e has been, and hes getting results.Mackanin added that Franco is real close to resembling the player | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 14 '19
OAKLAND, Calif. Football Jerseys Outlet . -- Marcus Semien rounded third base on Josh Reddicks 10th-inning infield single, and Reddicks first thought was disbelief.Then Semien slid home for the game-ending run not long after Oakland wasted a big opportunity in the ninth.Semien scored from second base on Reddicks two-out infield single to lift the As to a 4-3 win over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.It was a really good game for us, manager Bob Melvin said. There was a lot of fight tonight, for sure. A lot of good things transpired.The As rallied from three runs down and trailed 3-2 before Coco Crisps tying double off Astros closer Will Harris in the ninth.After the Astros stranded the bases loaded in the top of the 10th, Reddick won it with the sixth walkoff hit of his career.Semien singled with two outs off Pat Neshek (2-2) and stole second. Yonder Alonso walked before Reddick singled to deep shortstop. Houstons Carlos Correa fielded the ball cleanly but threw wide of home as Semien slid safely in with the winning run.I was wondering why he was going and being sent in the first place, Reddick said of Semien. Then I saw the throw and I was like `Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think hed agree he had no business going. But sometimes you have to push the issue, and it worked.Crisp finished with two hits while Ryon Healy added two hits and two RBI for the As. Oakland has won four of five since the All-Star break.Jose Altuve matched his career-high with four hits while George Springer hit his career-high 21st home run for the Astros.Definitely a winnable game, Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. Really this game was more about us not being able to close the game out. Late in the game it never felt like we had enough runs and it turned out we didnt.Mark Rzepczynski (1-0) got the last out in the top of the 10th for the win.Houston starter Dallas Keuchel took a shutout into the seventh before giving up consecutive one-out hits to Billy Butler and Jake Smolinksi. Healy followed with a two-run double off reliever Ken Giles to pull the As to 3-2.Oakland tied the game in the ninth with back-to-back doubles by Stephen Vogt and Crisp. Crisp thought he had homered and slowed rounding second before getting caught in a rundown.Altuve padded his majors-leading hit total with his sixth four-hit game of the season. Houstons All-Star second baseman singled in the first, doubled and scored in the third and tripled and scored in the fifth. He struck out looking in the eighth and singled again in the 10th.Keuchel allowed two runs and five hits over 6 1/3 innings. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner, who beat the As in his final start before the All-Star break, struck out six and walked three.A STEP FORWARDAs starter Daniel Overton, who was called up from Triple-A Nashville before the game, allowed three runs over 6 1/3 innings. The rookie left-hander struck out six and didnt walk a batter for the first time in three career starts.ROAD WARRIORAltuves three hits raised his AL-leading average to .352 and extended his road hitting streak to 18 games. The diminutive infielder has also reached safely in 34 consecutive road games, the second-longest streak in Astros history.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: Rich Hills status remains in limbo because of a blister on the middle finger of his left hand. Hill left his most recent start Sunday after throwing just five pitches. ... RHP Andrew Triggs was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a bruised left shin. ... INF Tyler Ladendorf was optioned to Triple-A Nashville and LHP Daniel Coulombe was called up from the minors.UP NEXTAstros: RHP Doug Fister (9-6) pitches the finale Wednesday afternoon at the Coliseum and has two wins and a 1.31 ERA in three starts against Oakland this season.Athletics: RHP Daniel Mengden makes his second start against the Astros this season. He allowed six runs over 4 2/3 innings but took a no-decision in Houston on July 8. Wholesale Jerseys For Sale . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. NFL Store Online . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. http://www.cheapnfljerseyswholesale.com/ . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. PHILADELPHIA -- New York Mets right-hander Jacob deGrom established himself as a rising star last season.Philadelphia Phillies rookie righty Zach Eflin is just beginning to establish himself, period.The two pitchers square off Sunday afternoon, when the Mets and Phillies play the rubber game of their three-game series in Citizens Bank Park.DeGrom (5-4, 2.61) has recently begun to show the dominating form he displayed last year, when he went 14-8 with a 2.54 ERA during the regular season and 3-1 with a 2.88 ERA in four postseason starts for the National League champions.He has gone 2-0 with a 1.35 ERA and 20 strikeouts (compared to four walks) in 20 innings over his last three starts, and his last time out he worked seven innings in a 4-2 victory over Miami. He allowed two runs on six hits while striking out seven and walking two.He escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first inning unscathed, and thereafter only allowed solo homers to Giancarlo Stanton in the fourth and sixth innings.(I feel) better than where I started, deGrom said afterward, according to Major League Baseballs official web site. Things are starting to come back, and I was pretty happy about today.He is 3-0 with a 3.03 ERA in six career starts against the Phillies, and the Mets have won all six of those outings.Eflin (2-2, 4.08) was hit hard by Toronto in his first major league start, on June 14, allowing nine runs (eight earned) on nine hits in 2 2/3 innings, but since then he has gone 2-1 with a 2.20 ERA. He earned his first major league victory on July 5, going the distance to beat Atlanta 5-1, then followed that up with a 10-3 victory in Colorado five days later.Over his last two starts, he has gone 15 innings and yielded three runs on 13 hits while striking out nine and walking two.You just cant live in the past, Eflin said of his bouncebaack, according to MLB. Clearance NFL Shop. com. Youve just always got to have your head high. I learn after every outing and I learned a lot after that one (against the Rockies). Ive done a good job of just keeping the ball down and throwing all of the pitches for strikes and keeping the hitters guessing.The Mets won the series opener 5-3, but the Phillies answered with a 4-2 victory Saturday night, as Maikel Franco drove in the go-ahead run with a seventh-inning single.Franco is hitting .370 over his last 18 games, raising his average from .235 to .265, and has 17 RBI in his last 15. His 18 homers and 54 RBI lead the team and are third among major league third basemen, and on Saturday he blooped the first pitch he saw from Mets reliever Hansel Robles -- a 97 mph fastball -- into left field to snap a 2-2 tie.I know it was a good situation for me, Franco said. I just want to put the ball in play. Something good happened, and Im glad something good happened for me, and for my team, too.Franco had shown considerable promise in his first extended big league trial in 2015, hitting .280 with 14 homers and 50 RBI in 80 games, but found himself in the throes of a frustrating slump earlier this season.That is now behind him.He looks like hes staying on the ball better, manager Pete Mackanin said. Hes fouling off some tough pitches to right field. Hes just not flying off the ball like he has been, and hes getting results.Mackanin added that Franco is real close to resembling the player he was a year ago.Hes going to have a good year, Mackanin said. I think hes only going to get better as the season goes along.The Phillies have won 11 of their last 15 games, while the Mets have dropped four of five. ' ' '