Marcus Davenport Jersey White | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Probleme mit dem Chat
Mitglied
linchao Dez 16 '19

By the time every NFL team has played eight games Womens Michael Thomas Jersey , there are some heavily established favorites for The Associated Press NFL awards that are handed out on Super Bowl eve.Not this year.MVP? Lots of candidates 鈥?and not just quarterbacks.Coach of the Year? Nearly every division has a contender.Comeback Player? Some likely Hall of Famers are in the mix there.So the AP polled a few of the 50 voters for the awards, including genuine Hall of Famer James Lofton. The theme was clear: There isn't much clarity as we head into the final eight weeks of the schedule.MVPThis honor has gone to a quarterback the past five seasons and 10 of 11. Two running backs, Adrian Peterson in 2012 and LaDainian Tomlinson in 2006, broke through the QB domination in the past dozen years.Lofton and some others select Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes."So good you just can't take your eyes off of him," the CBS analyst says."Maybe this opinion changes next week, given the stellar competition that includes (Todd) Gurley and (Drew) Brees," adds USA Today's Jarrett Bell. "Maybe not, as the kid keeps showing up. A first-year starter as quarterback? Hey, Mahomes is like the new Kurt Warner."Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News opts for Brees. Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk prefers Gurley.Don't forget about Tom Brady, Adam Thielen or Philip Rivers, and perhaps even a defensive force such as J.J. Watt.COACHAnother wide-open field headed by, according to Jenny Vrentas of Monday Morning Quarterback, Kansas City's Andy Reid."I selected Andy Reid ... for his ability to seamlessly transition from Alex Smith to Mahomes," Vrentas explains. "He's been so invested in Mahomes' development that he sits with him on the bench in between offensive series, going over what they see and how they'll attack the opponent next. Reid has demonstrated an ability to keep his offense fresh and tailored to his players, updating his West Coast system with spread concepts pulled from the college ranks."Bob Glauber of Newsday points to last year's winner, Sean McVay of the Rams."He's one of the brightest minds in the game, and at 32, is proving not only to be a brilliant play caller, but an exceptional leader as well," Glauber says.Not far behind in our little poll: the Saints' Sean Payton, the Texans' Bill O'Brien, the Bears' Matt Nagy, and the Chargers' Anthony Lynn Womens Drew Brees Jersey , whose team "plays a road game every week," Lofton notes.COMEBACK PLAYERRarely has there been such an impressive group vying for an award no one really wants to win considering the implications of a comeback.From Watt to Peterson to Aaron Rodgers, from Andrew Luck to Carson Wentz to Deshaun Watson, from Odell Beckham Jr. to Richard Sherman 鈥?WOW!"It's either Andrew Luck or Watt," says Williams, "but Watt has returned to being one of the best at his position. He is playing at an All-Pro and Pro Bowl level. Luck is not one of the top-five quarterbacks in the NFL and maybe not in the top 10."Eric Adelson of Yahoo Sports goes for the Colts quarterback."Can't imagine the frustration he's faced," Adelson says. "A pro's pro."Vrentas picks Watt."The surgery Watt had last October to put his leg back together after a tibial plateau fracture was so complicated that the surgeons couldn't even be certain that it would work, and that his leg would be able to bear the full weight of his body while running full speed," she explains. "Watt, who has nine sacks in nine games, was undeterred. He wasn't back to full strength in the season opener but has steadily gotten better each week, a scary thought for opponents."OFFENSIVE PLAYERAnother free-for-all, with Gurley, Mahomes, Thielen, Brees, Michael Thomas and James Conner getting consideration."Before it's done, he could wind up as MVP," Bell says of Gurley, his choice in this category. "Ditto for Brees. Running backs don't get the same love as quarterbacks in the pass-centric environment of the NFL. But if Gurley breaks LaDainian Tomlinson's single-season TD record and the Rams keep winning big, people will have to take notice. Then again, Brees has a few records and has never been MVP."Domowitch, a Brees supporter for MVP, puts Mahomes here. So does Williams.DEFENSIVE PLAYERThis category could be a two-horse race between a pair of thoroughbreds previously