that were right on track," Garber said. "Were developing a broad interest in the sport among fans, but | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 20 '19
James Donachie never expected to play every game at Melbourne Victory, but he wouldnt mind playing a few in a row. Vapormax Pas Cher Soldes .Kevin Muscats defensive signing is one of three recognised centre-backs in the Victory squad, alongside fellow newboy Alan Baro and long-time stopper Nick Ansell.Under Victorys 4-3-3 system its a race between the three for two positions, and Donachie isnt winning it.The former Brisbane Roar man started in round one against his old side when soreness got the better of Ansell.The next week, Donachie didnt distinguish himself - though not many in navy blue did - in the Melbourne derby, lost 4-1 to Victorys cross-town rivals.Out the 23-year-old went from the Victory side, until last week when a knee niggle claimed Ansell again.So now Donachies back again. But will he stay there?Hopefully I can keep him out for a few weeks and hold my spot, he said, fully accepting his lot.I came down (to Victory) saying there was going to be competition. I didnt come down here saying I was going to start week in week out.It keeps me on my toes and makes me a better player. Its healthy competition.Baro, 31, has been an ever-present through the season to date, and Donachie said Victory fans had yet to witness his full potential.Spanish players are always technically really good players, he said.He can knock any ball you want, hes got both feet.The more games he gets the more confident hell grow and the more well see of his ability.In the straight shoot-out to partner the Spaniard, Donachie said he would keep up his effort in between games and hope to hear his name called out on match-day.I work my heart out every day and Ive been that way since I started as a professional, he said.Its decision making and stuff like that I need to work on. If I keep doing that then Ill get closer to being a complete footballer. Site Chaussure Pas Cher . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Air Force 1 Femme Pas Cher . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. http://www.chaussurepascherchine.fr/ . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Expansion is coming to Major League Soccer. The only questions facing the leagues board are how many teams, where to locate them and when to bring them into the fold. Commissioner Don Garber told The Associated Press in a wide-ranging interview Monday that the leagues owners plan to discuss expansion "in great detail" during a meeting Wednesday. The MLS will play Italian club AS Roma in its annual All-Star game that night. At the moment, the league is focused on adding a second team in New York. But with David Beckham holding an ownership option and several cities expressing interest in a franchise, the league could shoot past the 20-team mark within the next few years. "The league is going to expand. Its not an if, but a when, and its a how many," Garber said. "Theres lots of interest among many, many different markets, so well get pretty focused on establishing something firmer in the next few months." There was a time when an ownership group could spend less than $10 million on a franchise, but those days are over. Surging attendance, modest but consistent television growth and even the recent success of the U.S. national team have made the MLS a hot property. It cost English club Manchester City and its partner, the New York Yankees, an expansion fee of $100 million to launch New York City FC, which will begin play in 2015. Other cities that have expressed interest in a team, or have lower-tier franchises who want to join MLS, include Atlanta, Sacramento, Orlando and the Twin Cities. Meanwhile, Beckham has been linked to businessman Marcelo Claure, who owns Bolivian team Club Bolivar. The two appear interested in Miami, where Claures wireless company Brightstar Corp. is based, and Beckham has said he plans to reveal his MLS intentions in the next few months. "The overall growth of the sport has been so dramatic over the last number of years by almost any measure," Garber said. "Whether its the league or the national team or the womens game, all the developments are sort of proving the fact that were a soccer nation." Expansion isnt the only issue for Major League Soccer, however. --The leagues TV deals with ESPN, NBC and Univision expire after the 2014 season, and Garber said discussions will begin early this fall on the next round of contracts. ESPN has broadcast MLS games since 2006, while NBC took over for Fox Soccer last season with a package that includes pputting the majority of its games on NBC Sports Network. Vapormax Pas Cher Destockage. Univision joined up as a Spanish-language broadcaster this season. "Weve very confident we have a strong television property," said Garber, pointing toward overall growth in viewership the past two seasons. "We have great partners and there are many broadcasters that are really bullish on the sport, and I think its a good time to be in the business of selling sports television rights. Theres a lot of energy behind the sport." --Garber said progress on new stadiums for San Jose and D.C. United are good signs for the league, and hes confident a soccer-specific stadium will be built for New England. The Earthquakes broke ground on their new stadium last October and expect to move into it next year. D.C. United announced formal plans for its facility just last week. "Years ago, nobody ever said wed develop stadiums in what I would call the more difficult markets," Garber said, "and over time I think well achieve all our new stadium goals, including in New England. We do look at this as a long-term project." --As MLS continues to mature, Garber said its critical that teams begin to develop youth academies to produce the next generation of stars, rather than rely on aging players from Europe and elsewhere to stir up interest in the league. Garber pointed to Sporting Kansas City, which is hosting this years All-Star game, as an example of one franchise that has already begun to sprout homegrown talent. "There are a lot of paths to achieve our goal of being one of the top leagues in the world in the next 10 years, and its not just the signing of international players," he said. "Its really with the development of the American and Canadian players, and that starts with the development of the youth academics. Here in Kansas City, it certainly has proven to be true." Garber said the U.S. national team, which beat Panama on Sunday to win the CONCACAF Gold Cup, is further evidence that MLS is succeeding in producing the next line of stars. "When I look at their recent success in the Gold Cup, with a core of MLS players, it just proves the point that were right on track," Garber said. "Were developing a broad interest in the sport among fans, but also really doing well on the field. I think without doubt, if it wasnt for Major League Soccer, the national team wouldnt be what it is today." ' ' '