all five starters reach double figures. Miami also | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 16 '19
TROON, Scotland -- Theyve been waiting a long time for a home winner in these parts. Saints Jerseys 2020 .Hoylake had Rory McIlroy in 2014, while Royal St Georges had Darren Clarkes emotional victory in 2011. But you have to scroll back to 1923 and Arthur Havers to find a British winner at Royal Troon.In fact, its the Americans who have Troon all sewn up, winning the last six Open Championships staged at the South Ayrshire course in a run dating back to the great Arnold Palmers victory in 1962.While Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson and the rest of the present crop of leading Americans are sure to be in the mix for the Claret Jug come Sunday, theres reason to be hopeful of a home victory this year -- hopes hinged, as usual, on Northern Irelands McIlroy.The 27-year-old is due for another major. Not since the 2014 PGA Championship has he topped the standings in one of golfs biggest four events, and hell be relishing the chance to reignite his career with a fifth major on home shores.Theres a problem, though. While McIlroys third place at the Open de France earlier this month hinted at a return to form following a miserable U.S. Open tilt, his preparations in Scotland have been far from straightforward.Regardless of whether he set out to be deliberately provocative, his comments on Tuesday about the irrelevance of golf in the Olympics caused a stir and ensured his face was splashed across Wednesdays newspapers for reasons other than his Troon challenge.The furor is sure to come as an unwelcome distraction as he navigates the week ahead. Will fans be a little more muted in their campaigning for him after he revealed he does not feel a responsibility to grow the game? Thursdays tee shot on the first could be a revealing moment.Two men who are going to Rio are Englands Justin Rose and Danny Willett, and both look in good shape coming to Troon.Rose has been camped out in the town for a week already, taking in the sea air and acclimatising ahead of what could be a strong challenge on the weekend. While he used a press conference on Wednesday morning to affirm his commitment to the British cause in Rio, hes firmly focused on the Claret Jug this week and theres a determined glint in his eye.The 35-year-old finished in a respectable tie for sixth at St Andrews last year, but three missed cuts in the last six Open Championships means he comes to Troon with a record to set straight.Obviously my Open Championship form is something Ive definitely been conscious about, and really doing my best to turn around, Rose said on Tuesday. I think last year was obviously a nice step in the right direction.Im at the point where Im focusing on my performance rather than just trying to get fit. So I feel like its about the right time for me to start turning into a couple good results and Im excited about it.Of course, Roses Team Great Britain teammate Willett comes to Troon with a major already under his belt, having claimed the Masters title in stunning fashion earlier this year. But where did he finish at St Andrews 12 months ago? Neatly tied for sixth, with Rose.Being British, this is one you want to get your hands on, Willett said on Tuesday. I had a bit of a taste of it at St Andrews last year. Playing the last few holes, I was obviously in contention, and then being able to win at Augusta was awesome.To be able to come here as a major champion and get the crowds with us would be fantastic on Thursday morning. It will be really, really special.Beyond that big three of British golf, dare we mention the chances of someone such as Lee Westwood? The perennial nearly-man of major golf tournaments on both sides of the pond, Westwood was in contention at last months U.S. Open before a closing-round 80 saw him plummet to a tie for 32nd.Second at St Andrews in 2010 and third at Muirfield in 2013, if Westwood could just make it stick on Sunday then Troon could be the venue that sees him break his duck at age 43.As for a truly home winner, the Scottish challenge is likely to be led by Inverness Russell Knox. He missed the cut in his open debut last time out but has since claimed a World Golf Championship and turned in a strong performance at last weeks Scottish Open.While Knox has since become something of an adopted American, playing almost all his golf in the States, the fans will be rooting for him as a true blue Scot if hes in contention on Sunday. But a British winner of any sort would be special this year. Saints Jerseys China . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. Cheap Saints Jerseys . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. https://www.saintsjerseyssale.com/ . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. MIAMI -- Memphis coach David Fizdale offered a one-word assessment about being on the visitors bench in Miami.Weird, Fizdale said.Suffice to say, Fizdale and Miami coach Erik Spoelstra are both thrilled their matchups for the season are over.Marc Gasol scored a season-high 28 points, Mike Conley had 11 of his 21 in the final 3:06 and the Grizzlies beat the Heat 110-107 on Saturday night.Troy Williams added 18 for the Grizzlies, who earned a split of the home-and-home with the Heat and gave Fizdale a win in the building where he served as a Miami assistant for the past eight seasons.Its just hard to compete against your brothers like that and fight like that, Fizdale said. I can only imagine if we both ever make it to the finals, how tough that would be. But Im glad its over. It worked out how its supposed to -- he won on my spot, I won on his spot, we break even and now we root for each other again.Dion Waiters scored a season-high 28 for Miami, which got 15 points and 12 rebounds from Hassan Whiteside, and 15 points from Josh Richardson. But after winning in Memphis on Friday, the Heat fell short against a Grizzlies team thats now 5-0 this season in games decided by five points or less.Youve got to tip your hat to that team, Spoelstra said. Every time theyve been in a close game this year, theyve found a way to gut it out and get a win.Conley was under no minutes restriction on Saturday, and that was big for Memphis.The Grizzlies led 99-98 when he checked in with 4:01 left, and he scored their last 11 points -- the first salvos in that flurry being a 3-pointer, then a three-point play, and then a deep 3 to put his team up 108-101 with 1:25 left.Conley made every ... big ... play down the stretch, Spoelstra said. Its early right now, but if hes not an All-Star itll be a crime. Saints Jerseys 2021. .Waiters 3-pointer in the final minute got the Heat within three, and his layup on the next Miami possession cut Memphis lead down to 108-107. But Conley made a pair from the line with 11.4 seconds left, and the Grizzlies escaped when Richardsons 3-point try hit the rim and bounced off as time expired.TIP-INSGrizzlies: Gasols previous season high was 27, set Wednesday in Philadelphia. He was held to nine points by the Heat on Friday, and hasnt posted consecutive single-digit scoring games yet this season. ... Memphis G Vince Carter is now nine games shy of making his 1,300th regular-season appearance.Heat: Spotted on the concourse was former NBA referee Joe Crawford, whos now working for the league (and was seeking a hot dog for halftime). ... Floyd Mayweathers not-very-subtly designed van bearing his The Money Team logos was parked near the Heat player lot. ... This was Miamis first time playing the same opponent on consecutive nights since games with Orlando, Feb. 14 and 15, 2006.MISSING PLAYERSMemphis Zach Randolph missed his second straight game as he continues to grieve his late mother, and the Grizzlies are also still without former Heat player James Ennis (right calf). Miami was again without point guard Goran Dragic (left elbow), forward Justise Winslow (left wrist) and forward Willie Reed (right knee).5 FOR 5Both teams had all five starters reach double figures. Miami also had two reserves get there.UP NEXTGrizzlies: Host Charlotte on Monday, as a 10-game, 16-day stretch continues.Heat: Host Boston on Monday, in the first Celtics-Heat meeting of the season. ' ' '