n unsustainable 52.3 percent from this rangen unsustainable 52.3 percent from this range | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 22 '19
ST. Heat Jerseys 2021 . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- With the complicated math of baseball in the wild-card era, players in the Boston clubhouse were unaware the Red Sox are playoff bound.Dustin Pedroia hit his fourth career grand slam to help Rick Porcello get his major league-leading 22nd win, and the Red Sox clinched a playoff berth by beating the Tampa Bay Rays 6-4 Saturday night for their 10th consecutive win.Boston maintained a 5+-game lead over Toronto for the division title and ensured no worse than the ALs second wild card. While the Red Sox technically have a magic number of one, the Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles play each other three times in the seasons final week -- meaning only one of them can win match Bostons 91 wins.Among the other wild-card contenders, only Detroit can reach 91 victories.I havent heard it, Red Sox manager John Farrell said moments after the game.Porcello was informed of the news by a reporter.Obviously, its big, Porcello said. Its the position that we wanted to be in coming into this last week of September. We definitely want the division going forward.Boston is on its longest September winning streak since an 11-game run in 1949.Pedroia stopped an 0-for-17 skid with a single in the sixth and gave Boston a 6-3 lead with a seventh-inning drive off Danny Farquhar.Everybody is obviously grinding, Pedroia said.Pedroia hit several foul balls, including one off his toe before going deep.You can see why hes as good as he is because he fought off some good pitches and got his pitch (a changeup) and crushed it, Farquhar said.Porcello (22-4) gave up three runs, eight hits and struck out nine over 6 1/3 innings. He just missed getting his 12th consecutive start of seven or more innings and three runs or fewer, which would have moved him past Cy Young (1904) and Pedro Martinez (2000) for the longest stretch during the same season in franchise history.Porcello is first Boston pitcher to have 22 wins since Martinez had 23 in his AL Cy Young Award winning season in 1999.Craig Kimbrel, the fifth Boston reliever, reached 30 saves for the sixth straight season despite allowing Logan Forsythes solo homer in the ninth.Brad Miller hit a two-run double in a three-run second that put Tampa Bay up 3-1 and gave him 80 RBI.Tampa Bay threatened in the second but failed to score due to two nice defensive plays. Pedroia made a throw from just in front of the outfield grass at second base on Mikie Mahtooks grounder to get Corey Dickerson at the plate. Third baseman Brock Holt made a solid play along the line on Alexei Ramirezs grounder and threw him out at first to end the inning.We made a couple of really nifty plays, Farrell said. Petey with a heads-up play and then Brock made a beautiful backhand play to finish the inning.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: Farrell didnt rule out 3B Pablo Sandoval (left shoulder) from coming back this year if an injury replacement is required in the postseason. . Knuckleballer Steven Wright (right shoulder) threw at 120 feet on level ground for the second straight day but is not ready to throw off a mound.RAYS: DH Nick Franklin (left hamstring) was in the lineup for the first time since Sept. 15. He did pinch hit twice in-between.LOOKING AHEADFarrell said LHP David Price will start Tuesday and Sunday, which lines him up for Game 2 of the AL Division Series.HONORING BIG PAPIThe Rays will honor Red Sox DH David Ortiz in a pregame ceremony Sunday before his final game at Tropicana Field. He will be just the fourth visiting player to be honored, joining Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Cal Ripken Jr. Whenever somebody takes their time to honor my career I always appreciate it, Ortiz said. Everybody has shown a lot of respect and love.UP NEXTRed Sox LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (3-7) will go against Rays RHP Jake Odorizzi (9-6) in Sundays series finale. Dan Majerle Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Miami Heat Gear . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. https:///...las-jersey-heat.html . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we pose a question to a rotating panel of ESPN fantasy basketball experts to gauge their thoughts on a hot topic. Todays contributors are ESPN Fantasys Joe Kaiser, Jim McCormick and Kyle Soppe.Which player should fantasy owners trade now, because his value has already peaked for the season?Joe Kaiser: This answer hurts, and it will require the ultimate bravery test, but if youre ever going to sell high on Anthony Davis, this is the time. The Brow has been phenomenal from the first game on this season, putting up MVP-caliber numbers: 31.6 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.7 SPG, 2.8 BPG, 0.6 3PG, 50.3 FG%, 82.3 FT%. He leads the league in points and blocks per game and is sixth in rebounds per game. More importantly, the oft-injured big man has played in all but one of the Pelicans 22 games.It will take real guts to trade a player like this, but keep in mind that theres a good chance Davis wont be a factor by the time your team is in the playoffs, especially if he continues to lead the league in minutes per game as he does right now, logging 38 minutes a night. Keep in mind that never in his first four NBA seasons did he play more than 68 games, and if you can get two top 15 players for him right now -- were talking a Kemba Walker and Karl-Anthony Towns type of trade -- then you probably should think long and hard about unloading one of the games most talented, and fragile, players.Kyle Soppe: I am all for trusting the process when it comes to building a fantasy team... and that is exactly why I am selling my Joel Embiid shares sooner rather than later. Look, hes a fun own, I get it. But he is averaging more 3-pointers made this season than Jamal Crawford (in fewer minutes), more blocks than Andre Drummond and Pau Gasol combined and more points per minute than Damian Lillard. Cmon now. Lets not forget that Embiid could hit a wall given his youth (22 years old) or the fact that he is a 7-footer who has already had foot surgery.The man is a beast, no one doubts that, but his minutes are being watched carefully and hes not playing back-to--backs, so when the statistical regression comes. Heat Jerseys China. ...and it will... it will impact fantasy owners in a major way as he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to sheer volume. Embiids usage rate should dip in the near future, something that I believe lands him outside of our top 50 (on a per game basis, even further in cumulative stats) when all is said and done.Jim McCormick: Im in a competitive rotisserie league and was recently offered Andrew Wiggins for Clint Capela. This spurred me to dive deeper into Wiggins numbers to produce a reasonable response (I eventually declined). Cursory research reveals Wiggins is currently 96th on the Player Rater, well below Capelas perch at No. 51 on our standard deviation model. The Player Rater isnt an all-encompassing evaluation tool, but it does offer insights into the diversity of a given players production. Since the index values statistical balance, Wiggins top-heavy profile is punished. Which is to say Wiggins provides a bevy of points via a volume of field goal and free throw attempts, but isnt helpful in defensive metrics, assists or rebounds relative to his position.Wiggins point production is valuable, but limited statistical diversity caps his ceiling in category-driven formats. Id look to market Wiggins if I had shares given the appeal of his scoring production and the value of his brand. The 3-point efficiency from early in the season is crashing, as hes shooting 21.6 percent from beyond the arc during his past 10 games after hitting an unsustainable 52.3 percent from this range during his first 11 outings. For a player with his speed and wingspan, only 0.6 steals in 36.6 minutes is glaringly light. Wiggins is certainly a talented prospect who can surge defensively in seasons to come and is only growing as a scorer, but hes currently somewhat hollow in fantasy regards and will likely still net you a sizable return at the moment. That is, unless, you offer him to me. ' ' '