ser Huston Street (left calf strain) will pitch a simulate | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 23 '19
Off-contract Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold has declared hes set on staying put next season and turning the club into the Manchester United of the A-League. Chauncey Billups Jersey .Arnold confirmed hes been talking and communicating very well with Sky Blues officials about a new contract, as he batted away links with other clubs including Tasmanias well-financed expansion hopefuls.And his vision was simple - guide Sydney to their first trophy in six years and continue the grand plan he set out on arrival in 2014.I made a statement when I came into this club two years ago that I wanted to help this club become the Manchester United of the A-League, Arnold said.My ambition - my main goal - is to deliver a trophy to this club. Its been a long time and thats the purpose when we come into work.You always get phone calls from agents and other clubs, but for me its about being happy in my life and in my job.Im a Sydney boy and Im happy at Sydney FC.Arnold has been linked with Dutch outfit NAC Breda and fellow A-League club Melbourne City, who could be without a coach next season after John van t Schip indicated hell likely return to Holland after his contract expires at the end of this campaign.Tasmanias consortium are also reportedly targeting him in their drive to become one of two new teams to be introduced the 2018-19 season.The 53-year-old couldnt resist a dig at the Apple Isle.Ive always wanted to coach outside of Australia, Tasmania might be a good start, he joked.Its a couple of years away, its something I really havent thought about.Sydney will attempt to extend their six-point lead at the summit on Saturday night by taking three points from an under-performing Perth at nib Stadium.Should second-placed City and third-placed Melbourne Victory draw in the seasons second derby on the same night, the Sky Blues could be eight points clear at Christmas.Arnold confirmed midfielder Brandon ONeill will return to the starting XI to replace suspended Josh Brillante, while David Carney or George Blackwood will return to the squad in the absence of banned substitute striker Matt Simon.The coach praised ONeills decision to sign a new two-year contract this week, despite a swathe of players and agents across the league holding out for Football Federation Australia to secure a new broadcast deal that could see the salary cap rise substantially.Sydney still have another 13 players coming off contract and are set to face swelling demand for their talent if their unbeaten run continues.It seems everyone is sitting on their hands and waiting for the TV deal to be done, Arnold said.So for us to sign one of Australias best talents so early shows the kid appreciates what this club is giving him in his development. Kent Benson Jersey . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. George Yardley Jersey . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. https:///...-jersey-pistons.html . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed.DENVER -- Dexter Fowlers clutch hit in extra innings ensured that Carlos Gonzalezs all-around performance didnt go to waste. Fowlers single with two outs in the 10th inning scored DJ LeMahieu from third base and the Colorado Rockies rallied for an 8-7 win over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Fowler finished with four hits and Troy Tulowitzki had two, including his 16th home run. Rockies starter Juan Nicasio retired his first 16 batters. "Its as good as Ive seen Juan this year," manager Walt Weiss said. Fowler got mobbed by teammates after his hit, but it was Gonzalez who did the dirty work to get the Rockies to the 10th inning. The left fielder made two big catches near the wall and came through with a two-strike, two-out double in the ninth to tie the score. It was his only hit of the day but it helped the Rockies gain a split of the four-game series. "I was battling the whole game offensively," Gonzalez said. "When youre having a tough game offensively you have to go out there and keep the game close and help the pitchers as much as you can." Nick Hundley, Cameron Maybin and Mark Kotsay homered for the Padres, who missed an opportunity to take three of four in the series after blowing a three-run lead in the ninth. Three of the games were won in the winning teams last at-bat. Sunday, it was Colorados turn. Rex Brothers (2-0) pitched the 10th for the victory. Tyson Ross (0-3) walked Todd Helton to lead off the 10th. Jonathan Herrera singled with one out and LeMahieu, pinch-running for Helton, moved to third on Tyler Colvins groundout. Fowler then singled up the middle off Joe Thatcher, who came on to face Colvin, to give the Rockies their sixth walk-off win this season and second of the series. "I was just trying to make a pitch, keep it down," Thatcher said. "He got a better piece of it than I would have liked for him to." Fowler got the game-winning hit after the Rockies rallied against closer Luke Gregerson in the ninth. Colvins RBI single made it 7-5 and Gonzalez tied it with a two-run double down the right-field line on Gregersons third straight slider. "He threw me another one on the outside corner, I tried to stay patient and let it get deep," Gonzalez said. "It was the perfect pitch to hit to right field." Ross came on and retired Nolan Arenado to send the game into extra innings. Gonzalezs game-tying double nearly overshadowed his defence. The Gold Glove outfielder made two fine catches, one in the fifth on Kyle Banks drive to the top of the wall to temporarily preserve the perfect game and another in the sixth to end a rally and save two runs. "Hes a phenomenal athlete," Weiss said. "A huge double to tie the game up. Big-time performance by CarGo." It was also a big-time performance early by Nicasio, who was untouchable through the first five innings. He struck out seven and had only one three-ball count, to Will Venable in the second inning. Maybin grounded ouut to start the sixth before the Padres broke through. Kelly Tripucka Jersey. Hundley hit a 2-2 slider into the left-field bleachers to end the drama, and the 33,668 fans at Coors Field gave Nicasio an ovation as Hundley circled the bases. "I hung a slider," Nicasio said. "I didnt think about the no-hitter, only that I missed the pitch. If I put my slider in the dirt maybe he strikes out." With the perfect game gone, Nicasio appeared to lose his rhythm. The next three batters singled to make it 4-2 before Gonzalez made a running catch of Venables liner to end the inning. Edgmer Escalona came on in the seventh and allowed a solo home run to Maybin and a two-run, pinch-hit homer to Kotsay that gave the Padres a 5-4 lead. They were the first homers of the year for both players. "Playing here the games never over," said Padres second baseman Jedd Gyorko, who left in the 10th with a right groin strain. "Their guy has a no-hitter through five and by the seventh inning we have the lead." The Padres scored two more off reliever Matt Belisle in the eighth to make it 7-4. San Diego starter Clayton Richard had a rough start to his day even before he took the mound. A few hours before the game, Richard, Hundley and pitching coach Darren Balsley had a closed-door meeting in the clubhouse managers office to go over the game plan for the afternoon. When they were done, the door was jammed and couldnt be opened. After clubhouse personnel tried unsuccessfully to unlock the door with several sets of keys, Richard, Hundley and Balsley removed the pins from the hinges and the door was pushed open from the outside. Things didnt get much better for Richard when he took the mound. He gave up a two-run homer to Tulowitzki in the first inning and two more runs in the third on a groundout by Gonzalez and a triple by Arenado to make it 4-0. Richard settled down after that, retiring 10 of the last 12 batters he faced. He allowed four runs on eight hits, struck out three and walked one in six innings. "I thought I threw well for the most part," he said. "A bad pitch to Tulo that came over the plate, but really other than that it was just baseball." NOTES: Escalona left the game with right triceps soreness. He is scheduled to have an MRI on Monday and the Rockies said the results will be known Tuesday. ... San Diego SS Everth Cabrera extended his hitting streak to a career-high 10 games. ... Rockies OF Michael Cuddyer was out of the lineup for the third straight game with a strained rib cage muscle. Weiss said Cuddyer has improved since getting injured in the 12th inning Thursday and with a day off Monday thinks there is a chance the veteran will play the opener against Washington on Tuesday. ... San Diego closer Huston Street (left calf strain) will pitch a simulated game Monday. He is eligible to come off the 15-day DL on Friday. ... Padres RHP Jason Marquis (7-2) will pitch Mondays opener of a three-game series against Atlanta. ' ' '