nesday, the first time hes thrown since goin | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 21 '19
IRVING, Texas -- Sarah Thomas was never hit by the pressure of being the first woman to be a full-time NFL game official until after her first season on the job. St.Louis Blues Shirts .It wasnt until this past offseason that Thomas pondered what really happened after accomplishing her goal, which was to work full-time at footballs highest level and not necessarily be a trailblazer in doing so.When I first started all this last year, I said I dont feel the pressure of it or anything like that, and I dont feel as if I did during the season, she said. But once I reflected back, I knew that there was a lot of pressure. ... When I reflected back on it, I thought if something major had happened with being a first, not that I recognize myself as that, but just being a first, that it could have gone one of two ways. So Im glad that it was a very smooth, under-the-radar, first year.Thomas is now preparing for her second season as a side judge. While still the only woman on the field in the NFL, she considers it a compliment that there is much less fanfare this time around.Dean Blandino, the NFLs vice president of officiating, agrees and said Thomas had the same bumps as any first-year official.It was obviously big news last year, but she handled everything so well, and she had such a poise and grace about herself, Blandino said this month at the NFLs annual officiating clinic. Its a challenge for any first-year official. For a first-year official to also be the first female official, there were a lot of other challenges that came with that and she handled everything really well, and had a good season.All nine first-time officials from last season are back this season, and there are three rookies among the 124 officials hired for 2016.When Pittsburghs LeVeon Bell scored on a wildcat run as time expired for a victory at San Diego to wrap up Week 5 last season, Thomas was the line judge who signaled the touchdown. Bell initially appeared to be stopped, but pushed forward and reached the ball across the goal line just before his knee hit the ground. A replay review confirmed the call was right.Imagine the uproar on social media and the general reaction had the NFLs first female official blown that call. Most fans never even realized she was there.We just want to be officials, we want to go unseen, Thomas said in general, and not about that particular play. Youve heard it for years and years and years, and it is the truth. If you dont notice the officials then weve done a great job, and thats what set out to do.NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said during the first NFL Womens Summit in San Francisco, which was part of Super Bowl 50, that Thomas in her first season did a fantastic job, and were very proud of her.Thomas, the mother of three children, was part of the NFLs officiating development program in 2013 and 2014 and had worked at minicamps, training camps and exhibition games before getting hired full-time last year. She had officiated for Conference USA since 2007, with assignments including bowl game and two league championship games.I never set out to be the first, but when I did speak or I was encouraged with womens groups, its good to hear them ask questions how did you approach it, and for me to be able to say the National Football League had the utmost respect for me as they did any other official, she said.Last March, Thomas hometown of Pascagoula, Mississippi, renamed its recreational gym in honor of the former high school basketball and softball standout who was also given a key to the city.Blandino said there are more women in the development program.Were seeing more women officiating football in general, and I think were going to see them continue to develop, Blandino said. At some point, were going to see another female official in the NFL. ... Women are officiating and thats part of our program, and I think its really moving in the right direction.---Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---This story has been corrected to children instead of boys in 12th paragraph. Blues Jerseys 2021 . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Cheap Blues Jerseys . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. https://www.cheapblues.com/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Shin-Soo Choo got the Reds offence going early and they opened up a big lead. They needed every bit of it against the Diamondbacks. Choo went 4 for 5 with a homer and three RBIs to spark Cincinnatis offensive outburst in a 10-7 win over Arizona on Wednesday. The Reds opened an 8-0 lead through four innings, but had to hold on tight at the end. "It was the epitome of a full moon," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "We were riding easy 8-0, then all the sudden it was 8-4. A lot of stuff happened. Those guys (Diamondbacks) didnt give up. The Reds opened up a six-game lead over Arizona in the race for the National Leagues second wild-card spot. Cincinnati remained