ars running.Ive never seen a racehorse stay in p | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 20 '19
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Cowboys Jerseys China . -- Down 12-0 and reeling from a turnover-prone first half, No. 6 Louisville recovered to reap major rewards from holding onto the ball.Just ask Brandon Radcliff, whose comeback from a giveaway ignited another Cardinals rout.Radcliff rushed for three touchdowns in Louisvilles 41-point second half, and the Cardinals roared past Wake Forest 44-12 on Saturday night despite a relatively quiet night for Heisman Trophy front-runner Lamar Jackson.Louisville (9-1, 7-1 Atlantic Coast Conference, No. 5 AP) trailed behind three lost first-half fumbles converted into field goals before shutting down the Demon Deacons (6-4, 3-3), holding them to just 37 yards after halftime. That opened the door for Radcliff to run 11 times for 141 yards and TDs of 55, 7 and 19 yards.Youre going to have some ups and some downs, Radcliff said. I just had to get back on that wave and just keep going, never get discouraged.Added Louisville coach Bobby Petrino, Brandon looked real decisive. He did a great job running the football.Jackson appeared headed for his first scoreless game since Nov. 14 against Virginia before completing a 2-yard pass to Cole Hikutini with 4:05 left for one of Louisvilles five touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Ronald Walker also had a 31-yard interception return for a TD in the final period, and Malik Williams added a 2-yard run with 50 seconds left.Jackson rushed for a game-high 153 yards on 22 carries but was held to 145 yards passing. It just didnt matter with Radcliff sparking Louisville to another blowout after one of its worst starts this season.Today it took the second half to win the game, Petrino said. We turned the ball over in the first half and we werent happy with that, but I thought the defense held in there and forced them to kick field goals. But when we came in the second half, I thought we dominated the game. A lot of sacks, and offensively we cranked it up, too.THE TAKEAWAYWake Forest: The Demon Deacons had it going in the first half, sacking Jackson four times and getting the takeaways they needed to build a lead. But Wake Forest never reached the end zone and couldnt stop Louisville in the second half. We played great defense for three quarters, coach Dave Clawson said. We didnt finish. Its incredibly frustrating, incredibly disappointing. The kids played well for three quarters.Quarterback John Wolford completed 13 of 22 passes for 141 yards.Louisville: The Cardinals seemed inclined to continue their recent pattern of following dominance with a dud before regrouping to record five of their seven sacks after halftime. They outgained the Demon Deacons 491-214, including 363-37 in the second half. We just knew we couldnt let them get touchdowns, defensive tackle DeAngelo Brown said. We wanted to hold them to field goals and let our offense have the ball and score points.POLL IMPLICATIONSPitts win at Clemson and USCs upset at Washington should shake up the poll and playoff rankings, especially after Louisville regrouped to pour it on in the second half.LAMARS MILESTONESJackson broke Teddy Bridgewaters single-season school record of 4,048 offensive yards and tied another with his seventh 100-yard rushing game.GET IT STARTEDLouisville fumbled on three of its first five first-half possessions -- including twice in Wake Forest territory -- before finally getting on the scoreboard with Blanton Creques 28-yard field goal just before halftime. That little contribution ended up providing the breakthrough the Cardinals needed.UP NEXTWake Forest: Hosts Clemson with a chance of spoiling the Tigers bid to repeat as Atlantic Division champions. A Demon Deacons win could open the door for Louisville, though the Cardinals would lose the head-to-head division tiebreaker with Clemson.Louisville: Faces a short week before visiting Houston on Thursday in what figures to be another major challenge. The Cardinals lost at home to the Cougars last season during their 0-3 start before recovering to win eight of their final 10 games and earn a bowl bid.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Dallas Cowboys Gear . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. https://www.cowboysjerseysale.com/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. ARCADIA, Calif. -- A champion mare produced a storybook ending to an amazing five-year career Friday at Santa Anita.Beholder, the 6-year-old making her 26th and final start in the $2 million Breeders Cup Distaff, wore down the previously undefeated Songbird in a stretch-long street fight to win by a nose in a race for the ages.There were tears everywhere in the Santa Anita winners circle, where trainer Richard Mandella, jockey Gary Stevens, and owner B. Wayne Hughes celebrated the win by Beholder ($8.60). It was her third Breeders Cup win, 11th Grade 1 victory, and also her swan song.Its probably the most emotional [win] of my career, knowing this was her last race, Stevens said immediately afterward. I just asked Mr. Hughes if he has a paddock for me next to her. I probably should be getting on the plane with her and walking out right now.Beholder will retire to become a broodmare at Hughess Spendthrift Farm in Kentucky, and there was no second-guessing by Hughes after the race. I think its time for her to go the normal route to go back to Kentucky and not having to have Richard and Gary to deal with, Hughes said.It was good-natured kidding delivered by a man with utmost appreciation for his trainer and rider.I dont think Ill ever have another horse like this, and so Im very grateful to have been a part of it, Hughes said. I mean, I really compliment Richard. I dont know of any trainer that could have taken a horse for six years and done what hes done. But Gary has been a big part of it.Beholder won at least one Grade 1 race in each of the past five years and was most effective utilizing the stalking style she employed Friday.The race unfolded as expected, with Songbird and jockey Mike Smith shooting to the front. Stevens said Beholder broke sharper than she ever has in her career, but when Im a Chatterbox went up inside to press Songbird, Stevens was happy to allow Beholder to sit third on the outside.The fractions were modest. Songbird went the opening half-mile in 47.16 seconds and six furlongs in 1:11.14. Nearing the quarter pole, Beholder rranged outside Songbird. Fake Cowboys Jerseys. From the quarter pole to the wire, Stevens said, it was a street fight.Songbird, a 3-year-old facing older fillies and mares for the first time after winning her first 11 starts, refused to surrender. I didnt know how much fight Songbird had in her, Stevens said. I found out. I put her away three times down the stretch.Beholder raced outside, Songbird battled along the rail, and the two dueled to the wire. Stevens thought he had it won late. I saw the purple with all the banners [on the rail] down the stretch, and said ? Were close! The margin was a nose; even-money favorite Songbird finished 1-1/4 lengths in front of Forever Unbridled. Stellar Wind, the 5-2 second choice, finished fourth. The order of finish was completed by Im a Chatterbox, Curalina, and Land over Sea.Corona Del Inca, a Breeders Cup Challenge winner making her first start since May in Argentina, was injured and euthanized. She sustained a condylar fracture of her right foreleg, a sesamoid fracture, and fractured the first pastern bone.Distaff winner Beholder goes out like the three-time champion she already is. Beholder retires having won 18 races and $6,156,600.As for Songbird, her future is bright. She will continue to race next year at age 4 for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and owner Rick Porter.Hollendorfer said he could never be disappointed with Songbird. She ran great, just the other horse ran a little better.Beholder did it throughout her career. She won the BC Juvenile Fillies in 2012, the BC Distaff in 2013, and won at least one Grade 1 for five years running.Ive never seen a racehorse stay in peak form [that long], Stevens said. I know Ill never sit on another one like her. In a way, I wonder, should I be walking out too? But I have [Saturday] to ride. Who knows what lies beyond that?Attendance on Friday was 45,763; the pick-six carryover into Saturday is $511,261.-- additional reporting by David Grening ' ' '