/3 innings to take the loss in the All-Star Game.Pad | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 22 '19
PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles receiver Jordan Matthews thinks the Carson Wentz-Dak Prescott matchup in the NFC East has a chance to develop into a quarterback rivalry for the ages. Packers Jerseys 2021 .Peyton [Manning] and [Tom] Brady, thats an extremely high honor to be mentioned with those guys, Matthews said, responding to a reporter who first brought up Manning and Brady. ... I have spoken highly of Carson and know that he could be named with those guys just with more years of playing.And I have a high respect for Dak, too. ... Youre talking about a guy who is a poised quarterback, he knows what it means to be a leader, he knows what it means to be game-planned for. And I feel like Carson is the same way. The thing I love about Carson is he has that same ability but he also has a chip on his shoulder.So youre talking about two guys that could potentially be like a Brady and Peyton rivalry. The only difference is, youre going to get this two times a year, and possibly playoffs.Wentz of the Eagles and Prescott of the Dallas Cowboys?have a long, long way to go to get into that stratosphere. But the two rookies have shown positive signs early.For one, their teams are winning with them under center. Per the Elias Sports Bureau, Sundays game between the Eagles (4-2) and Cowboys (5-1) will be the only instance since the 1970 merger in which the combined win percentage of rookie quarterbacks was .750 or better coming in (minimum three starts).Their individual numbers are strong as well. Despite a recent downturn, Wentz has completed 64 percent of his throws with eight touchdowns to three interceptions. Prescott is completing 69 percent of his throws with seven touchdowns and just one interception.No. 1, theyre proven winners, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said. They know how to win. They know how to lead their teams. Nothing seems to be too big for either one of them. They take it in stride. The ability to protect the football, I think, through these first six, seven games like this has been crucial.Pederson noted that the Eagles hosted Prescott for a visit during the pre-draft process and really liked him, liked everything about him as a quarterback. Pederson said he isnt surprised that Prescott is having this type of success.The Eagles went in a different direction, as they aggressively moved up to No. 2 overall in Aprils draft to take Wentz. Prescott was not selected until the fourth round, 135th overall.I definitely have a chip on my shoulder, Prescott said during a conference call with the Philadelphia media. I definitely believe in myself and have all the confidence in the world in myself and always have. Yeah, I felt like I shouldve [gone] high. But I ended up in the right spot and everything worked out.Prescott enters the first matchup between the two quarterbacks on more of a roll. Wentzs play has tailed off of late. According to ESPN Stats & Information, he has been off-target on 34 percent of his throws over the last two weeks, which is the highest rate in the league. Wentz said recent mechanical issues are related primarily to his footwork.I dont think its anything we really need to overanalyze or freak out about, he said Wednesday.There are other factors to consider, like the strong play of Dallas offensive line and the powerful ground game led by fellow rookie Ezekiel Elliott that has taken some of the pressure off Prescott.However you frame it, both quarterbacks have acquitted themselves well overall early on.Theyre coming out of school, out of college a little more NFL-ready, a little more NFL-prepared to handle, No. 1, the rigors of an NFL season, Pederson said.They know how to handle success. They know how to handle media. They know how to handle fans. I think theyre just genuinely more prepared coming to us at this level.Wentz and Prescott got to know each other a little bit during the pre-draft process and were complimentary of one another Wednesday. That familiarity could continue to grow moving forward, as they might be seeing each other twice a year for the foreseeable future.Obviously hes a divisional rival, Wentz said, so very well could happen for a long time. Packers Jerseys China . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Packers Jerseys 2020 . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. https://www.packersjerseysale.com/ . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. SAN DIEGO -- Of all the ways to win a game, the San Diego Padres did it with a walk-off balk against the major league-leading San Francisco Giants.Adam Rosales singled in the tying run before Santiago Casilla balked home the winner, and the Padres rallied to beat the Giants 7-6 on Saturday night.I guess well take it any way we can, San Diegos Travis Jankowski said.Thats the first balk-off Ive been a part of, manager Andy Green said. We kept fighting all the way to the end. We did have some opportunities in the seventh we didnt capitalize on. ... It was a heck of a way to finish.The Padres started the decisive rally when Alex Dickerson and Derek Norris singled to open the 10th against Casilla (1-3). Norris stole second before Rosales bounced a single past shortstop Brandon Crawford to tie the game.With Alexei Ramirez at the plate, Casilla appeared to catch a cleat and stutter-stepped during his delivery. A balk was called, bringing in Norris with the winning run.He just stumbled, caught a spike when he put his foot down. Clearly a balk, Green said.It looked like he was a little discombobulated there on the balk, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. He was going home and his cleat caught or something. Its got to be one continuous motion. He did the right thing by throwing the ball, but he stutter-stepped and thats why its a balk.Casilla just got behind, Bochy said. He got behind 2-0 on the first hitter and had to go at him there, and he just wasnt sharp with his command.Rosales said he thought Crawford was going to make a great play, being the great shortstop that he is.I couldnt believe it, Rosales said about the balk. Ive never seen that before. But any way we can do it, though, right? Especially after (Buster) Posey hit that home run.Kevin Quackenbush (6-3) won despite giving up Poseys go-ahead, opposite-field homer leading off the 10th, the Giants fourth home run of the night.Posey hit a 91 mph fastball to right field for his 12th homer this season. Stitched Packers Jerseys. San Diego twice had three-run leads, both of which evaporated after Giants home runs.Angel Pagan hit a two-run shot off rookie starter Luis Perdomo in the third to pull San Francisco to 3-2.Pinch-hitter Mac Williamson and Ramiro Pena homered off Carlos Villanueva to tie the game at 5 in the sixth. It was Williamsons fourth and Penas first.San Diego had the bases loaded and one out in the seventh but failed to score.The Padres led 5-2 after three innings against Jeff Samardzija, thanks to home runs by rookie Ryan Schimpf and Matt Kemp, and two errors.Samardzija walked his first two batters. Jankowski stole third and Posey threw the ball into left field for an error that brought in a run. Yangervis Solarte singled with one out to make it 2-0.Samardzija allowed five runs, four earned, and five hits in five innings. He struck out four and walked four.Green pulled Perdomo with two outs in the fifth after he allowed Poseys RBI double to pull the Giants to 5-3. Buddy Baumann came on to make his big league debut and retired Crawford on one pitch.TRAINERS ROOMGiants: Bochy said Johnny Cueto, the All-Star Game starter and loser Tuesday at Petco Park, is still feeling a little under the weather but will be OK to pitch Sunday. Cueto said after the All-Star Game that he didnt feel well.Padres: Green said INF Cory Spangenberg likely wont return this season after re-tearing his left quadriceps.UP NEXTGiants: Cueto (13-1, 2.47 ERA) is scheduled to start Sundays series finale. He allowed three runs on two homers in 1 2/3 innings to take the loss in the All-Star Game.Padres: RHP Edwin Jackson, who hasnt started in two years, will be promoted from Triple-A El Paso to start Sunday. His last start was for the Chicago Cubs in 2014. Since then hes made 39 relief appearances for Chicago, Atlanta and Miami. ' ' '