if you had 50/50 members then it would change the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 18 '19
ALLEN PARK, Mich. Vans Sk8-Hi Shoes For Sale . -- The Detroit Lions have signed linebacker Steve Longa to the active roster from the practice squad and activated defensive end Armonty Bryant from the exempt list.The Lions also announced Saturday that they have waived wide receiver Aaron Dobson and offensive lineman Brian Mihalik.Detroit hosts the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.Longa joined the Lions practice squad in September. Bryant signed with the Lions earlier this week. He played the past three seasons for the Cleveland Browns.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Vans Old Skool Sale . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Vans Old Skool White Sale . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. http:///.../sk8-hi-leather.html . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end.Catriona Matthew and Henni Zuel believe Muirfield is living in the dark ages and have urged the clubs members to join them in the 21st Century where women play golf. Muirfield has been removed from The Open rotation list by the R&A after its members voted against allowing female golfers into the club. The vote has been hugely controversial and has sparked a backlash from male golfers, including Rory McIlroy, as well as golfs governing body and Matthew says the decision paints a poor image of Scottish golf. Matthew, who was inducted into the Scottish Golf Hall of Fame earlier this year, admits she is worried Muirfields decision could do lasting damage to golf in Scotland. Sky Sports Golf’s Henni Zuel reflects on Muirfield’s decision to stick with its male-only membership policy Its just not good for golf in Scotland, it sets a poor image of Scottish golf, she told Sky Sports News HQs Sportswomen programme.Obviously Muirfield are a very small section of Scottish golf, but with all the coverage this is getting all around the world its just not good for golf in Scotland.In this day and age of 2016, its bad for equality and its a shame that we wont be having The Open here now.A two-thirds majority was needed from the Muirfield members to carry the motion, but with 397 voting in favour of allowing women and 219 against their introduction, the rule change fell short by 14 votes. The R&A responded to Muirfields decision, saying it would not allow the tournament to be held at a venue that does not admit female members. Muirfield has been the target of huge backlash after refusing to admit female members Former Ladies European Tour player and Sky Sports expert Zuel thinks the vote is a poor business decision by the club and insisted the club must change its ways if it is to compete in the modern market. Its the 21st Century, we cant be thinking those kind of things any more, were not stuck in the dark ages, she said.It has to evolve and the game of golf has to evolve if it is to survive in a modern-day economy, where women are board members and CEOs of companies. Vans Old Skool Wholesale. . It will take a very special lady golfer to be able to do all the things that are expected of them in the template which is suggested and the ladies membership as a whole may not meet this standard. Letter from No campaigners Were not Emily Pankhurst any more and I think we need to recognise that, and its fantastic that the governing body of golf recognises that. The clubs board had recommended that women should be admitted, but there was a vocal in-house opposition to the changes with the no campaigners circulating letters opposing the introduction of women.Sportswomen approached several Muirfield members for comment, with many declining to talk, but found two yes-voters who gave a glimpse into the clubs mindset.One member said he was disappointed with the decision and admitted the R&A was quite right to take action against the club.  Members of Muirfield Golf Club give their reactions to the ballot which decided not to allow women to join I voted in favour of women coming in, he said. Why? Because I think we live in the 21st Century and I also want to keep The Open.John Trainer, a Muirfield golfer, also voted yes for the introduction of women, but insisted the clubs ethos must be protected.I voted in favour of lady members, not because I wanted a lot of lady members here, but I think that I felt like I was King Canute pushing the waves back and its bound to come, he said.Its a mens lunch club and theres nothing wrong with having a few lady members. I think if you had 50/50 members then it would change the whole ethos of the club. Also See: Muirfield loses Open rights McIlroy targeting successful summer Irish Open best shots Season Pass at the Irish Open ' ' '