e. Players understand thats part of the businesse. Players understand thats part of the business | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 21 '19
CHASKA, Minn. Gary Payton Jersey . -- Ryan Moore missed the phone call.It wasnt just a phone call hed been hoping for in the hour since hed lost the Tour Championship to Rory McIlroy in four extra playoff holes. It was a phone call hed been waiting for since the early days of his PGA Tour career.Every year for the past decade, he estimated, hed been fitted for the uniform of the United States team, never to be selected. This year, he wasnt measured for the clothes, and he assumed the call would never come.Last Sunday evening, as Moore was loading up his belongings into a car in the player parking lot at East Lake Golf Club, Moore checked his phone and saw that hed missed a call from Davis Love III, the U.S. Ryder Cup captain.When he called back, the team that hadnt fitted him for clothes, for which he wasnt thought to be part of the in-crowd, had selected him to become a member.It was like the jocks had invited the introspective, artistic kid to join their keg party.While Moore nodded and smiled as Love broke the news, his father, Mike, was about 50 yards away, looking over to him for clues about whether this was the phone call hed been waiting for. When Ryan looked up, he flashed a big smile and gave a thumbs up.I went over and gave him a big hug, Mike later said. I could tell he was really delighted.The recognition has been a long time coming for Moore, who was once considered the most promising of Americas up-and-coming players.While at UNLV, he won seemingly everything: the U.S. Amateur, the U.S. PubLinks (twice), the Western Amateur, the NCAA individual title and the prestigious Ben Hogan award as the top collegiate player. As if that wasnt enough, he was low amateur at the Masters and made the cut at the U.S. Open.Upon turning professional, Moore earned enough money just playing off sponsors exemptions to earn his full-time PGA Tour privileges, the first player to accomplish that since Tiger Woods nearly a decade earlier.I remember his younger brother Jason always asking him, Whats your fallback if this doesnt work out for you? his father said. And Ryan would say, What do I need a fallback for? Im going to play in college and get on Tour and be a great player. He just never doubted that he would play quality golf at this level.Mike has been a ubiquitous presence in his sons golfing career, teaching him the game from a young age and often walking every step with him.Mike knows Ryans game -- and his personality -- as well as anyone. He understands how Ryan dealt with each futile clothes fitting and close call over the years, and how he would have dealt with this one if he didnt receive the fourth and final captains pick.Ryan is a pragmatist, Mike said. He realized he didnt finish in the top eight for an automatic spot. Hes not a real flamboyant personality type, so he figured he might not get selected; all he could do was play his best. He never really expressed a lot of concern or disappointment, but he doesnt. He internalizes things.As for what Moore brings to the team, dont expect the guy who calls himself anti-social, maybe to suddenly become flashy this week. Dont expect him to be hooting and hollering his way around Hazeltine if hes playing well, but by the same measure, dont expect him to hang his head if he isnt.Im here to be an asset to this team in whatever way I can, he said. Im here to play as good as I can, be a great teammate and go out there and have fun ... You know, thats the goal for this week: keep doing what Ive been doing.Mike elaborated: Hes exactly what you see -- a low-key kind of guy whos got a ton of fire in the belly and is unafraid of conflict on the course. Hes tenacious.Theres all kinds of types and some guys are more obviously irritated by bad shots or poor performance or failure; some are more clearly excited about good shots and great performance and success.Ryan doesnt show as much of that on the outside, just maybe a quiet fist pump. Thats about all you see from him, but I know the fire burns.That fire has always been burning for Moore. This week, hell get a chance to show that on a bigger stage.It was a call hed been waiting on for years. Jason Williams Jersey . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. Kevin Edwards Jersey . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. https://www.cheapheatonline.com/377h-bruce-bowen-jersey-heat.html . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. ARLINGTON, Va. -- After the best regular season in franchise history, the Washington Capitals almost lost two assistant coaches to other NHL teams.Todd Reirden was a finalist for the Calgary Flames head coaching job and Lane Lambert for the Colorado Avalanches. The Flames hired Glen Gulutzan in June, and then after the abrupt resignation of Patrick Roy the Avalanche hired Jared Bednar last week. That left Jack Adams Award-winning coach Barry Trotzs staff intact for another run at the Stanley Cup.Trotz was selfishly glad to still have Reirden and Lambert on the bench, especially considering the Capitals have most of their players back and are again a Cup favorite.You never like to lose high-quality people and coaches, but at the same time these are guys that if theyre not replacing me, theyre replacing someone else in the league, Trotz said Tuesday. Both of them were right there in the end. It says a lot about them. It says a lot about our program here in Washington.Reirden and Lambert contributed to and benefited from the Capitals success last season, which ended with a second-round loss to the eventual Cup-champion Pittsburgh Penguins. Reirden comes back for 2016-17 as an associate coach after being given that promotion Monday when the team announced hell run training camp while Trotz is on Canadas staff at the World Cup of Hockey.Going through the experience of interviewing is something Reirden believes will help him and Lambert moving forward.We went through those situations, both of us, with different teams, but not for one second wass I disappointed about coming back and being a part of this team, Reirden said. Daequan Cook Jersey. Weve invested a lot in the last two years and our growth of our team in two years I think has been outstanding.The success so far has made Reirden and Lambert two of the more sought-after assistants in the NHL. Reirden learned just how competitive the process of earning a head job is and was able to help Lambert through his situation two months later.Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan had a more difficult decision to make on Lambert, too, given that Joe Sakic of the Avalanche asked permission to talk to Lambert a month before the start of camp. Trotz had to come up with four or five potential replacements but agreed that Lambert should get the chance to interview.It mightve been a different decision if it was the Rangers or someone else calling that you play a lot more, Trotz said. But for the most part I think weve developed a relationship with our staff that if you get an opportunity to move up, we want to give you that opportunity.Next year one if not both will be in the mix for vacancies and likely gone. Players understand thats part of the businessTodd is certainly on the horizon, I think, Niskanen said. Hes probably going to get a chance. Selfishly I was hoping that it waits another season, at least, and I think thats good for our team, too.---Follow Stephen Whyno on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/SWhyno . ' ' '