e Buckeyes and Huskies each have a full week to prepare | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 14 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- All-Star outfielder Ian Desmond has turned down a $17. Horace Grant Jersey .2 million qualifying offer from the Texas Rangers.The Rangers announced Monday that Desmond had turned down the qualifying offer. The free agent can still negotiate with the AL West champions.If Desmond signs with another club before the amateur draft next June, the Rangers would receive a draft pick as compensation at the end of the first round.Desmond last winter turned down a $15.8 qualifying offer from the Washington Nationals, the team for which he was a shortstop the previous seven seasons. Desmond signed an $8 million, one-year deal with Texas during spring training and converted to the outfield.Desmond hit .285 with 22 homers and 86 RBI in 156 games for Texas. Elfrid Payton Jersey . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Mike Miller Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. https://www.cheapmagiconline.com/598i-scott-skiles-jersey-magic.html . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Trevor Thompsons matching double-double -- 17 points and 17 rebounds -- pushed Ohio State past Connecticut, 64-60 on Saturday night.Jalen Adams made a 3-pointer with 26 seconds left and converted a 3-point play eight seconds later to pull UConn within three, but Ohio States Marc Loving hit a free throw put the lead back to four. The Huskies missed their final three shots.Thompson averaged 10.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 20 minutes of play. He played for 30 minutes and reached a career high in points and rebounds. Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie described Thompsons presence as a monster.(I) definitely came into tonight with a chip on my shoulder after how I played and what happened last year (against Connecticut), Thompson said. I told myself before the game that I wanted revenge and payback. Thats what my mind was on.Thompson was primarily a starter last year, but has come off the bench in each of OSUs 10 games. Coach Thad Matta said that, despite mental things, Thompsons play has improved from a season ago.It just seems like hes calmed down a little bit more and has got a good focus about how hes playing and what hes doing, Matta said. Hes starting to get a little more instinctive, especially on the defensive end, which is good to see.UConn shot 54.2 percent from the field in the first 20 minutes, including 4 of 9 from 3. Adams hit a 3-pointer at the first-half buzzer to take a 34-32 lead into halftime, despite 10 team turnovers.UConns Vance Jackson was 0 for his last 10 shots and 2 for his previous 18 coming into the game, but the Buckeyes had no answers for him and he scored nine of his 12 points in the first half.I felt like he was real aggresssive, Ollie said. Jason Williams Jersey. . I could see him looking for his shot. Our guys were looking for him.After the under-eight timeout, UConn guard Rodney Purvis nailed a 3-pointer to end a team field-goal drought of more than five minutes. After the two teams traded baskets and were tied at 54, OSU began an 8-0 run that ended up being the difference.JaQuan Lyle, who had 16 points and only one turnover, converted six straight from the line down the stretch.Adams led UConn with 19 points.BIG PICTUREOhio State: Coach Thad Mattas team was able to close out a win following a disappointing loss on Tuesday to mid-major Florida Atlantic. The Buckeyes came into the game as one of the worst teams from the free throw line, but made 7 of 8 in the final two minutes and shot 76 percent.They were down to seven players tonight and we wanted to go at them and put ourselves in that position to get to the line, Matta said.Connecticut: The Huskies lost their fifth game of the season in the fewest number of games since Kevin Ollie took over as head coach in 2012. UConns poor shooting showed in the second half, just 35.5 percent from the field. What hurt the Huskies more than anything was a lack of ball control and foul trouble.Its just a scene. Its not the movie. Weve been through this before. Our guys have been through this before.UP NEXTThe Buckeyes and Huskies each have a full week to prepare for their next games. OSU competes in the CBS Sports Classic against No. 2 UCLA in Las Vegas on Dec. 17. UConn hosts the North Florida Ospreys in Storrs, Connecticut, on Dec. 18. ' ' '