 200 innings.Lester likely will get more than enough attention next month when he leads the Cubs into the postseason, but Sunday was about his 39-year-old reserve catcher playing in his final regular-season home game, which produced plenty of emotional moments. A home run, four standing ovations and two curtain calls will do that.I couldnt write it any better, Ross said, undoubtedly between tears. ' ' '