wide receiver Isaiah Ford said. Everyone knows how much coach Beamer means to this program | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 21 '19
TORONTO -- First place in the Eastern Conference will be at stake Monday night when the suddenly struggling Cleveland Cavaliers play the surging Toronto Raptors. Vapormax Plus Black Cheap .The Cavaliers (13-5), who have lost three in a row, still lead the Raptors (14-6), who have won six straight, in winning percentage, .722 to .700.This will be the third of four meetings this season between the Eastern Conference finalists from last season and the second game at Air Canada Centre.The NBA champion Cavaliers have won the first two meetings this season -- 94-91 on Oct. 28 in Toronto and 121-117 on Nov. 15 in Cleveland. The fourth game will be played April 12 in Cleveland.We played them twice already and it came down to the wire, said Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan, who scored 21 points Saturday night in the 128-84 win over the Atlanta Hawks at ACC. Its fun when you go up against teams like that, so were looking forward to Monday.The Cavaliers did not play Saturday after losing to the Bulls in Chicago on Friday and to the Los Angeles Clippers at home on Thursday. The losses started Tuesday against the Bucks in Milwaukee.The Cavaliers were outrebounded in all three losses, allowing a combined 176 points in the paint.Forward LeBron James said the honeymoon after winning the NBA championship is over.Youve got to play the game the right way, James said. Youve got to battle every night like we aint won nothing. Last year is last year and, after ring night, its over with.Now its a new season and everybody is gunning for us every night and we have to understand that. The honeymoon stage is over and its time to play some real ball and be physical, especially in the trenches. Giving up 78 points (in the paint on Friday) is ridiculous. Weve got to man up. Everybody.James has made a total of 20 turnovers himself in the past three games, including eight on Friday in nearly 45 minutes. He scored 27 points and distributed 13 assists against the Bulls. He has at least 13 assists in a game six times this season.James played so much from necessity.Right now, were using LeBron way too much, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said. When we have games like (Friday) and were not clicking on all cylinders and he has basically to make every play -- Kyrie (Irving) wasnt on his game (Friday) like he usually is -- LeBron had the ball in his hands as much as he did, thats what we had (to do) to try to win the game.The Cavaliers faltering bench is expected to receive some help Monday when guard/forward Mike Dunleavy returns after missing the previous two games under concussion protocol.The shooter was injured Tuesday in Milwaukee but showed no signs of a concussion until Thursday.Defense, however, is the key. Ive got to come up with some better schemes or something, Lue said. Its not just schemes, its better one-on-one defense.The Raptors are coming off the largest winning margin (44 points) in franchise history after outscoring the Hawks 42-14 in the fourth quarter on Saturday.The Raptors have been facing a string of teams that are either struggling or without key players, or both.Kyle Lowry, who scored 17 points and added eight assists and eight rebounds on Saturday, was asked if the game against the Cavaliers would provide a test for the Raptors.I dont think its a test, the point guard said. You all asked me that the first game of the season that we played them. I think its just another regular-season game for us and a team that we always want to be better than. But we want to be better than every team in the NBA at the end of the day.The Cavaliers are 4-3 on the road this season and the Raptors are 8-3 at home.James averaged 24.5 points, .548 shooting (17 of 31), 8.5 rebounds and 10.5 assists in the first two games against the Raptors. Vapormax Plus White Cheap . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Air Max Plus 3 For Sale . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. http:///...s-blue-discount.html . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Virginia Tech will pay homage to Frank Beamers attention to special teams when the Hokies play their first game in 30 years without the Hall of Fame coach on the sidelines.This week, with Beamers approval, a member of the Hokies special teams will wear Beamers retired No. 25 jersey instead of the unidentified players regular number in the season opener against Liberty. In subsequent weeks, the No. 25 jersey will be worn by Virginia Techs special teams player of the week.I do not know whos going to wear it, before you even ask, first-year Hokies coach Justin Fuente said. But its something that I think shows great pride in the past and pays tribute to the way ball has been played around here for some time.Its something our kids will be excited about as well.Excited enough to want to improve their chances of getting a turn in Beamers jersey.Yeah, I would love to wear that jersey, running back Sam Rogers said. Im going to be fighting to play on any special teams I can. Whatever I can do for this team, Im going to be doing. The more they let me do, the more Im going to be happy to do. If Ive got a chance to go down on kickoff and wear No. 25, thatd be awesome.During his 29-year career at his alma mater, Beamer served as his own special teams coach, and his teams scored 55 touchdowns on special teams, blocked 67 punts, 41 field goal attempts and 28 extra point attempts. The ability to turn games around quickly on special teams was a huge element of Virginia Techs rise in football prominence.Im really honored that a member of the special teams will get to wear my old numberr every week, Beamer said in a release from the school. Air Max Plus Tn Cheap. Of course, its not just a recognition of me -- its about all those coaches and kids who made special teams part of our identity at Virginia Tech.Defensive coordinator Bud Foster is a big fan of the effort to honor Beamer.I think its really, really cool, said Foster, who was with Beamer for all his 29 seasons at Virginia Tech and remained on staff when Fuente was hired. When coach Fuente brought that up, I was thrilled for coach. It makes a statement about what we have done here. Coast Fuente is building on what we have done in the past with some traditions as well as adding in his twist.Obviously, special teams and `Beamerball was a big part of our success, and I can tell you right now, that is not going to change as far as what our approach is to the football games.Fuente said he will tell the team and announce who will wear the jersey this week on Thursday.He may find that with just 12 games on the schedule, he might have to disappoint some who would like a turn.I think its special, wide receiver Isaiah Ford said. Everyone knows how much coach Beamer means to this program and means to us, especially me individually, the affect he had on my life. I think that its a cool tradition to kind of live on and to kind of honor him on the field. I think thatll be cool.---The APs college football page: www.collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr ' ' '