ross the line just behind Valverde and Leopold Konig at six seconds behind Froome and Quintana. The three-time | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 21 '19
ST. Blues Jerseys 2021 . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- While the Minnesota Twins and Tampa Bay Rays sit at the bottom of the standings in the American League, both clubs enter Fridays series opener playing some decent baseball.The Twins (43-65) dropped a 9-2 decision to the Cleveland Indians on Thursday afternoon but won the first three games of the four-game series against the AL Central leaders.The Rays (44-63) have won two straight, rallying for three runs in the eighth inning Thursday to defeat the Kansas City Royals 3-2.By coming back and continuing to battle, I think were showing what kind of character we have on this team, said Rays shortstop Brad Miller, whose three-run homer wiped out a 2-0 deficit. This hasnt been an easy season, but the guys in this clubhouse continue to fight every game and play hard.Minnesota, meanwhile, is streaking behind the hot bat of catcher Joe Mauer. The 2009 AL Most Valuable Player was 10-for-18 (.556) with five doubles, a triple and a home run during the four-game series against the Indians. He finished a home run shy of a cycle Tuesday during a 13-5 win over Cleveland.Ive been really staying on that back leg, driving the ball, Mauer said. Ive been a little bit more sore, but its been feeling good getting results.For the Rays, it is Miller providing the big bat. He has homered in the past two games. The surge began days after Tampa Bay acquired third baseman Matt Duffy from the San Francisco Giants at the trade deadline with the plan of making him the full-time shortstop. Duffy is on the disabled list due to strained left Achilles.So while Miller will have to change positions, likely to first base, his bat will still be in the lineup.I dont think they have kept me in the lineup to do me any sort of favors, Miller said. Ive earned my spot and earned the opportunity to play every day. I played shortstop (Thursday), and thats what I prepared for. Ill have to play wherever they move me.The Rays will send rookie left-hander Blake Snell (3-4, 3.08 ERA) to the mound for the series opener Friday.Snell has pitched more than five innings in each of his past seven starts and has won two of his past three, including a 5-3 victory against the New York Yankees on Sunday. In that start, he matched his career high with nine strikeouts, and he yielded two runs in 5 1/3 innings.He will oppose the Twins for the first time in his career.Minnesota will counter with right hander Ervin Santana, who has made three quality starts in a row and five in his past six outings. Santana (4-9, 3.66 ERA) won his last start on Sunday, a 6-4 victory against the Chicago White Sox, giving up three runs (one earned) over six innings.Santana lost his only start against the Rays this season, giving up five runs over six innings in a 7-4 loss at Target Field in June 4. In 16 career starts against Tampa Bay, he is 6-7 with a 5.48 ERA. Stitched Blues Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Custom St.Louis Blues Jerseys . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. https://www.cheapblues.com/ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. PENA CABARGA, Spain -- Chris Froome won a thrilling uphill duel against climbing rival Nairo Quintana by a bike length to win the 11th stage of the Spanish Vuelta on Wednesday.Quintana defended his race lead and is now 54 seconds ahead of Froome, who overtook Alejandro Valverde to move second overall.Valverde finished six seconds behind, dropping to third overall and 1:05 behind Quintana.Froome, who clinched his third Tour de France title in July, got his first stage win at a major race on this same Pena Cabarga peak in 2011 -- the year the British rider finished as the Vuelta runner-up.Froome and Quintana, who have had some memorable climbing contests on the Tour, tested one another on the category-one ascent, trading attacks before Froome edged the Colombian at the line.I have some special memories from 2011 here, but today, to add to that, is just an incredible feeling, Froome said.Froome pumped his fist in the air after completing the 168.6-kilometer (104.7-mile) ride starting in Colunga near the Atlantic coast in 3 hours, 44 minutes, 47 seconds.The stages dramatic finish promises annother two weeks of Quintana and Froome going head-to-head for the title. Blues Jerseys China. Quintana, who has twice finished runner-up at the Tour behind Froome, said he expects to fight a war with the Sky leader until the end.We arrived together, but (Froome) was faster at the end, Quintana said. He is strong and we cant drop our guard. There are many hard stages ahead and they will be a war.Esteban Chaves trails by 2:34 in fourth place after he faded near the end of the stages 5.6-kilometer (3.5.mile) ascent.Alberto Contador, whose Tinkoff team lead the peloton back to catch an early breakaway of 23 riders, could only manage to cross the line just behind Valverde and Leopold Konig at six seconds behind Froome and Quintana. The three-time Vuelta winner remained in fifth place at 3:06 of Quintanas pace.Thursdays 12th stage is a mountainous 193.2-kilometer (120-mile) route from Los Corrales de Buelna to Bilbao in the Basque Country.The race ends in Madrid on Sept. 11. ' ' '