honored with the award: Aaron Donald and Watt."Now that's a man who don't need no stinking training camp Michael Thomas Jersey White ," Bell says of Donald.Eric Adelson of Yahoo Sports prefers Donald, as well."A game wrecker on every down," Adelson says.Adds Glauber: "Donald is a disruptive force in the middle and already has 10 sacks. The only problem for him 鈥?and the Rams 鈥?is that teams will often go to great lengths to shut him down. Thus, the constant double teams he has to fight through."Lofton likes what Khalil Mack has done in Chicago: "Mack turned the Bears from pretenders to contenders." But this train could be a runaway for Donald and Mack.OFFENSIVE ROOKIENo contest."He's the only good thing going for an awful Giants team," Glauber says of Giants RB Saquon Barkley. "Until the Giants figure out their quarterback situation, he'll be wasted in this offense."But not lost in the awards prognostications."On pace for more than 2,000 total yards 鈥?on a bad team," Adelson notes.DEFENSIVE ROOKIEChargers safety Derwin James has gotten lots of love, but there's no runaway leader."Darius Leonard and Denzel Ward make this an interesting race for the award down the stretch," Williams says.Glauber leans to Leonard: "Halfway through the season, he not only led all NFL rookies with 88 tackles, he led all NFL players in that category. He also has four sacks and three forced fumbles and has already won defensive rookie of the week honors twice."Life of a Saint: Tyrone Hughes October 23, 1994 – As the New Orleans Saints get set to take on the Los Angeles Rams in the Superdome, a camera pans through a sea of Saints scoured across the field during pregame warm-ups. The camera stops on phenom kick returner Tyrone Hughes as he sits on the turf, stretching his hamstrings. “I think I’m good for two today”, Hughes stated, predicting two returns for touchdowns in that game. Hughes set the stage for what would become one of the most remembered games in Saints history.But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.Life of a Saint: Tyrone HughesTo know Tyrone Hughes’ roots, you don’t have to travel far from the aforementioned Superdome. In fact, you’d have to head a few miles east to the Lower Ninth Ward. Prior to high school, Hughes would move a few minutes closer to the Dome into the Seventh Ward, eventually attending one of the highest NFL player producing high schools in the country in “St Aug”. Fate would eventually land the local product inside walls of the Superdome, playing as a Saint.The Early YearsIt didn’t take long for Tyrone Hughes to realize he stood out from his peers. “I wouldn’t say I was better, but as a young kid playing playground ball, I was always faster” https://www.thesaintslockerroom.com/authentic-tre_quan-smith-jersey , Hughes mentioned. His speed was not only known by the kids up the street at Hardin Park, but also the coaches of multiple sports. Hughes played on park ball teams, excelling in football, basketball, track and baseball. As ironic as it may be, Hughes started playing football in junior high school as a punter. Hughes stated, “That was really my first experience with older players.” While Hughes stated he did well, he noted that as he headed to St. Augustine High School, he was known more as a baseball prodigy than a football phenom. While the focus was on baseball, Hughes did find himself on the football roster as a junior in high school, still as a punter. About three games before the end of the season, the coaching staff decided to mix things up. “The defensive backs coach was also the baseball coach. He knew I was fast from stealing bases in baseball. He and the linebackers coach said, ‘Let’s put Tyrone back there to return a punt.’. They punted the ball to me and I returned it for a touchdown, but there was a flag. They had to re-punt. They punted to me again. I returned it for a touchdown.” A star was born. By the end of the season, Hughes would land himself on the “Top five players to watch” list for Sports Illustrated leading into his senior year.National AttentionFollowing the eye-opening success of his junior year, the St. Augustine coaching staff redesigned the offense to a “Delaware Wing-T” playbook, specifically designed for Hughes. Hughes remembered, “What really got me noticed was my third game of the year. I would say it was my ‘Al Bundy” game. I had four touchdowns in the first half. I had a kickoff return, a punt return, a run and a pass.” At that point, local buzz had turned into