erence competition during a four-game stretch th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 16 '19
ELMONT, N. Custom New York Knicks Jerseys .Y. - Trainer Charlton Baker claimed Joking on his own behalf for $20,000 in January 2014 when the gelded son of Distorted Humor was 5. On Saturday at Belmont Park, Joking gave Baker and jockey Manny Franco their first Grade 1 victories when he rallied from far back to win the Grade 1 Vosburgh by a length.The Vosburgh was a Win and Youre In for the $1.5 million Breeders Cup Sprint at Santa Anita on Nov. 5. Baker said he plans to use the guaranteed, fees-paid berth in the six-furlong race.Were definitely going, Baker said.Green Gratto and X Y Jet cut out furious fractions of 21.59 and 44.12 in the six-furlong Vosburgh, which was run over a muddy, sealed track, while Joking lagged well back.X Y Jet took over from Green Gratto on the far turn, but began to weaken in upper stretch. Stallwalkin Dude took the lead as the field bunched up nearing the final furlong, but Joking made the strongest move to earn the victory.I just let him do his thing and let the speed go, Franco said. When he got in the clear he gave me a big kick.Joking paid $10 as the third betting choice in the seven-horse field. He completed the course in 1:09.18. Stallwalkin Dude held second by a length over Weekend Hideaway. X Y jet finished fifth. Green Gratto was last.Joking is having his best season at age 7. Before being given the summer off, he had won three consecutive races - The Grade 2 True North at Belmont in June, the $10,000 Diablo at Belmont in May, and an optional-claiming race at Aqueduct in April.Baker, 50, is a native of Jamaica. He maintains a stable at Belmont Park and one at Finger Lakes, where his father, Carl, trained. The True North was his first graded stakes win.Baker credits Jokings improvement this season to maturing with age.He used to be a horse that was jittery, that would sweat, Baker said. He has gotten better as he has gotten older.Baker said he claimed Joking when he came down low enough in price that he could afford.I had watched him for most of his career and when he got down to my price range we were lucky enough to get him, Baker said.Baker planned to give Joking the Saratoga meet off, but wanted to run him in the Belmont Park Sprint Championship first. Those plans were scrapped when Joking injured a splint bone.The injury wasnt bad and the timing was good, Baker said. He was always going to get a layoff at Saratoga.The Vosburgh was the sixth graded win for Franco, a 21-year-old native of Puerto Rico. He had previously won two Grade 2s - the Commonwealth Derby at Laurel Park last week for trainer Chad Brown, and the True North for Baker. Nathaniel Clifton Jersey .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Dennis Smith Jr. Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. https://www.cheapknicks.com/911x-patrick-ewing-jersey-knicks.html . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams had plenty of reasons to be disappointed while his team fell behind by 15 points at Michigan.There was also a lot time left.I didnt think we were playing hard, I didnt think we were playing tough. I understand the environment, I understand weve been gone nine days, I get all of that, Williams said. I thought over the last 30 minutes, there was more of a distinct brand of what we want to be about.Zach LeDay scored 15 of his 18 points in the second half, and the Hokies rallied to beat Michigan 73-70 on Wednesday night. Virginia Tech trailed 23-8 in the first half and 62-52 with 7:23 left in the second.Playing their fourth straight game away from home, the Hokies (6-1) were down 67-63 before a 3-pointer by Justin Bibbs started an 8-0 run. Seth Allen gave Virginia Tech the lead with a driving layup , then added a 3-pointer.Duncan Robinsons 3-pointer with 42 seconds left pulled Michigan (5-2) to within a point, and an offensive foul on Allen gave the Wolverines the ball back. But Michigan was out of timeouts, and Zak Irvin ended up trying a tough jumper from just inside the arc that missed.We were trying to isolate him, and they took him away a little bit, Wolverines coach John Beilein said. We know what to do when they take him away, and we didnt do it.After Bibbs made two free throws with 3.9 seconds left, Robinson had a chance to tie it, but his 3-pointer from the left wing missed.Michigan was in total control at the start, jumping out to a 17-4 lead and eventually going up by 15 on a 3-pointer by Derrick Walton. Virginia Tech was down 39-30 at halftime but opened the second half with a 9-2 run.I just came out in the second half and I wanted to be aggressive, LeDay said. In the first half, I was trying to feel it out, and Coach told me not to be like that, he told me to just be aggresssive, go full throttle, and thats what I did. Mitchell Robinson Jersey. Irvin led Michigan with 23 points.BIG PICTUREVirginia Tech: The Hokies did their part in the ACC-Big Ten challenge, coming away with an upset win on the road. Virginia Tech had little trouble scoring after its slow start. Four players ended up in double figures.Michigan: The Wolverines have looked better on defense this season, but the second half of this game was a bit of a wake-up call. Virginia Tech shot 52 percent from the field on the night.FREE THROWSVirginia Tech took advantage of its foul shots, going 19 of 21 from the line. Michigan was only 4 of 7 and didnt attempt any until the second half. Forward D.J. Wilson fouled out for the Wolverines with 3:03 remaining.They played small ball, Irvin said. They were really just isolating our five. Figured if D.J. could go in there, hes versatile, he can play multiple positions, and once he fouled out, it was tough from there on.HANGING IN THEREThere was only one lead change in the game -- after Allens basket put the Hokies up 68-67 with 1:46 to play.Thank goodness in the time Ive been coaching you havent seen too many games like that, Beilein said. Where we lead the whole game and we cant make enough stops or finishes at the end offensively to win the game.UP NEXTVirginia Tech: The Hokies dont play again until next Wednesday night, when they host Maryland-Eastern Shore.Michigan: The Wolverines host Kennesaw State on Saturday, taking a break from major-conference competition during a four-game stretch that includes matchups with Virginia Tech, Texas and UCLA.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '