ds per game, and that could present opportunities for | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 18 '19
PORTLAND, Ore. Edmonton Oilers Pro Shop . -- Most pundits put the Los Angeles Clippers on a short list of contenders to make it to the NBAs Western Conference finals this season.Thats just fine with Doc Rivers, the president of basketball operations and head coach of the Clippers.Its not a burden, said Rivers, who begins his fourth season at the Clipper helm against the Portland Trail Blazers Thursday night at the Moda Center. Why should people expecting you to win ever be a burden Ive never figured that one out.You should be excited and happy any time youre in the NBA and youre on a team that people think is good. Thats a pleasure.The Clippers are good.The presence of All-Stars such as Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan plus veterans J.J. Redick, Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers, the coachs son guarantee that.Now the team has added depth with free-agent signings of forwards Marreese Speights and Brandon Bass and guards Alan Anderson and Raymond Felton to minimum deals.Its ironic that the Clippers open the 2016-17 campaign against the team that knocked them out of the first round of the playoffs a year ago. Injuries to Paul and Griffin during the series play a large role in that, but it adds a bit of intrigue to the Clippers debut game this season.Were excited, said Austin Rivers, who signed a three-year, $35-million contract in the offseason. Its going to be a fun environment considering thats the team that knocked us out last year. We have our whole team back. So do they. Its going to be a fun game.The Trail Blazers got a two-day jump on the season over the Clippers, coming from behind to defeat the Utah Jazz 113-104 Tuesday night in their home opener. Damian Lillard launched an unofficial MVP campaign by scoring 39 points, 16 in the decisive fourth quarter.The best way to show that I mean that is by going out and playing like it, the Blazers two-time All-Star point guard said. Tonight was a good start.Portland had an outstanding offensive game, making 39 of 75 shots from the field (.520), 13 of 19 shots from the 3-point line (.684) and all 22 attempts from the foul line. The Blazers made their first seven 3-point tries and were 7 for 8 in the first half.But Portlands defense -- a focus coming into this season -- was spotty at best, especially in yielding a 37-point third quarter to the Jazz.Sometimes we get into an offensive mode, because we have so many guys who can score, reserve forward Ed Davis said. We can outscore 85 percent of the teams in the league. To be able to win night in and night out, though, you have to get stops. Thats what we did in the fourth. Weve got to have more quarters like the fourth and less like the third.You give up 37 in a quarter, no way you can win a game. Giving up 30 in a quarter is a lot.The Blazers are special because of their camaraderie, Utah coach Quin Snyder said.They fit together really well, Snyder said. Everybody embraces who they are. Thats what makes them such a good team. They know their strengths. They complement each other. Theyre clearly an unselfish group, and that makes them hard to defend. Cheap Oilers Jerseys . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. Custom Edmonton Oilers Jerseys . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. https://www.cheapoilers.com/ . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Jay Ajayi began the season as an afterthought and was a healthy inactive for the Miami Dolphins opening game.He is now attempting to become the first NFL running back to rush for 200 yards in three consecutive games.Ajayis stunning emergence is energizing the Dolphins (3-4) as they come off a bye and attempt to record their third consecutive victory when they host the New York Jets on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, CBS).The second-year player from Boise State rushed for 204 yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Oct. 16 and followed up with a 214-yard effort against the Buffalo Bills seven days later. That made Ajayi just the fourth player to rush for 200 or more yards in back-to-back games, joining O.J. Simpson (1973 and 1976), Earl Campbell (1980) and former Miami star Ricky Williams (2002).A third straight 200-yard outing would be quite the feat -- considering the Jets (3-5) lead the NFL in rushing defense at 74.0 yards per game.I know in the NFL its hard to get 100 yards, Ajayi said. So for us to have done back-to-back 200-yard games is a credit to the hard work we have put in, the O-line, receivers, everyone including myself.And so if it does happen again, thats going to be an amazing thing, an incredible thing, and well just see what happens.Something surely has to give on Sunday. Ajayi sports a spectacular 6.4-yard average per carry heading into a game against a unit allowing just a 3.3 yard average.Were playing a good team, Ajayi said. The Jets got a really good front up there, the defensive line and their linebackers. We know were going to have a really good challenge in front of us, but at the same time, were not worried about anybody else. Were worried about ourselves.The Jets are certainly only worried about themselves too heading into the contest against their AFC East rivals. New York is seeking its third straight victory as it tries to dig out of a 1-5 start.The squad had higher aspirations, and being two games below .500 at the midway point of the season is thoroughly disappointing to veteran linebacker David Harris.Obviously nobody thought wed be at this 3-5 mark, Harris said. But guys keep fighting, were still playing hard, and were still going to grind this thing out to the end. Stitched Oilers Jerseys. Turnovers plagued the Jets during their first six games, and they still rank last in turnover margin at minus-9.Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has been intercepted 11 times but avoided the key miscue last Sunday in a 31-28 win over the Cleveland Browns.Veteran running back Matt Forte helped fuel the victory by rushing for 82 yards and two scores. Forte has 542 yards and six touchdowns in his first season with the Jets after leaving the Chicago Bears as a free agent.His offensive coordinator with the Bears last season was Adam Gase, the first-year head coach of the Dolphins.I dont even know if elite pro is the right word, Gase said of Forte. Its something that Ive very rarely experienced with a player. Just watching what he did from the first time I was around him to the last day I was with him, that guy is a stud, man. I cant express how much I appreciated the way that that guy prepared, the way he practiced.We tried to hold him back, and he didnt care what we thought. He was like, Im getting my reps. You can yell at me all you want for being in there. He didnt care. I mean, that guy, he was a workhorse. Hes a guy that if youre around him just one year, you benefited from it.While the Jets have excelled at stuffing ball carriers, they arent so proficient against the pass. Cornerback Darrelle Revis, 31, is slipping and was beaten repeatedly by Cleveland receivers last Sunday.Jets coach Todd Bowles insisted Revis is healthy when pressed regarding the veterans drop-off in play.Other than maintenance, I dont think (he is hurt) any more than anybody else, Bowles said. We dont play injured players, and we dont encourage them to play. We try not to. All we can go by is how they tell us they feel, and Revis has been fine for the most part. He had a sore ankle here and there, but I think hes been OK.New York is last in the NFL in pass defense, allowing 289 yards per game, and that could present opportunities for Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who has thrown for 1,728 yards and seven touchdowns against seven interceptions. ' ' '