national buzz. Hughes earned the Gatorade Player of the Week award. The mailbox was immediately and regularly filling with colleges attempting to attract Hughes. In one year, Hughes went from punter to Offensive Player of the Year for the state of Louisiana, averaging a whopping 40 yards per return, 10 yards per carry at running back and 30 yards per reception at wide receiver.The 1993 NFL DraftHughes emergence in his junior and senior year of college landed him in the NFL Drew Brees Jersey White , getting drafted by the very local New Orleans Saints in the fifth round. For Hughes, it was a dream come true in many ways. But, given the choice, would he have rather gone to a Super Bowl contender? Hughes answered, “You’re talking about the draft, so you don’t get to pick and choose. At that time, I think it would have been the San Francisco 49ers. Yes, I would have gone to them. However, I think my best opportunity to play was with the Saints because of what I did (returned kick-offs and punts). Hughes was happy to stay home though. After jesting that he dodged a bullet by not being selected by the Bengals the pick prior, Hughes spoke about how happy he was to join the Saints. “My family and I were just so thrilled. They had brought me in for a workout and I knew they needed a punt and kick returner.” Hughes in the NFLHughes not only earned his roster spot on the Saints as a rookie, but also made such a splash that he played his way onto the Pro Bowl team. His family was able to join him on the trip as fate would have it. Prior to starting his rookie season in the NFL, Hughes played in the American Bowl. Hughes said, “I ended up being the MVP of the game. Along with the trophy, they gave me two first class tickets to the Pro Bowl. When I made it to the Pro Bowl that year, I ended up trading those first-class tickets in for four coach tickets and paying for the rest of them. I ended up having my whole family come. We all hung out in Hawaii and had a great time.”Hughes success continued into year two. “Again, I led the NFL in kickoff returns and kickoff return yardage, which I don’t know if that was a good sign for our defense”, Hughes joked. “I led the NFL in my third year as well. Three years in a row I broke my own record.” Hughes held the record for most kickoff returns for several years until current record holder MarTay Jenkins of the Arizona Cardinals eclipsed Hughes’ mark. Jim MoraIt’s well chronicled that with the Saints offensive woes mounting at the tail end of Jim Mora’s 11-year stay with the New Orleans Saints, fans and media went to the head coach to ask why he didn’t use Tyrone Hughes at wide receiver. Between his speed and his experience at the position, Hughes was a logical answer on the offensive side of the ball, or so it seemed to most. When asked if he still had any bitterness toward Jim Mora in not being afforded the opportunity to play wide receiver, Hughes responded, “Yes, I do. There was always bitterness. First of all Marcus Davenport Jersey White , I was one of the fastest guys on the team. They could have put me at receiver while I was still learning the defense. Whether it’s political or whatever, everything is not done in the best interest of the team. It was more in the best interest of the organization. What I mean by that is how they would justify the reasons for not doing something, regardless of how stupid it may have sounded. Jim Mora’s response was, ‘We don’t feel he can catch good enough’. Think about that. If I drop a pass, that’s incomplete. If I drop a punt or kickoff, that’s a turnover.” October 23, 1994So, whatever happened to Tyrone Hughes’ pregame prediction on October 23, 1994. Tyrone Hughes did, in fact, return two kicks for touchdowns and in the process set NFL records for most kickoff return yardage in a game (304) and most combined return yardage (kickoffs and punts) in a game (347), of which both still stand today. When asked how he knew such a prediction itself, Hughes commented, “That was actually the first time I had done something like that. It just felt that, after watching the film, we would have the opportunities to return.” After Hughes’ success that day, he didn’t make a habit of making pregame predictions. “I had never done it before and I never did it again. But that day, it just felt like we had an opportunity.”, Hughes mentioned. Tyrone Hughes was inducted into the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame in 2015 along with another great returner, Michael Lewis.