was huge, then I tried to focus on my serve which | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 14 '19
PRAGUE -- Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova was injured by a knife-wielding attacker at her home Tuesday?and had to undergo surgery on her left hand. Tim Hardaway Jersey .An operation that took 3 hours and 45 minutes revealed that the left-handed players injuries were serious, but theres no reason to think she wouldnt be able to play tennis, her spokesman Karel Tejkal said.Kvitova will, however, miss the Australian Open and a significant part of the season as she wont be able to fully train for at least three months, Tejkal said.Kvitova suffered damage to the tendons in her left hand, along with injuries to all five fingers and two nerves, Tejkal added.The 2011 and 2014 champion at the All England Club said she considered herself lucky to have survived the attack Tuesday morning in the eastern Czech Republic town of Prostejov.In an earlier statement on the Facebook page of the Czech Republics Fed Cup team, Kvitova said: What happened to me was certainly not pleasant, but its behind me. I have the best possible care and Im in touch with my loved ones. The worst is behind me.It was not immediately clear how the injury could affect Kvitovas play. She underwent surgery because of her condition and future career, said Tejkal, who described the incident as a burglary.?Prostejov police spokesman Frantisek Korinek said the attacker, a man who is about 35 years old, escaped from the scene and was at large. He said police have launched a manhunt.Kvitova was scheduled to participate in a charity event in the city of Brno on Tuesday with another Czech player, Lucie Safarova.Its horrible, Safarova told Czech public radio. Things like that are shocking to all of us. It can happen to any one of us. Thats really terrible.In April 1993, Monica Seles was at the height of her success when she was stabbed in the back during a changeover at a tournament in Hamburg, Germany. A man reached over a courtside railing and knifed her, leaving an inch-deep slit between her shoulder blades.Seles returned to the game 27 months later and reached the 1995 US Open final.In an unrelated move earlier Tuesday, Kvitova withdrew from the Czech Republic team at next months Hopman Cup mixed-team tennis tournament because of an earlier foot injury. Udonis Haslem Jersey . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Willie Burton Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. https://www.cheapheatonline.com/317h-dwyane-wade-jersey-heat.html . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. NEW YORK -- Britains Daniel Evans secured one of the biggest wins of his career by seeing off Germanys rising star Alexander Zverev in four sets to reach the third round of the US Open.The 26-year-old matched his best run at a Grand Slam with the 6-4, 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 victory over the teenager, who is ranked 28th and considered one of the brightest prospects in the game.Having progressed to the same stage here in 2013 and at Wimbledon earlier this summer, Evans sealed just his third win against a top-30 opponent and will now meet Stan Wawrinka, the two-time Grand Slam champion.Hopefully that wont be on Court 4, Evans said with a smile..Its going to be good fun. Obviously a bit like Wimbledon, had a good win and then played [Roger] Federer. It will be on a good court. Look forward to it. Never hit with him, never played against him. Its going to be interesting.I played pretty well tonight. But hes a big step up in class. Ive got to go out there, just like Wimbledon, believe I can win. But Im pretty realistic about it. Im nowhere near favourite to win that match.Evans victory ensured Britain will have three men in the third round at Flushing Meadows for the first time in 48 years, with Andy Murray and Kyle Edmund also through.Everyones doing pretty well at the minute, added Evans. It could easily have been different. Kyle played [Richard] Gasquet. I played [Rajeev] Ram. We both could lose those matches. Would have sat here with only Andy again.It just happens in certain tournaments, doesnt it, where you get through. Other tournaments, none get through. Likke this week, theres a feel-good factor. Daequan Cook Jersey. Me and Kedders ?[Kyle Edmund] have got tough matches now. See what we can do.As his breakthrough year continues, Evans is now projected to rise up in the rankings near the top 50.To be in the Masters is where the good points are, he added. Hopefully main draw of Paris at the end of the year, that was a small goal once I got through against Ram.?A few more matches here hopefully. Still got doubles, as well. Im enjoying it. Hopefully not here just before Davis Cup so I get to go on holiday! No, it would be a good problem.Britains Naomi Broady gave world No. 4 Agnieszka Radwanska a scare but was left to rue four missed set points in their second-round clash at the US Open.Having led 5-2 in the opening set, Broady was eventually beaten 7-6 (9), 6-3 on Louis Armstrong Stadium after rain delayed the start of the match until 6 p.m.Radwanska quipped that having to overcome Broady was much worse than the weather delay.Im so pleased I could come back in the first set, said the Pole. That was the key set. It was a lot of trouble, running, struggling, but two sets for me.She was serving unbelievable -- 120 [miles per hour] serves are not easy to get. Every break was huge, then I tried to focus on my serve which also was not easy. I was just a couple of points better today.Broady, who has climbed to 82 in the world, was playing in the second round of a major for just the second time. ' ' '