third in the NL Central, but moved to 2 1/2 games behind first-place Pittsburgh, which lost at San Diego. Mike Leake allowed four runs in the fifth inning, but was dominant in his other five innings for first win in his past five starts. Leake (11-5) allowed six hits and four runs with no walks and three strikeouts while the Reds were building an 8-0 lead. "I was mixing and matching and keeping them off balance," Leake said. "Two pitches got me. Sometimes that happens. Fortunately, we had an eight run lead. It ended up being a stressful game." The Diamondbacks added three runs against the Cincinnati bullpen before Aroldis Chapman finished for his 32nd save and first career two-inning save. Baker was forced to take Jonathan Broxton out of the game in the eighth inning with soreness in his elbow. Broxton spent five weeks on the disabled list, returning on Aug. 6. "It was disheartening to go get Broxton," said Baker, who went to his closer Chapman an inning early. "I went out with (pitching coach) Bryan Price. BP said, Hes done." The umpire asked Baker, whom he wanted and he indicated that he wanted Chapman. That answer prevented Baker from making a double-switch with the pitchers spot due up third in the bottom of the eighth. "Thats the first time Ive ever experienced something like that," Baker said. "I was so worried about Broxton." Todd Frazier and Brandon Phillips added RBI singles in the eighth, giving the Reds their highest run total since winning 11-0 at San Francisco on July 22. Frazier fought off a tough pitch and had a hit that landed out of the reach of shortstop Didi Gregorius. "It was an ugly swing with good results," Baker said. Frazier was as surprised as anyone the ball fell for a hit. "Its crazy," Frazier said. "I was talking to (Wil) Nieves at the plate about what a game it was. We were laughing at each other. Its humbling. Its weird. Its confusing at times. "No matter what you get a W at the end, youre happy. I dont know what I was doing man. I was confused. He (Brad Ziegler) has a nasty slider. It started two feet behind me and I thought thats going to come back in. I kind of jumped out of the way. My body ddid its own thing and away it went. Stitched Blues Jerseys. " Choo hit Brandon McCarthys second pitch of the game 337 feet down the left field line, where the ball appeared to hit the lens of a TV camera just inside the foul pole. The homer was Choos 16th of the season, his sixth leadoff homer of the season and 11th of his career. The Reds had four straight two-out hits to open up a 4-0 lead in the second. Leake lofted a ground-rule double down the right field line that bounced into the netting above the visitors bullpen to drive in one run, and Choo drove in two more with a single to centre. Chris Heisey added an RBI double and Devin Mesoraco made it 7-0 with a two-run single up the middle through a drawn-in Arizona infield to knock McCarthy (2-8) out of the game after a season-low 2 1-3 innings. He allowed eight hits and a season-high seven runs with one walk and two strikeouts while slipping to 0-5 in his past seven starts. Choo narrowly missed hitting his second home run of the game leading off the fourth inning, settling for a double off the top of the left field wall and scoring on Joey Vottos single. The Diamondbacks broke through against Leake with four runs in the fifth. Pinch-hitter Jason Kubel delivered a two-run single and Adam Eaton followed on Leakes next pitch with his second homer of the season, a 367-foot drive into the visitors bullpen. Prado added a run-scoring single off J.J. Hoover in the seventh and Gerardo Parro led off the eighth with his ninth homer, a fly ball off Jonathan Broxton that hit the top of the left field wall and bounced back onto the field before the umpires ruled it a homer after a 3:02 replay delay. "We played our tails off," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of his offence. "They did a heck of a job." Chapman pitched more than one inning for the first time this year. He also struck out in his first major league at-bat. "He has to work on his bunting," Baker said. "We let him swing away. Hes a good athlete. He can swing the bat and is probably one of our fastest players. We hoped that he would hit one in the gap so people could see it." Notes: Chapman struck out in the eighth in his first career plate appearance. ... Broxton, who missed almost two months this season with an elbow injury, walked off the field with a Reds trainer after facing two batters in the eighth. ... Cincinnati LHP Tony Cingrani is scheduled to make his regular start on Sunday despite leaving Tuesdays game in the fourth inning with a lower back strain. ... Reds RHP Johnny Cueto, whos on his third stint on the disabled list with a strained muscle behind his right shoulder, played catch Wednesday, the first time hes thrown since going on the DL on June 29. ... RHP Trevor Cahill (4-10), who snapped a six-game losing streak with a win in Pittsburgh in his previous start, is Arizonas scheduled starter in Thursdays series finale against RHP Mat Latos (12-4). ' ' '